Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've repeatedly recommended that anyone who truly feels they were fraudulently induced to shell out $3-$10K on FSD sue in Small Claims Court and report their success here. This is the most direct and least cost way (for both the consumer and Tesla) to hold Tesla responsible, and is compliant with the arbitration agreement that 99% of us blew through and accepted on purchase.

So far, crickets.
Could there have been a Confidentiality Clause and they're not going to post about it?

Reactions: Phlier
I guess if you're a glass half empty kinda guy, that'd be the opinion to have.

I'm not a glass half full kinda guy. I'm not a glass half empty kinda guy. My wife says I'm a "That DAMN GLASS!" kind of guy. Even so, I don't agree with you. I think he does care, but he bit off way, way, way more than he ever expected when he started down the FSD path, and to this day is still chewing on it.

To me it's a bit of a head scratcher that people come up with the same opinion as you. I mean, the situation is pretty clear: Elon himself has apologized profusely and admitted how wrong he was on the timeline to get to FSD, and has said that it was harder than he ever imagined.

IMO, if he didn't care, he would have just shrugged and gone "oh well" rather than apologizing, etc.

But hey... keep looking at the world in the way that pleases you most. ;)
You’re confusing two very different topics:

1. How long it has taken to get this far with FSD. Missing multiple timelines, predictions, etc. This is what you were talking abut, but it’s NOT what I was talking about. I don’t think this shows a lack of regard for owners.

2. How the rollout itself has been planned and communicated. Blog posts promising early access for early buyers, later ignored. Ambiguous tweets, lack of clear communication, indiference to widespread confusion and ambiguity that could be clarified with a single tweet or email. This has NOTHING to do with the hard problem of FSD. I DO think this shows a lack of regard for owners.

The latter is what I’m talking about. It has NOTHING to do with the difficulty of developing FSD. It has to do with how easy it is to communicate your near term plans effectively, if you can be bothered.

The whole "The Safety Score system isn't fair!" argument is getting a bit old at this point.

Yeah, the system isn't perfect. Not even close. I hate it, in fact.

But there is no way they could ever come up with a system that made everyone happy. No matter what, some guys are gonna be upset with how the Safety Score determines a driver to be "Safe."

Kinda like programming automatic windshield wipers... no matter how it's done, some people aren't gonna like it.

But it's rapidly approaching the dead horse category.
disagree about the windshield wipers. If you built them with a wide range (the delay part) and allowed people to create presets seems like you could please everyone. Of course have a factory default, exactly like it is now, but those points can be removed or changed. And more added. So you like intermittents at 1,3,6 seconds while I could set 2,4,6,&8 seconds. Same thing with the continuous speed.

Tough problem when it's hardware based. A lot easier when it's just software.

I resemble that remark. But as one who has never spent a day in the courtroom nor having taken a deposition, I'm entertained by the loudmouths who threated lawsuits but (as bullies are wont to do) never follow through on their threats.

I've repeatedly recommended that anyone who truly feels they were fraudulently induced to shell out $3-$10K on FSD sue in Small Claims Court and report their success here. This is the most direct and least cost way (for both the consumer and Tesla) to hold Tesla responsible, and is compliant with the arbitration agreement that 99% of us blew through and accepted on purchase.

So far, crickets.
but small claims is small. I know it varies across the country but I think here the max is 3K

1. How long it has taken to get this far with FSD. Missing multiple timelines, predictions, etc. This is what you were talking abut, but it’s NOT what I was talking about. I don’t think this shows a lack of regard for owners.

2. How the rollout itself has been planned and communicated. Blog posts promising early access for early buyers, later ignored. Ambiguous tweets, lack of clear communication, indiference to widespread confusion and ambiguity that could be clarified with a single tweet or email. This has NOTHING to do with the hard problem of FSD. I DO think this shows a lack of regard for owners.

The latter is what I’m talking about. It has NOTHING to do with the difficulty of developing FSD. It has to do with how easy it is to communicate your near term plans effectively, if you can be bothered.
In that case, I really don't see how you'd come to the "he doesn't care" conclusion.

I purchased FSD with my car in 2019, and have been waiting and waiting. Yet I'm unable to come to the same "he doesn't care" conclusion that you have.

You and I look at the world in completely different ways. And I seriously doubt that one of us will convince the other that their opinion is wrong.

Reactions: dckiwi

PS it’s happening RIGHT NOW. Multiple people (including WholeMarsCatalog, who Elon follows) have asked for a simple clarification from Tesla:

Have the ‘perfect score’ owners already been identified (as of Friday night) OR

Will they pull the list whenever they release the beta?

Simple question. Matters to a lot of people. Radio silence.

PS it’s happening RIGHT NOW. Multiple people (including WholeMarsCatalog, who Elon follows) have asked for a simple clarification from Tesla:

Have the ‘perfect score’ owners already been identified (as of Friday night) OR

Will they pull the list whenever they release the beta?

Simple question. Matters to a lot of people. Radio silence.
Lot's of what appears to be intentional drama. Why, I have no idea....

disagree about the windshield wipers. If you built them with a wide range (the delay part) and allowed people to create presets seems like you could please everyone. Of course have a factory default, exactly like it is now, but those points can be removed or changed. And more added. So you like intermittents at 1,3,6 seconds while I could set 2,4,6,&8 seconds. Same thing with the continuous speed.

Tough problem when it's hardware based. A lot easier when it's just software.
Ah, but see... then some people will be angry because: "Didn't he develop AI to handle this? Shouldn't it be able to handle something as simple as windshield wipers? Isn't this supposed to be a high tech car? Why do I still have to adjust the wiper speed/settings? My 1975 Cady had this same 'technology' as this car!"

Never underestimate the ability of people to find things to be unhappy with. :)

Reactions: jebinc and spokey
I'm just more optimistic. But I have pretty much always hated every car makers auto wiper settings. I have had a few that had a variable knob so you could tailor the intermittent. Probably all Datusn/Nissan's. And maybe my '78 Chevy Caprice

Just looked it up. I wouldn't say most but certainly quite a few. 25k in Tennessee and Delaware really surprised me.50-State Chart of Small Claims Court Dollar Limits
Thanks for the research, but $10k or more is not at all uncommon. Thank goodness for living in a consumer friendly state, that's all I can say.

Still, not one unhappy customer has reported trying this venue. With all the whining, you'd think that by now someone has.

Just looked it up. I wouldn't say most but certainly quite a few. 25k in Tennessee and Delaware really surprised me.50-State Chart of Small Claims Court Dollar Limits
The bummer in a state like AZ is that the defendant has the right to pull the case out of small claims, have it heard by regular justice court AND have the right to appeal the decision. I imagine Tesla would choose the more complicated and costly route.

The bummer in a state like AZ is that the defendant has the right to pull the case out of small claims, have it heard by regular justice court AND have the right to appeal the decision. I imagine Tesla would choose the more complicated and costly route.
Actually, that's an interesting situation: you sue them in SCC, and they move to have the case removed to superior court. (Or, whatever trial courts are called in the jurisdiction.)

Now, it's Tesla that has caused what otherwise would be precluded for the consumer under the arbitration agreement.

Sounds ripe for a court to rule whether mandatory arbitration would still apply.

That is "additional criteria," as it deviates from the statement "all 100/100 will get the software"...
That just means the criteria changed not that there is "additional" criteria - as there was no new standard imposed upon which selection is judged or determined. (An example of additional criteria could be not only do you have to have 100 safety score, but you must also have a perfect score each and every day over the past 14 days.)

Regardless, we ain't getting it today and who knows if we will get it tomorrow/Monday! :):):)