Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, we do not know. However, based on what we've seen so far, my guess is that you'll receive it when 10.3 is released, which would be at roughly 0:00 PDT on 10/23 if it comes out on schedule, but the last two releases have come out a couple days late (IIRC: 2 days late for 10.1, 3 days late for 10.2).

I hope they also update the new-to-100, not just the 99 people like Elon said :D

My beta FSD experience today was the worst day I’ve had so far - and on well marked lightly traveled rural roads. Phantom braking, missed stop signs, full on with stopped school busses, wild yoke shaking back and forth, crossing over the center line, driving on the left side of a private road as if it were in the UK, etc. Very poor showing; not sure what changed. Will likely wait for 10.3 before I do any more beta FSD driving. Plaid time, until Saturday!

My beta FSD experience today was the worst day I’ve had so far - and on well marked lightly traveled rural roads. Phantom braking, missed stop signs, full on with stopped school busses, wild yoke shaking back and forth, crossing over the center line, driving on the left side of a private road as if it were in the UK, etc. Very poor showing; not sure what changed. Will likely wait for 10.3 before I do any more beta FSD driving. Plaid time, until Saturday!
Yes - this is what makes me suspicious of all those "No Interventions !" videos on YouTube. Either they have a great deal of nerve to let FSD make all kinds of mistakes but not intervene, are particularly lucky, using very simple routes or plain lying.

Reactions: dcesq06 and impastu
Sounds like you stole my Beta.o_Oo_Oo_O

Yes - this is what makes me suspicious of all those "No Interventions !" videos on YouTube. Either they have a great deal of nerve to let FSD make all kinds of mistakes but not intervene, are particularly lucky, using very simple routes or plain lying.
@EVNow I’ll go with, “Don’t trust the shills…” Prior to today, FSD performed as I had hoped it would, for an alpha release. Today, it was so bad, I’m done until I get the next release. I mean, there were very dangerous moves, that had I not been hyper aware, would have results in serious consequences.

Really wish Covid wasn’t still a thing so I could do the cross country road trip I had planned for last year. Would be interesting to try Beta in other states to compare it with SoCal performance.
Warning off topic: Are you in high risk group? I personally wouldn't worry about covid, especially if you are double or triple vaxed. You might be waiting for years with all the variants.

Apologies if its been covered already in this unruly thread to follow, but do we know the frequency that new cars are being added to the FSD program? I just recently got our car up to a score of 100 (as of a couple days ago) and am wondering when it will be considered for the next round of updates. We have a few hundred miles on the car since scoring began. Thanks in advance!
If things go the way they should, IMO you will likely see the beta this weekend.

Reactions: Araman0
No, we do not know. However, based on what we've seen so far, my guess is that you'll receive it when 10.3 is released, which would be at roughly 0:00 PDT on 10/23 if it comes out on schedule, but the last two releases have come out a couple days late (IIRC: 2 days late for 10.1, 3 days late for 10.2).
Didn’t Elon’s tweet say the next wave will be this Friday?

Well, I'm still at 99, but I was pleasantly surprised to see more 100s getting it overnight in spite of it contradicting my guess. It's bittersweet, though, as based on this:
I'm starting to share the concern others have voiced that idiots are going to make regulation rain down hard.

ETA: To be clear, I'm not even suggesting this poster, who I don't know, is an idiot, but I am suggesting that if people with low scores can reset their scores, idiots who will abuse the feature and cause problems are just as likely to take advantage of that as contributors who get legit shafted on their score. I suppose it's also possible that the suggestions are trolling to screw some people out of beta altogether. Regardless, I'm not resetting mine, but it's not out of principle, it's just that I already have 99 and plenty of miles. By the time I reset mine at this point, I might get the pre-release beta 2-3 days sooner, but I imagine there is a non-zero risk that someone attempting to reset their score could end up on 2021.36 and not be able to opt back in.

Reactions: edseloh and Phlier