Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Exactly. It is always visible on my Model 3. But I hate driving the Model 3 because it has a round steering wheel and is much harder to hold on to. Maybe someday <sigh>
WHat snapshot icon are you talking about? The button to send a FSD report to Tesla is always visible at the top of the screen In my MY.

Also, just how is a round steering wheel hard to hold on to???

Reactions: Oil Freedom
WHat snapshot icon are you talking about? The button to send a FSD report to Tesla is always visible at the top of the screen In my MY.
Also, just how is a round steering wheel hard to hold on to???
Yes the little camera snapshot icon. On the X and S, It is only visible with the settings screen covering nearly everyting. There are no top of screen icons visible at all in the X and S.

WRT the steering wheel, there is no flat horizontal portion to hold on to. It is quite a pain to use after you’ve gotten used to the yoke.

Yes the little camera snapshot icon. On the X and S, It is only visible with the settings screen covering nearly everyting. There are no top of screen icons visible at all in the X and S.

WRT the steering wheel, there is no flat horizontal portion to hold on to. It is quite a pain to use after you’ve gotten used to the yoke.
Oh, I had it mixed up and thought you were saying there’s no place On the horizontal screens to report. Yes - kind of a stupid choice to bury that button in the vertical screens.

I’ll refrain from further comment on the yoke, but if you really sang a dysfunctional steering method on you 3 you can get an aftermarket yoke.

Oh, I had it mixed up and thought you were saying there’s no place On the horizontal screens to report. Yes - kind of a stupid choice to bury that button in the vertical screens.
It’s actually buried in the horizontal screen of the refresh S and X - so are the homelink button, user profiles, lock, etc. (not sure why, as there is a LOT of space on the top of a large 17” screen in landscape).

In the 3/Y the left portion of the horizontal 15” screen is taken up by the odometer/lights/car/etc. UI, on top of which said buttons exist, but that section doesn’t exist on the 17” screen of the S/X since those have an instrument cluster screen.

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
No, I am talking about the horizontal screen in the refresh X and S. It is only accessible from the settings screen. There are no icons at all on the map screen.
I’ll refrain from further comment on the yoke, but if you really sang a dysfunctional steering method on you 3 you can get an aftermarket yoke.
Yes, but not worth it, since I rarely drive the car. Besides my wife would complain wildlife I did that. Her car has FSDb, but she never uses it.

Took a drive today. The car needs to learn not to cross raised railroad tracks at full speed. I had to brake hard to avoid a very rough ride.
Most/all of the tracks around here are constructed and designed to be taken at the posted speed. You feel some bumps, but it's not going to destroy the suspension or anything unless the pavement had been significantly degraded. Are RR crossings that bad where you live?

Most/all of the tracks around here are constructed and designed to be taken at the posted speed. You feel some bumps, but it's not going to destroy the suspension or anything unless the pavement had been significantly degraded. Are RR crossings that bad where you live?
The maintenance of RR crossings is similar to the maintenance of roads. Generally, the more highly travelled that a highway and a RR crossing is, the better the condition. We have roads locally where the main line RR crossing is smooth and a couple a hundred feet away the spur crossing is rough enough to rattle even the poshest limo. Crowdsourcing is a solution, but Tesla seems to have no interest presently in supporting that concept.

When I used to live in the suburbs of Atlanta, there were plenty of RR tracks that were worthy of General Lee jumps.

Some are elevated sharply at the crossing to a point where you might become airborne if you cross at posted speed limit. They need to be treated as a speed bump because that is what they are.

Reactions: jabloomf1230
Some are elevated sharply at the crossing to a point where you might become airborne if you cross at posted speed limit. They need to be treated as a speed bump because that is what they are.

The railroad changed the grading on some tracks around here that crossed a road that had a 45-50 MPH speed limit several years ago. They did post a speed limit sign but everyone was used to driving 45 without a problem and the pavement was covered with marks from people bottoming out their undercarriage.

The actual tracks are owned by the railroads and they have the right of way while the city is responsible for the street leading up to the tracks so the city should really put up signage marking those crossings. Not of course FSD takes about ¼ mile to actually change its speed so that wouldn’t help much…

When I used to live in the suburbs of Atlanta, there were plenty of RR tracks that were worthy of General Lee jumps.
no general lee but I did have a '68 dodge 440 in ugly pea soup green. But I preferred launching my '78 Caprice over some of the tracks around here. The guy who bought the chevy complained about the scraped under carriage. But alas we have moved forward and all those roads are nicely paved now.

• Funny
The railroad changed the grading on some tracks around here that crossed a road that had a 45-50 MPH speed limit several years ago. They did post a speed limit sign but everyone was used to driving 45 without a problem and the pavement was covered with marks from people bottoming out their undercarriage.

