Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Service diagnosed that my B pillar and backup cameras did not successfully synch yesterday when I recalibrated even though calibration indicated it completed. So tomorrow during the day I'll go out for a calibration drive and start FSD all over. Service was great by the way.

Highlights of today's drive problem
  1. FSD would not exit off the highway. Tried 8 different exits that I have taken dozens of times before. As I approached each exit the navigation display counted down the tenths of a mile to the exit. Navigation voice also told me I would be exiting but every time the car drove right past the exit and then tried rerouting me. Of course that didn't work either so I had to take over and exit myself.
  2. Too many other problems to mention.
Update:
Took car out for a 2nd camera calibration no change. Drives right past highway exits. Spoke with tech support again and they confirmed that even though I received a message that calibration was complete it wasn't. Scheduled mobile service but have to wait until 10/28 which means I cannot use FSD beta for 2 weeks. That s......ks. As I thought back to my FSD drives most of the really nasty disengagements happened with turns to the right. Probably a pure coincidence it happened right after getting FSD but it also seems very odd there are problems with 2 cameras. B Pillar and backup cameras. I am also getting error message "Hold N for Neutral" from time to time and Tech Support said this is an obsolete error message and the mobile tech will take care of it with a firmware upgrade.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
It's been said before, but worth repeating, I can't believe Tesla has not given us any published guidance on how we can be effective beta testers. People have mentioned that any time you disengage it is logged and so you don't need to send a clip...but is that really true. How many clips should we be sending, its been mentioned that only 5 are saved each drive...but is that really true. On my morning drive I see the same issues every day, should I continue to send in a video clip each day for those issues, or just do it once. This beta test really seems to just be a test for if Tesla drivers can handle the current software without getting into wrecks and not really so much of having the drivers help refine the program.

next time just engage the autopilot instead of running the yellow lights.....autopilot will hard-brake for you and you won't get dinged for hard-braking
That’s one thing it will do, borderline lock up the brakes for yellow lights 😅😅 I think there should be a separate score just for AP’s driving 😂

That’s one thing it will do, borderline lock up the brakes for yellow lights 😅😅 I think there should be a separate score just for AP’s driving 😂
That was something that I thought was different with beta 10.2. A light just turned yellow as I approached and it went right thru it just like a human would have. With the "old" FSD it would have jammed on the breaks. Much better traffic light experience with beta.

Reactions: HighZ and jebinc
That was something that I thought was different with beta 10.2. A light just turned yellow as I approached and it went right thru it just like a human would have. With the "old" FSD it would have jammed on the breaks. Much better traffic light experience with beta.
Can’t relate, my peasant 99 score isn’t up to par 😅

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and Thp3
It's been said before, but worth repeating, I can't believe Tesla has not given us any published guidance on how we can be effective beta testers. People have mentioned that any time you disengage it is logged and so you don't need to send a clip...but is that really true. How many clips should we be sending, its been mentioned that only 5 are saved each drive...but is that really true. On my morning drive I see the same issues every day, should I continue to send in a video clip each day for those issues, or just do it once. This beta test really seems to just be a test for if Tesla drivers can handle the current software without getting into wrecks and not really so much of having the drivers help refine the program.

I would like some more guidance too, but I suspect just driving and using the system is sufficient for Tesla's purposes. AI Day mentioned that they are selective about the data they are interested in, and that predefined triggers will cause the cars to upload the relevant information.

Personally, I only hit the AP Snapshot button if I feel like I need to email them for clarification on why I pressed the button. Everything else I just let the disengagement/intervention speak for itself because it should be obvious why I disengaged/intervened.

This beta test really seems to just be a test for if Tesla drivers can handle the current software without getting into wrecks and not really so much of having the drivers help refine the program.

ding ding ding

do you really think they have the resources to look through a gazillion video clips and data logs from all the new users? They're just collecting high level statistics from the fleet. Besides, you think the devs don't know the problems and limitations by now? They know the creep function is inconsistent, it doesn't always perceive certain obstacles, etc. The whole "Beta tester" thing is to cover themselves legally and to make early adopter types think they have access to something exclusive and special.

I'm sure the vast majority of actual testing is done by internal employees who are working on new features before they get any kind of release to non-Tesla people.

Reactions: Ramphex
Drove across town for a massage today and a few of the FSD turns were much better and more acceptable. Such as the one below, to be fair it did have it's own arrow/right-of-way green light but either way it was darn near perfect in busy traffic. I also noticed it does much better with green lights verses pre-new beta, it stayed with and drove with traffic pretty much like I would have with little/no phantom braking or weird hesitation.

vyTE732.png
put some air in that tire...my OCD would be off the chain about now... 😆

DC39E857-232B-4D37-A81D-F8632DEE4351_1_201_a.jpeg

ding ding ding

do you really think they have the resources to look through a gazillion video clips and data logs from all the new users? They're just collecting high level statistics from the fleet. Besides, you think the devs don't know the problems and limitations by now? They know the creep function is inconsistent, it doesn't always perceive certain obstacles, etc. The whole "Beta tester" thing is to cover themselves legally and to make early adopter types think they have access to something exclusive and special.

I'm sure the vast majority of actual testing is done by internal employees who are working on new features before they get any kind of release to non-Tesla people.
I don’t know, several posters have reported seeing their cars upload several gigs of data after every trip in the car. That seems like video data to me. I don’t know how to see what my car is uploading so I can’t verify.

But, testing to see how how humans integrate into the software is just as important as developing the software itself.

I'm shocked but, then again, I'm really not....

I would like some more guidance too, but I suspect just driving and using the system is sufficient for Tesla's purposes. AI Day mentioned that they are selective about the data they are interested in, and that predefined triggers will cause the cars to upload the relevant information.

Personally, I only hit the AP Snapshot button if I feel like I need to email them for clarification on why I pressed the button. Everything else I just let the disengagement/intervention speak for itself because it should be obvious why I disengaged/intervened.
I have done a couple snapshots but usually just make a mental note of the time and send an email. So many of the issues are past before I could hit the snapshot button and/or I need to be 100% focused on taking corrective action.

I have done a couple snapshots but usually just make a mental note of the time and send an email. So many of the issues are past before I could hit the snapshot button and/or I need to be 100% focused on taking corrective action.
The snap shot button is pretty hard to hit...it seems like most times when I need to hit it, I hit the driver profile instead...it would be nice if the button was bigger!

Also, when you just had a pants crapping terror event aiming for a small button is difficult.

You don't need to immediately hit the snapshot button after you encounter a problem. I'm pretty sure it will package at least a minute's worth of past data. Kinda like dashcam.

Agreed that the button should be bigger. I remember thinking that just watching the EAP FSD beta videos.

@Ryan27 Yep, just the shills seem to have received some "non public version" (e.g., .26) after hours, and sometime after the public release... I guess someone felt Tesla needed to redirect the thought Tesla intentionally, and silently, excluded all yoke equipped cars from getting the initial release - so someone may be trying to create a false perception that the yoke cars really did get it like everyone else (but we here on TMC know better).
And they say Tesla has no Marketing Department... ;)

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
@Ryan27 Yep, just the shills seem to have received some "non public version" (e.g., .26) after hours, and sometime after the public release... I guess someone felt Tesla needed to redirect the thought Tesla intentionally, and silently, excluded all yoke equipped cars from getting the initial release - so someone may be trying to create a false perception that the yoke cars really did get it like everyone else (but we here on TMC know better).

Maybe Tesla is testing this version for release to plaid owners in about two weeks?