Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems that those with a score of 100 feels the safety score is fair game to gain access to FSD beta. I don't have 100. I'm a pitiful 93, for very lame reasons that at no point resulted from unsafe driving.

I hope Musk continues to roll software out to those of us that forked over the $$ (some several years back) and not hold us hostage to playing his new driving game to qualify. I'm cool with waiting in line if that's how he wants to prioritize roll-out (I disagree with the tactic, but whatever). Just hoping he doesn't stop with this preliminary distribution to the fortunate few that happened to satisfy his safety formula.

Reactions: jebinc
Seems that those with a score of 100 feels the safety score is fair game to gain access to FSD beta. I don't have 100. I'm a pitiful 93, for very lame reasons that at no point resulted from unsafe driving.

I hope Musk continues to roll software out to those of us that forked over the $$ (some several years back) and not hold us hostage to playing his new driving game to qualify. I'm cool with waiting in line if that's how he wants to prioritize roll-out (I disagree with the tactic, but whatever). Just hoping he doesn't stop with this preliminary distribution to the fortunate few that happened to satisfy his safety formula.
I agree. And Elon even said the Safety Score Calculation is very beta or alpha and they expect to fix it over time. I have a 99 and very little chance to getting to 100. Not going to drive 1000+ miles to attempt to raise my score. My wife was actually 99 until a FCW on Friday which caused her to drop to 96. My guess if she wanted to drive a bit she could get back to 99 (maybe).

The takeaway from this game is that it sorts people who are good at figuring out "the rules of the game" vs. people that look at surface level and complain about it. If you're good at playing the game, you're probably good at feeling out the "uncanny valley" that FSD's driving exists in. If not, it'll probably be a big headache of dissatisfied complaints about how bad FSD is, and possibly accidents.

Ending your post with "happened to satisfy" says a lot. Most of us didn't just stumble into a "granny" safety score (I loudly disagree that "driving like granny" is the key to a 100 - as I'm kinda proof of. lol). We learned about the game and worked our asses off at it :)

I really hope they keep going down the list and give it to more people. The safety score is such a game, my first day I got a 96, then had a 100 every other day because I was able to figure out how to game it. I don't think I was a better driver those days at all. If someone is down in the 30s, sure they may just be a more dangerous driver, but everyone up top should get it.

And I guess they can only block this to some people until it goes public(if ever) since people paid a lot of money for it.

2 weeks ago it was FSD beta is a fraud and months if not years away.
Friday it was Elon's such a damn liar.
Today it's "I got 100 on my Safety Score and didn't get the Beta"
Today, it's also "I got the FSD beta and it's terrible."

The old Woody Allen joke about two women in a Catskills hotel restaurant. One says "the food here is terrible." The other responds, "yes, and the portions are so small!"

I just did a 15 mile trip. All 100% except it says an average FCW of 63.7. WTF? It did not go off once. There were no near misses, etc. What am I missing?
My wife had the same thing happen on Friday (99 -> 96). And on the way home to day she got a ding ding ding warning for a car that decided to turn right quickly without notice. Today I told her about reset her car before turning it off when she gets home which causes the score to not register. She did not at any point feel unsafe.

I had a 100% until Saturday until about 6PM where it dropped to 99%. Around 11AM on Sunday I got it back to 100% and received the update.

I love my steering wheel that I've had for almost 2.5 years. Using FSD with it is a totally different experience vs. manually driving. I could see how they might want to make sure owners are really use to the yoke before adding FSD.

My wife had the same thing happen on Friday (99 -> 96). And on the way home to day she got a ding ding ding warning for a car that decided to turn right quickly without notice. Today I told her about reset her car before turning it off when she gets home which causes the score to not register. She did not at any point feel unsafe.

I rec'd no warning at all.