Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever gotten a reply from the fsdbeta alias? I tried to send them some useful and actionable feedback but no idea if it's worth the effort.
I got a roboreply today thanking me and stating that my feedback is being immediately forwarded to the engineers. That seems adequate, though impersonal. Sorry to hear you haven’t received any reply.

I think Mars is a shill. I base that harsh assessment on a twitter exchange I had with him last night, re Tesla's exclusion of refreshed Model S yoke cars from the initial release of the beta FSD program. On numerous occasions, he replied that it was released, and pointed everyone following him to the one EAP/NDA tester that posted a picture (heavily published here on TMC yesterday). Of course, I reminded Mars that you can't count the EAP/NDA tester (with a 95 safety score) running a non public release of the software (.26) as proof that refreshed MS yoke cars where indeed included in the public release... His retort was, "is that not a refresh S with a yoke".... He never responded after I called him out again on his intentional redirect PR efforts, by repeatedly citing the EAP/NDA tester as proof that refreshed S's were included in the "public release."

Again, I had no opinion of Mars prior to this interaction, but definitely have one now. YOMV; where "O" = Opinion
@omarsultan @Ryan27 @MarcG @Venom @EVNow @Phlier
Yikes. Thats disappointing to hear. Some people just drink the Tesla koolaid and don’t think for themselves anymore.

I got a roboreply today thanking me and stating that my feedback is being immediately forwarded to the engineers. That seems adequate, though impersonal. Sorry to hear you haven’t received any reply.

I stopped receiving autoreplies after 2 emails (thankfully).

I'm also tracking network traffic and I'm seeing my car uploading GBs of data.

I was hoping to receive a response to a question, but it feels like this email is set up to be one-way. We'll see. I've gotten responses from Tesla before from their engineering team requesting more info (back in 2019, related to AP, not FSD)

Reactions: Phlier and jebinc
@Venom I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these shills receive compensation, much like marketing execs do at major companies…. Watcher’s beware of the Infomercials!
Jebinc, I know you Plaid owners are pretty unhappy and I don’t blame you, but I would think you will be included in a matter of days or weeks. While I am glad my 3 is included, I am very pessimistic about my 12/2016 S ever being included. I have upgraded to the HW3 FSD computer (and also upgraded to MCU2), but wonder whether the new all-cameras approach will mean my car with its old “semi-black and white” cameras will ever be sufficient. It kind of stinks that those of us who have waited the longest continue to wait. And like you Plaids, we wait without any explanation.

Jebinc, I know you Plaid owners are pretty unhappy and I don’t blame you, but I would think you will be included in a matter of days or weeks. While I am glad my 3 is included, I am very pessimistic about my 12/2016 S ever being included. I have upgraded to the HW3 FSD computer (and also upgraded to MCU2), but wonder whether the new all-cameras approach will mean my car with its old “semi-black and white” cameras will ever be sufficient. It kind of stinks that those of us who have waited the longest continue to wait. And like you Plaids, we wait without any explanation.
@azred Yes, there seems to be at least two or three silently excluded classes, including our two. It’s unclear if either class will receive it in the near future. For the yokers, this might be a case were department “A” (Steering and control systems) never coordinated with department “B” (FSD). If the yoke is deemed dangerous/unwieldy with FSD, I’m not sure what the fix would be? I don’t see Tesla retrofitting our cars with wheels, as that would be “too much egg for Elon’s face to carry”...

Last edited:
The vision-only AP on highway is worse than with radar. I’m getting more unnecessary braking when next to certain trucks. This isn’t considered phantom braking because it’s a real object but the car misjudges the risk of the adjacent truck.

on the other hand, vision-only AP on highway is a little more smooth with speed adjustments imo.

With fsd beta, I also sometimes get slowing down for no apparent reason (On city streets).

Last edited:
So I’m 85 pages late. Do Plaids not get the super duper button pushing tryout FSD beta? How about 2021 MS LRs? Asking for a friend….
@Ramphex Your friend must be way out of touch with the facts! 😂. The short answer is no public release was granted to any refreshed MS LR or Plaid yoke equipped cars; ZERO. These cars were silently excluded by Tesla, for some unknown reason. The damage control PR machine has been very busy on Social Media trying to redirect to say that isn’t so. They do this by repeatedly pointing to a Tesla EAP/NDA selected tester who posted a picture, not video, of a yoke and an FSD screen. Extremely weak! There, now you are all caught up.

@Ramphex Your friend must be way out of touch with the facts! 😂. The short answer is no public release was granted to any refreshed MS LR or Plaid yoke equipped cars; ZERO. These cars were silently excluded by Tesla, for some unknown reason. The damage control PR machine has been very busy on Social Media trying to redirect to say that isn’t so. They do this by repeatedly pointing to a Tesla EAP/NDA selected tester who posted a picture, not video, of a yoke and an FSD screen. Extremely weak! There, now you are all caught up.
Jesus Christ so I’ve been putting all these miles on to try to get from 99 to 100 for no reason?!? I mean, thanks I’ll let my friend know.

Jesus Christ so I’ve been putting all these miles on to try to get from 99 to 100 for no reason?!? I mean, thanks I’ll let my friend know.
That's one take. Here's another (added emphasis for relevance):
Not sure I understand the context, but there was this comment:

I think maybe that implies that all 10 of the S with yoke that are running FSD beta are running .26, but we're still assuming .26 "isn't the public beta" in spite of the occasional odd number that only applies to a very specific configuration in regular builds.

In either case, with the post about no more rollout until 10.3, I think you might need to granny it for another 1.5 weeks to really find out.
Also, to elaborate, "the post" was referring to an Elon tweet.

The vision-only AP on highway is worse than with radar. I’m getting more unnecessary braking when next to certain trucks. This isn’t considered phantom braking because it’s a real object but the car misjudges the risk of the adjacent truck.

on the other hand, vision-only AP on highway is a little more smooth with speed adjustments imo.

With fsd beta, I also sometimes get slowing down for no apparent reason (On city streets).
I thought the radar was still operational for freeways/highways and that the new all-cameras approach had only been implemented for streets?

Reactions: jebinc