Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

S4WRXTTCS

May 3, 2015
Snohomish, WA
hey

I have an intersection that curves a little bit right before the light. FSD used to handle without a problem. Now, the navigation points ahead while telling me to keep left. Then FSD pulls in to the left hand turning lane and when the light turns proceeds straight and does not make a left. That's progress I guess.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: Ryan27

novox77

Nov 25, 2017
NH, MA
I'm sure if I suddenly found myself in your neck of the woods I'd make a few mistakes trying to navigate myself around Boston. I have heard its not exactly the most straight forwards of places to drive.

I'm not a native New Englander (originally from Atlanta), but I have learned their ways. We love to honk at the newbies that don't know the roads already.

• Funny
Reactions: Sporty and Ryan27

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
Anybody know why FSD Beta wants to do this? (Changing lanes to stay out of rightmost lane)

View attachment 760305

This has happened several times on this highway with 2 lanes in each direction and a center turn lane, and more often than not, it decides to do so when someone is trying to pass on the left. Like in this picture, usually there's nobody ahead, so it's not switching because it sees slow traffic ahead.
it feels like with 10.8.1 its doing this much more than it used to.
Previously it was just before approaching traffic lights that didn't have a dedicated right lane, in which case it was doing what I would do.
Most recently I can't detect a reason.
Last time it did it we were driving along in the right lane about 2 miles from needing to turn left, FSD moves us over into the left lane.
Then 1/4 mile from the upcoming left turn it takes us back into the right lane then waiting to about 150 yards from the junction to make a really uncomfortable fast lane change to get over the left lane into the dedicated left turn lane.
10.6 and 10.7 did this much better.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC