Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fsd profiles.jpg

Well Bummer. I got one 10 minute drive in with 10.3 and then AP failed totally. No TACC Speed set number, no steering wheel showing AP available. If I turn off beta I get those back, But if I actually engage AP after about 20 seconds I get the screaming "Take Over Immediately" warning. So not only is Beta dead, my regular AP is dead. 😔 Before that: Beta did better on right turns; it still started to cut to tight, but recognized it part way through and corrected without stopping. It recognized some left turn lanes 10.2 would mistakenly turn partially into before correcting, now it drove right past them perfectly. Still very hesitant to enter a roundabout, but did a better job once in the one roundabout I tried. It still tried to drive through a closed gate across the road. I selected "assertive" and it was definitely more assertive than it was. And that's all I got. Oh, auto high beams did a better job dimming for cars I was following, and auto wipers was definitely worse.

Took my first drive ever with beta. I'll be curious to read how previous testers compare it to 10.2, but .3 echoes a lot of what I read about .2:
  • Left turns get close to the median/curb
  • The force required to disengage is low, so i was able to take over easily.
  • Left and right turns, it jerks the car if the predicted path changes mid turn. Sometimes this is due to obscure turns where it's going in semi blind (hedge blocking full view), I think this is what people were describing as student driver. Quite jarring.
  • Turn signal stays on if you take over mid turn.
  • I'm so glad I don't have to worry about the safety score.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and Thp3
Did a short drive and creeping behavior is definitely improved over 10.2 when checking for cross-traffic, doesn't feel as jerky as before. I set it to the new "chill" FSD profile of course, but it still rolls through stop signs just as it does on the default settings, so not sure if that's broken or what.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
  • The force required to disengage is low, so i was able to take over easily.
Don't get lulled into complacency, you may need a lot of force under some situations. When you're going around a corner and it spins the wheel fast suddenly the wrong way to try and run into the curb, you not only have to take over, but turn the wheel back quickly. I've had this happen twice and the force required to get back on course and not hit the curb is quite high. Both times this happened was in or exiting a roundabout.

Don't get lulled into complacency, you may need a lot of force under some situations. When you're going around a corner and it spins the wheel fast suddenly the wrong way to try and run into the curb, you not only have to take over, but turn the wheel back quickly. I've had this happen twice and the force required to get back on course and not hit the curb is quite high. Both times this happened was in or exiting a roundabout.
Good to know! The turning angle is a lot different than what I"m used to, so I was disengaging early. But, I can see how I could get used to that and get into the situation you described.

Reactions: impastu
Tried out the visual auto parking. Man, the car did an awful job, lol. My car almost parked like one of those BMW douchebags who try to take up spots. The right side of my car is almost in the adjacent spot, lol.

Edit: second try much better. Still way too slow to use in a busy parking lot since chances are good someone would snipe the spot, but I guess it’s nice that it works. To be really useful at some point it’s going to need to display the spots on screen BEFORE you pass them and let you select which spot you want the car to park in.

Thank you for the heads up! I use roundabouts regularly.

Reactions: impastu and Nakk