Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C8AF6858-1A45-49F0-8A96-C81AE666DA36.png
6C0DD7A8-E7EF-4589-98B4-3AEF3D73AE3A.png

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and EVNow

Crazy yoke movements were towards the end

@Phlier @Dan D. @n.one.one
@Venom Thanks for sharing! Yeah, my yoke freaked out when heading down a private road and approached our gate. Even though that's geofenced to open (using homeline), the yoke and car went, "Hard left... no, hard right.... no, hard WTF?"

You might still. I have an ASUS RT-AC86U and it took awhile to find a graph. Don't know if it is there with stock firmware as I run Merlin which is an enhanced over the stock firmware.
Just called Linksys technical support... Yeah, their most premium product (VELOP line) doesn't support traffic monitoring. GMAFB! Anyone running a third party program, like Solarwinds?

• Funny
Reactions: xEvoLveDx
@Venom Thanks for sharing! Yeah, my yoke freaked out when heading down a private road and approached our gate. Even though that's geofenced to open (using homeline), the yoke and car went, "Hard left... no, hard right.... no, hard WTF?"
LOL, yeah some of the yoke movements are pretty violent and it can be difficult to intervene since we can't keep our hands on the yoke all the time like a traditional steering wheel (technically we could be it'd be very unpleasant!). We can't use the autopilot button to stop autopilot either, since that's on the yoke!

At least we still have the brake peddle, unless Elon removes that next... 🤣

I just NOW lost safety score in my app. It was working earlier, even after phone restart on android.
It could be related to an Android Tesla app update. I literally just looked at my safety score, checked the play store for updates and saw there was one for Tesla that brings widgets, did the upgrade, and now the score is gone. My version is 4.2.0-693

Last edited:

Crazy yoke movements were towards the end

@Phlier @Dan D. @n.one.one

I hate to be the party pooper, but I'd recommend keeping one hand consistently on the wheel (yoke) and the other hand ready as well. And not use your phone to film unless it is in a fixed mount (these are much cheaper than a Plaid). You have a passenger with a baby Yoda; they could probably film just fine.

It really actually can do the worst thing at the worst time, and sideswiping someone with your Plaid because someone else swung wide on a left turn and the car did not react and you couldn't react fast enough is probably not high on your list of desires.

Even with the yoke it is possible to keep one hand on it at all times.

Last edited:
It could be related to an Android Tesla app update. I literally just looked at my safety score, checked the play store for updates and saw there was one for Tesla that brings widgets, did the upgrade, and now the score is gone. My version is 4.2.0-693
interesting. I just went to playstore and I see 4.1.1.667 which is the newest version I'm seeing on apkmirror as well

I admit, I wasn't expecting another roll up before next Friday at the earliest! Glad to be wrong on that. Perhaps everyone's social media input to the influencers/shills made a difference (squeaky wheel gets the grease, kind of effect)?
I think as a few on Clubhouse said, they needed to test another branch that was specific to the yoke and S firmware. They claimed 1 week, maybe 2 - and it came out just under a week. Putting pressure though never hurts. I think if they were not going to release something, they probably would have posted.

I hate to be the party pooper, but I'd recommend keeping one hand consistently on the wheel (yoke) and the other hand ready as well. And not use your phone to film unless it is in a fixed mount (these are much cheaper than a Plaid). You have a passenger with a baby Yoda; they could probably film just fine.

It really actually can do the worst thing at the worst time, and sideswiping someone with your Plaid because someone else swung wide on a left turn and the car did not react and you couldn't react fast enough is probably not high on your list of desires.

Yep, just wanted to get a quick video. Not going to be recording anymore anyway, but I have the reflexes of an Elk, so could grab if it went wild 😉

Yep. Just today on a road it had previously done fine (and which auto steer handled fine previously) it decided to pull hard to the right. If I was glancing at my phone or doing literally anything other that gripping the wheel I would have been over the curb at 25mph…

Reactions: Nakk and Phlier