Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what is Elon's meaning for "likely on Sunday or Monday" going to translate to? Monday midnight (Tuesday morning). Could be anytime between now and middle of next week. Good news for those who had 98/99 to give them another chance to improve, if the scores aren't frozen already. Stressful for those who already had 100.

Elon reported that 10.2 was a "Long list of mostly little items". Doesn't seem like something that should have stopped the rollout for 3 more days.
Unless it broke something that now has to be fixed. Fairly common in software.

Reactions: mhan00 and ahoen117
Elon reported that 10.2 was a "Long list of mostly little items". Doesn't seem like something that should have stopped the rollout for 3 more days.
Pretty common to have a bad bug creep into a release (someone checked in the wrong code / didn't checkin the latest / last minute bug fix created some other issue ). With neural networks its even more difficult to predict.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the single stack issue is what's causing the delay, as the previous release (last Saturday) was initially supposed to have single stack, and it got "pushed back a week." So the release we were supposed to get early this morning was supposed to have it.
I noted at the shareholder event there was a question on the FSD release that also asked if this release would be single stack Elon took a beat, batted that part of the question away as 'inside baseball', then went on to confirm Friday release. That makes me doubtful about single stack in this release. He could have easily said 'Yes'.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Well - so do I. Infact I've done assembly programming where we had to burn the release to an EEPROM - test it on the device and if something was wrong, erase the EEPROM and start over.
EPROM SHME-PROM. I was the KING of the 029 Keypunch machine<g>

graduated to 6502 assembler then 'C' on an ATARI 800 before the PC came out. Moonlighted writing DLLs for big corps in the late 80s early 90s before starting my own little comp (mostly sql server and java by then)

Oh, and I've actually seen memory. Little beads on this cross wire form(?)

EPROM SHME-PROM. I was the KING of the 029 Keypunch machine<g>
Paper tape punch on KSR-33 Teletype. No storage on the timeshare systems that donated cpu time to my high school, so I wrote a program and then dumped it onto paper tape. Acoustic 110 baud modem.

But it inspired me to become interested in computers and programming, leading ultimately to me being a senior (clinical) applications analyst. True story, though: when I started at UCLA (zoology major), I thought I'd take some programming courses. Then I found out you would create your program on Hollerith cards and hand the stack to the High Priest of the computer. Results in the form of a printout in 24 hours.

Since I was raised in real-time processing, I never took a computer course as an undergrad. When I got to pharmacy school, SC had a brand new computer lab with CRT terminals and a slick 300 baud IBM terminal. Taught myself PL/I and created some programs to help fellow students analyze their "unknowns" (assignment was to use titration to then calculate concentration) in lab. Program was called TITRAT because six characters were all that were available for filenames. Most subsequent computer work was creating small clinical programs for hospital pharmacies, and ultimately on workflow design and configuration of enterprise electronic health record systems.

TMI, but the FSD messages are getting repetitive.

Pretty common to have a bad bug creep into a release (someone checked in the wrong code / didn't checkin the latest / last minute bug fix created some other issue ). With neural networks its even more difficult to predict.
Yes fine. They only found a bug at 1am perhaps, or gave up and notified Elon to call it off. All very possible. If your customers are waiting, you tighten your schedule so you finish in time to do QC checks, or you don't keep giving out unrealistic schedules. Who likes à string of broken promises.

Yes fine. They only found a bug at 1am perhaps, or gave up and notified Elon to call it off. All very possible. If your customers are waiting, you tighten your schedule so you finish in time to do QC checks, or you don't keep giving out unrealistic schedules. Who likes à string of broken promises.
When you do releases every 2 weeks, there isn’t much of “tighten your schedule” possible.

My guess after listening to their AI day is that they have a test suit that runs in their simulation environment. They probably finish all the checkins in the evening of Friday - make the build and start the simulation test. Go and have dinner - come back and check the results. Then they have a go/no-go call where they make the decision.

No-Go is always a painful decision. Apart from everyone blaming them for the delay - they have to work over the weekend to get a better build for a quick release. Much more difficult than whining all weekend on TMC.

Has anyone received an update with FSD Beta since this morning?
My bad. I should follow Elon on Twitter

5F37E734-3D80-43DC-B2A9-A58B1F710785.jpeg