The actual tracks are owned by the railroads and they have the right of way while the city is responsible for the street leading up to the tracks so the city should really put up signage marking those crossings. Not of course FSD takes about ¼ mile to actually change its speed so that wouldn’t help much…
but they'd probably use a yellow / warning speed limit reduction sign and AP / FSD doesn't see those at all.

After more days driving 10.69.2.2 I have to say that it's absolute garbage. It's barely improved over 10.12.2. Lane selection is still terrible. It is still very jerky in left turns in any situation that isn't zero traffic & perfect 90 degree angles. It also likes to change lanes to the right just before a left turn, and then it struggles to get back over to the left. It is awful at roundabouts. It comes in way too fast as if it has the right of way & then has to slam on the brakes to not crash into traffic already in the roundabout which actually has the right of way. Then while in the roundabout it tries to stop for traffic that wants to enter the roundabout when FSD has the right of way. It also will randomly stop in the middle of roundabouts instead of continuing on. I have no idea how some of these YouTubers like Chuck Cook & Dirty Tesla have such good drives. It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the RCCB updated cameras that were installed in our S with how poorly it performs. Or Tesla just over-fitted 10.69 to Chuck's turn in Jacksonville at the expense of driving in the rest of the country. I should start hitting the dashcam button for every stupid thing it does or save video from our BlackVue dashcam, but I don't have time to be editing videos for hours to upload to YouTube...

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
After more days driving 10.69.2.2 I have to say that it's absolute garbage. It's barely improved over 10.12.2. Lane selection is still terrible. It is still very jerky in left turns in any situation that isn't zero traffic & perfect 90 degree angles. It also likes to change lanes to the right just before a left turn, and then it struggles to get back over to the left. It is awful at roundabouts. It comes in way too fast as if it has the right of way & then has to slam on the brakes to not crash into traffic already in the roundabout which actually has the right of way. Then while in the roundabout it tries to stop for traffic that wants to enter the roundabout when FSD has the right of way. It also will randomly stop in the middle of roundabouts instead of continuing on. I have no idea how some of these YouTubers like Chuck Cook & Dirty Tesla have such good drives. It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the RCCB updated cameras that were installed in our S with how poorly it performs. Or Tesla just over-fitted 10.69 to Chuck's turn in Jacksonville at the expense of driving in the rest of the country. I should start hitting the dashcam button for every stupid thing it does or save video from our BlackVue dashcam, but I don't have time to be editing videos for hours to upload to YouTube...
gotta say, I don't disagree. 69.2.2 is not much of an improvement , if any. In lots of ways it seems worse than 12.2. more jerky, more hesitation, more phantom brakes. bummer, as I had high hopes.

Reactions: hybridbear
They seem to be holding quite firmly to the policy of not doing retrograde admissions to FSDb (meaning sending to people who are currently running a later version than the base build integrated with the FSDb).

That policy is very strongly in conflict with the stated intention of greatly broadening the pool of people actually running FSDb soon, and specifically with Elon's reference to going from 100K to 160K cars.

The obvious way out is for the next point release of FSDb to use a higher base build--at least 2022.24, and likely 2022.28. I think there are probably vexing integration and testing problems in the way, but they have already done a point release that jumped base build recently, and the motivation here seems higher.

If they do jump the base build to 2022.28-ish, you might get in on the next point release, quite possibly next week. But if they put out a next point release at a lower base build, you might have quite a wait on your hands.

They seem to be holding quite firmly to the policy of not doing retrograde admissions to FSDb (meaning sending to people who are currently running a later version than the base build integrated with the FSDb).

That policy is very strongly in conflict with the stated intention of greatly broadening the pool of people actually running FSDb soon, and specifically with Elon's reference to going from 100K to 160K cars.

The obvious way out is for the next point release of FSDb to use a higher base build--at least 2022.24, and likely 2022.28. I think there are probably vexing integration and testing problems in the way, but they have already done a point release that jumped base build recently, and the motivation here seems higher.

If they do jump the base build to 2022.28-ish, you might get in on the next point release, quite possibly next week. But if they put out a next point release at a lower base build, you might have quite a wait on your hands.

Fingers crossed the next point release jumps to 2022.28, if not I'll likely just cancel my FSD subscription as I don't want to pay for $200 a month for it and worry about my safety score if it may take months to come.

It's unfortunate that you can't just subscribe, get the safety score, and receive the beta at this point.

My guess is that they will soon bump up the base version if for no other reason than to deal with the window control recall. Though they said notifications for that wouldn't go out until mid November.