Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
22OCT21 Update: We are anticipating the release of v10.3 after midnight (PDT) tonight! Please keep your data current in the attached tracking spreadsheet ("S/S"). Please post your thoughts on v10.3, as either a new user, or one coming from v10.2. What improvements (or setbacks) have you noticed, etc.?
Thank you! :)

Link to the spread sheet.

Original post :

Hello all! For those of you who "pushed" the Beta request button, and have been driving like a granny for nearly two weeks now, I've created this thread to capture data around the actual downloads (starting on 10/10, hopefully). Here's what we need to know:

Starting at Midnight on 10/8, please report the following:

1. When did you "push the button," to start your safety score rating?
2. How many miles have you driven since "pushing 'da button"?
3. What is your safety score?
4. Did you receive the beta software? If so, when?

Okay, that's the key data, but of course, we want to hear your feedback on the actual FSD beta driving experience as well - after downloading and trying it out, of course! ;)

Until then (Midnight on 10/10), we can use this thread for "predictions"! For example,

1. Will there be a minimum number of miles driven to qualify?
2. How many do we expect will get the beta on the first day?
3. Will you be pissed if you don't get it in the first week? 🤬😤
4. Will anyone get the beta by Saturday morning, 10/9, or will Elon push it "two weeks" to the right? 🙄

So, let us begin! My thoughts:

1. Yes, but not sure how many miles/week that may be.... 100?
2. Zero; see #4
3. Probably, after two weeks of not enjoying my Plaid!
4. 50-50, at best.

And your thoughts? 🧐

@2021plaid @Phlier @WilliamG
@diplomat33

Last edited:
Hello all! For those of you who "pushed" the Beta request button, and have been driving like a granny for nearly two weeks now, I've created this thread to capture data around the actual downloads (starting on 10/8, hopefully). Here's what we need to know:

Okay, that's the key data, but of course, we want to hear your feedback on the actual FSD beta driving experience as well - after downloading and trying it out, of course! ;)

Until then (Midnight on 10/8), we can use this thread for "predictions"! For example,

4. Will anyone get the beta by Saturday morning, 10/9, or will Elon push it "two weeks" to the right? 🙄

2. Zero; see #4
4. 50-50, at best.

And your thoughts? 🧐

1. Monday, 9/27
2. 550
3. 96 (because my wife thinks she's Mario Andretti)
4. coming in "two weeks"

Reactions: jebinc
(1) Saturday Sept 25th
(2) 351 miles (excluding today [10/5] onwards)
(3) 97
(4) Elon already indicated that those with 100 will get it possibly this Friday, and then gradually release it to those with 99, followed 98 followed 97, etc... Possibly all the way down to 90 (and maybe not lower if you extrapolate based on the image shown here (Safety Score Beta). It's also unknown if each group will be done in two weeks increments, so assume that you got 98, then you're looking at 4 weeks and 10.4 release (maybe). Again, only an extrapolation based on data points in his tweets. In my case I'm off by 3 points, so that means 6 weeks possibly before I get FSD 10.5 possibly (with 10.2 going our this Friday).

Ok, got one started: FSD Beta - Participants and Rollout Status

I will clean it up/improve it over time. Also let me know if you'd like to add additional columns.

(I added a couple of columns that I'm really interested in - whether you bought or subscribed to FSD, and the date you did so. I'm hopeful that Tesla does prioritize based on purchase date, but we'll see).

Last edited:
Hi again, all! Until 10/8, these are the four questions to answer, not the ones listed as after 10/8! ;)

Until then (Midnight on 10/8), we can use this thread for "predictions"! For example,

Reactions: FalconFour
Hello all! For those of you who "pushed" the Beta request button, and have been driving like a granny for nearly two weeks now, I've created this thread to capture data around the actual downloads (starting on 10/8, hopefully). Here's what we need to know:

2. Zero; see #4
4. 50-50, at best.

And your thoughts? 🧐

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I will clean it up/improve it over time. Also let me know if you'd like to add additional columns.

(I added a couple of columns that I'm really interested in - whether you bought or subscribed to FSD, and the date you did so. I'm hopeful that Tesla does prioritize based on purchase date, but we'll see).
@jebinc Ask a mod to make this thread a "wiki" and give you access to edit the first post - or ask them to edit the first post to include this spreadsheet link.

As for me ...

Yes - atleast 0.1 miles ;) Probably higher. My expectation is a non-trivial but low number - like 50 miles.

1,000. Just not sure what the first day will be.

Depends. What I need to know is whether our scores at the start of the rollout are what is considered for rollout. I don't want to indefinitely try to keep a score of 100 until I get FSD Beta. I want them to take a snapshot of the scores before rollout and use that.

Won't be surprised if 10.2 is pushed out by a couple of days or another week. "the team needs a one/few more days to test"

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
@EVNow Please help me with that, by reporting the post and adding those comments. I just had a mod move this to the correct forum! Edit: As I don’t have a spreadsheet to link.
The post I replied to has the link.

The post I replied to has the link.

@EVNow Request made.

Thanks for starting this thread! Hopefully we'll see the first 1,000 people who have perfect 100 scores get approved and download the FSD Beta 10.2 by 3:00 a.m PST on 10/9

I'm currently sitting at Score: 100 and just have to drive the next few days 🙏🏻
I too should roll up to a score of 100 today, after logging nearly 800 miles since 9/25….

Vision only or vision + radar would be interesting as well.

Thanks for starting this thread! Hopefully we'll see the first 1,000 people who have perfect 100 scores get approved and download the FSD Beta 10.2 by 3:00 a.m PST on 10/9

I'm currently sitting at Score: 100 and just have to drive the next few days 🙏🏻
What's your game plan for the next few days? Just keep driving as you have been (and cross your fingers) or park it until the 8th (and cross your fingers)?