Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yoke car beta
not sure how to embed tweets on here, but here seems to be another refresh with beta
More of the same as has already been reported in about five different threads, multiple times…... No public release beta FSD, but an EAP tester. Still, a good sign that yokers might eventually see a release.

Yep he's an early beta tester. No public release yet for us yokers.
@Venom. Care to take a guess how many more times tonight we will see this picture as someone tries to find evidence that yokers were not left out?!

I do think it’s a good sign that at least one of Tesla’s testers with a yoke has something to try out. It might be good, or it might suck. If the later, no soup for yokers for some time.

@Venom. Care to take a guess how many more times tonight we will see this picture as someone tries to find evidence that yokers were not left out?!

I do think it’s a good sign that at least one of Tesla’s testers with a yoke has something to try out. It might be good, or it might suck. If the later, no soup for yokers for some time.
Ya everyone's going to think yokers have it now because of that 1 picture.

We won't get it until 10.3 at the earliest since Elon said they're not going to roll it out any further until 10.3.

Reactions: Phlier
Ya everyone's going to think yokers have it now because of that 1 picture.

We won't get it until 10.3 at the earliest since Elon said they're not going to roll it out any further until 10.3.
@Venom I too have become okay with that as 10.3 should have the benefit of all the experience gained from the larger 10.2 group. Still think Tesla is lame for hiding out in the open about it though….

Yup. Router shows traffic by IP
Yeah my Sonya is a chatty gal! What a ramp up since the beta. I guess tesla is using amazon servers but she talks to all sorts

Snap1.png

FSD at night in rain is pretty terrifying, it's extra jerky in turns. Driving on empty road I get a FCW sound and it swerves around totally empty space. My wife hates this thing and I think I won't be using it again until I'm alone in the car.
@eli_ Yep, might be tough to enjoy this in the Seattle area with Seattle weather and traffic.

Reactions: Phlier and eli_
Highways are now worse with FSD. Some lane wondering which I haven't had for a long time. One reason why I am going to recalibrate the cameras. I am optimistic FSD will improve after that.
Update,
Calibrated my cameras with no improvement. Model Y. Just emailed FSD beta team to see if they might take a look at the car.
First drive after calibration
  1. First intersection with no other cars, turned left fine then immediately disengaged no idea why,
  2. Went 50 meters and FSD took a very tight on ramp to the interstate. Assume a mapping error but immediately the ramp speed limit showed 65 while still in a tight curve to merge onto the highway. FSD disengaged itself.
  3. Drove 3 miles to my normal exit ramp (major interstate- 495) and FSD would have completely missed the exit if I hadn't taken over. If this was during the day with typical traffic I would have definitely missed the exit even if I took over. On NoA I've taken that exit dozens of times with no problems.
  4. Finally drove a mile or two with no problems but when trying to turn into my small street it went straight for some bushes. I let it go, FSD disengaged itself and stopped abruptly so I had to takeover. The turn is normally taken at 10mph or less but FSD tried it at 25 which is way too fast and is why it couldn't make the tight turn. My street does not display any speed limit and the street I was coming down has a speed limit of 30 which is too fast. Nobody ever drives that fast on it.
Overall as you'd expect FSD is a disappointment to say the least.
Unless I hear back from Tesla I'm hoping for the best when 10.3 comes out.

Update,
Calibrated my cameras with no improvement. Model Y. Just emailed FSD beta team to see if they might take a look at the car.
  1. First intersection with no other cars, turned left fine then immediately disengaged no idea why,
  2. Went 50 meters and FSD took a very tight on ramp to the interstate. Assume a mapping error but immediately the ramp speed limit showed 65 while still in a tight curve to merge onto the highway. FSD disengaged itself.
  3. Drove 3 miles to my normal exit ramp (major interstate- 495) and FSD would have completely missed the exit if I hadn't taken over. If this was during the day with typical traffic I would have definitely missed the exit even if I took over. On NoA I've taken that exit dozens of times with no problems.
  4. Finally drove a mile or two with no problems but when trying to turn into my small street it went straight for some bushes. I let it go, FSD disengaged itself and stopped abruptly so I had to takeover. The turn is normally taken at 10mph or less but FSD tried it at 25 which is way too fast and is why it couldn't make the tight turn. My street does not display any speed limit and the street I was coming down has a speed limit of 30 which is too fast. Nobody ever drives that fast on it.
I have a very similar experience as you. I think we all just need to keep driving and keep trying to use FSD; when it's wrong, hit the camera button. I think that's the best way we will help Tesla improve FSD and that's why we are in beta. It's like the cars are trying to drive on unknown territory they've never seen before. I do agree with you and many others tho, FSD thus far is a total disappointment and does not live up to what Musk trouts and the youtube influencers post. My experience as been 100% opposite of thiers. But again, I think for them with each update, their FSD got better in their area as more of it was passed into the NN. I think I am the only person in my city with Beta so it will take a lot of work to cover ground lol

Update,
From all of the videos I've watched FSD seems to perform much better at lower speeds on residential streets. It may take a while for it to "know" the correct speed for these scenarios and in the meantime testers will have to control the speed manually.

Reactions: EVNow
I'm not sure what the AP team actually does with the uploaded clips and snapshots, but it probably helps that we are really early testers and so any feedback they get is biased toward our own local roads and situations. Once it opens up to the masses, the feedback will be lost in all the noise of thousands of other users. So it's probably the best time to send feedback before the terrible 99s and 98s get in.