Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just occured to me, maybe the threahold is 100 miles inn a single day? Anyone here who got the beta and never broke 100 miles in a day with a perfect score?

Don't think there's a 100 mile daily minimum threshold as folks with 333 miles have gotten it...and if people are supposed to drive a min of 100 miles a day, that'd mean most people will have over 700 miles overall (assuming a 7 day minimum)

looks like a few Model X and Model S are finally getting it (in the second wave)...probably releasing it in batches (~100 at a time) so everyone doesn't crash their servers in an attempt to download simultaneously (all at once)

1633942174850.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeScarne
Very early initial impression from a new FSD tester:

Maybe the Safety Score had me trained to be too cautious, but the beta feels pretty aggressive. I don’t mean that negatively. It feels confident and fast. I didn’t expect that.

Initial impressions are wow and reminiscent of the first time trying Autopilot back in 2015 (I think?). When it works, it’s really slick.

It definitely still needs supervision. It seems to want to hug the right a little too much for me.

I disengaged twice on a short ride. One time, it seemed like it wanted to go straight into a field at a T intersection. I took over and reported it. The other, it felt like it was taking a turn too quickly and might hit the right curb. It’s very possible it would’ve been fine, but I don’t know the system enough yet.

90 degree turns worked well if not a little too cautious. It creeps out slowly. I was on a dark road and it probably couldn’t see anything while looking for cross traffic. Once it decides to go, however, it does it quickly and feels natural.

For what it’s worth, at the end of this 3 mile test, I had a 100 safety score for the drive. I was concerned the disengagements had me reacting longer than 3 seconds to correct.

Time for sleep and looking forward to testing in the daytime.
My initial impressions are the same as yours. Car was very aggressive with cornering (which was honestly a bit scary) At times, the car moved very cautiously - like it was unsure of itself (which was also a bit scary). I'd love to see see the safety score of the car on AP, because there were several hard turns and hard breaks.

Overall impression... This is definitely beta software, but I can see there is a LOT of potential. Not sure how often, when and where I'll use it yet. I hope to get a better feel of things in daylight. It is exciting and exhilarating to be on the cutting edge, but there were a couple of times when I audibly gasped because I was unsure of what the car was going to do.

Reactions: edseloh and wjax