Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. I hope so as I have 99% and high miles. Personally, the peeps who drive 5 miles and stop should not be considered, but otherwise I'm mostly good. But if I were king, I'd start with those that have something like 80% plus in the order they purchased FSD.

2. Zero

3. No. Honestly, with Elon I expect the goalposts to move.

4. I doubt any new people will have it Saturday AM. Maybe a couple weeks later.

796 miles driven since 9/25. Just today, got to an aggregate weighted score of 100!! :p

Edit: Not sure in my August 2021 refreshed MS Plaid has a radar or not. I "think" it does....

100 score.png

Last edited:
99 and holding ever since the start, SF Bay area traffic with standard M-F commuting. I strongly advise people not to drive "like granny" because that doesn't keep your driving metrics "in the windows" that provide positive boosts to the negative factors. If you're following too far, braking too soft, or cornering too slow, none of that counts towards your scores. Only staying in the windows (1-3 sec following when over 50mph, 0.1-0.3g stops or just "full regen, no brake", and 0.2-0.4g turns which I find to be "about 5mph over a posted speed sign for a turn") - that's what boosts your scores. I've written a lot about this, but visibility is pretty diffused between Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and TMC where I've posted tips. lol.

So let's see:
  1. Will there be a minimum number of miles driven to qualify?
    God I hope so, but signs aren't pointing to that being any kind of "hard limit" they're going to write about. Most likely it'll all be abstract, and some 100s will get it and some won't, before 99s start getting it.
  2. How many do we expect will get the beta on the first day?
    I'ma hope for 1000, but of this group? Ohh... no idea. I would expect the 100s to be cleared out in the first day.
  3. Will you be pissed if you don't get it in the first week? 🤬😤
    First week? oh definitely. hahaha
  4. Will anyone get the beta by Saturday morning, 10/9, or will Elon push it "two weeks" to the right? 🙄
    My money's on 10/9. That was already a delay. We got the button within the promised time-frame (actually earlier than I predicted - I had it on my calendar a week later given Elon's ambiguous date statements).

I thought that radar was disabled for AP on all vehicles? If so, why would we even track.
lol. I had the same thoughts - but it seems that the Encrappification of Autopilot had coincided with the development of pure vision cars/the radar-removal push, so it must mean radar and vision cars are the same. But I keep hearing first-hand and online reports of Vision cars being really, really worse than radar-equipped cars. So we're probably not there yet. The radar is still definitely doin' somethin'.

Reactions: impastu
lol. I had the same thoughts - but it seems that the Encrappification of Autopilot had coincided with the development of pure vision cars/the radar-removal push, so it must mean radar and vision cars are the same. But I keep hearing first-hand and online reports of Vision cars being really, really worse than radar-equipped cars. So we're probably not there yet. The radar is still definitely doin' somethin'.
My MYP is a vision car, and it doesn't compare to the w/Radar M3 I traded for the Plaid.

that explains why I can resell my 3-year-old 3 LR/RWD w/ FSD for virtually the same price I bought it for right now. It's a rare bird. haha. But hey, I trust that's only a temporary phenomenon... at least I hope so, as long as Tesla truly does continue to improve. Their track record hasn't exactly been stellar (*Cough*usbmediaalbumart) w.r.t. fixing things vs. breaking things as updates go on. But Radar and Vision have got to at least reach reliability parity. It's still hot on their minds, but FSD has taken-over all development work, it seems... I at least haven't noticed any AP-related changes in some months now. :/

that explains why I can resell my 3-year-old 3 LR/RWD w/ FSD for virtually the same price I bought it for right now. It's a rare bird. haha. But hey, I trust that's only a temporary phenomenon... at least I hope so, as long as Tesla truly does continue to improve. Their track record hasn't exactly been stellar (*Cough*usbmediaalbumart) w.r.t. fixing things vs. breaking things as updates go on. But Radar and Vision have got to at least reach reliability parity. It's still hot on their minds, but FSD has taken-over all development work, it seems... I at least haven't noticed any AP-related changes in some months now. :/
@FalconFour No kidding! I got nearly full price for my M3+ at $52,800, when traded against the Plaid.

Reactions: impastu and EVNow
They have to make vision better - thats part of FSD. No comparison to usbmediaalbumart - probably used by < 0.01% minority.

They have to make vision better - thats part of FSD. No comparison to usbmediaalbumart - probably used by < 0.01% minority.
Just saying they have a tendency not to improve things, but to keep mucking with them until they get worse and worse, if for any reason their focus drifts to something else. USB media is just a prime example of that. USB media is the only way to get lossless audio into the sound system, because they've got a lazy implementation of Bluetooth that doesn't include lossless streaming, and all the other options are highly compressed and lossy as well.

USB media used to have album art cover browsing, for fricks sake, on older Model S UI. Then that was gone, just album names only. Then art was just removed. All because they don't bother to just spend the 1 actual hour of programmer time needed to fix it for everyone... and other things are more important. Like more games. 😒 The album art is right there in every file that's being played - all they have to do is put that art on the screen, don't just ignore that data when playing.

What's your game plan for the next few days? Just keep driving as you have been (and cross your fingers) or park it until the 8th (and cross your fingers)?
Yeah I mainly do local street driving since most of my days are WFH. So mainly driving to the gym, running errands and buying food for the next few days. I use autopilot 99% of the time while driving and just take over when I need to make turns.

Been working out really good for me! Let's hope I keep this 100 score and be part of the 1,000 group to get the beta.

Reactions: impastu and dcesq06