Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue for me... after the first leg of my morning trip, I lost all cruise control, autopilot, fsd beta. Tried power cycling and toggling the fsd beta button. Nothing works. I'm hearing that if you lock your car and leave it alone for a while (maybe 1 hr), it may come back.

Anyway, my first leg of the trip it did OK. It still hogs the road in my subdivision and when making a left out of my subdivision, it hogged the road more than 10.2 did. It used more than 2/3rds of the entrance to the subdivision. LOL

First drive
No issues with firmware
ALways scary the first time it takes turns
Overall not bad with right and left turns
Had an issue at a large intersection and it needed to take a right turn but it froze in the middle
But overall not bad with zero cars and in the dark

Reactions: xEvoLveDx
First drive, just through my neighborhood.
I realized that I never actually drive 25mph on the neighborhood streets, and by default FSD went the speed limit and it felt like I was driving like a maniac - I dialed it back down to a more reasonable 15mph.

There were a couple times were collision alert warning went off when FSD was not active, but whatever flashed on the display was too brief to read. No cars around when this happened, but I had just passed by a couple of people walking their dog.

At one point I canceled my route while FSD was active and it set off all sorts of alarms, take over now, "cruise control unavailable" but I was able to reactivate it a minute later.

Unprotected left turn into my neighborhood (from turn lane, across two opposing lanes) - the car handled this surprisingly well, but I ended up in the wrong lane inside my neighborhood. The car adjusted to the correct lane after 50 feet.

Almost hit a squirrel (manual intervention to avoid)

The technology is no doubt impressive, but it's still a nerve-racking anxiety inducing experience, it's gonna be a while before it's a "driver convenience" aid. Gotta keep adding to the AI knowledge base though!

Last edited:
Also FYI, this update happened over Lte, my car is parked at a shop getting PPF. They will have it until Tuesday or Wednesday. I thought these updates only downloaded over Wifi?
Previous (non-FSD abets) updates mostly required WiFi (we use phone hotspot when needed), but ever since FSD beta (10.2 & now 10.3 for us), it’s automatically pushed/downloaded over LTE/cellular. I’m guessing the sample size is small enough that it’s okay to send over cellular?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
After 1 trip, I'm unable to activate AP/FSD/TACC. During this time, the planner line in the visualization acts wonky, like it only updates every few seconds. So your car actually drives past the planner line and it's gone. Then a new one appears, and the same thing happens.

Feels like they're going to need to push another OTA to fix this.
Have you tried “hard reset”? Meaning actually power off? Requires parking for 20 mins or so, not waking with Tesla app or other 3rd party app, sentry mode off, etc. so that it actually goes to deep sleep.

411CE3EC-18F9-4080-A56B-E806F84707BC.jpeg
Since I haven’t seen anyone post and not on Teslafi — great detail in release notes!

Great after the update now my steering wheel doesn’t telescope anymore. Makes a clicking sound but won’t move except up and down. I have easy entry enabled and can’t manually adjust it anymore. Only up and down and it’s pushed all the way forward?!?

Thoughts?!?!

Have you tried “hard reset”? Meaning actually power off? Requires parking for 20 mins or so, not waking with Tesla app or other 3rd party app, sentry mode off, etc. so that it actually goes to deep sleep.

eh, not worth the effort for now. Happy to wait for a fix. it's been a while since I've just driven the car without thinking about score or FSD monitoring :)

Reactions: Phlier
I previously had 10.2 and took 10.3 out for a spin today. My first thought is that this is an incremental improvement. I didn't notice major improvements but turns seemed marginally smoother. 1. It still greatly struggles with unprotected lefts. I have a particularly difficult one and it failed three different times. 2. It still tracks uncomfortably close to the center line on two-lane roads. I really wish it would stay in the center of the lane. 3. The phantom breaking is still there, but not as hard. Instead of slamming on the brakes, it seems to tap them. It's still annoying.

This was only one drive. It's exciting to see the small improvements as the system develops.

10.3 is still nerve wrecking. I will keep it Off and try again in the next update. I don't see how people can repeatedly test this. They are brave.

Also, I am very picky about driving. My wife only drove me once about 15 years ago. After that she never drove me again.
You are the type that should be testing FSD. The picky drivers tend to be the safe drivers. It is nerve wracking, and there times I turn it off and just drive, but I like to think I'm contributing a little to the future of driving.

10.3 is still nerve wrecking. I will keep it Off and try again in the next update. I don't see how people can repeatedly test this. They are brave.

Also, I am very picky about driving. My wife only drove me once about 15 years ago. After that she never drove me again.
Well then you'll probably need to wait until at least 11.x
One thing I have learned is you need to get used to how FSD drives because its very different. There are turns that I initially disengaged that I don't now simply because I understand FSD better. Nerve wracking still....yup!

Had this happen to me yesterday on 10.2. went to drive later in the day and all went back to normal. Haven't driven with 10.3 yet. Fingers crossed
Drove to gym early (Advanced) and had a decent Beta drive other than trying to run through a curb island on 14th crossing Peachtree. Planed on doing a drive through Virginia Highlands neighborhoods and Midtown streets after workout. Got back in car and the NO Gray Steering Wheel bug.

1. Tried Park Autopilot menu and cutting each item off/on
  2. Power Off

Still nothing. Guess I will let it sit and miss the ONLY time of the week (Sunday morning) when the traffic is low. :mad: May head out to the burbs this afternoon IF Beta comes back on.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I just got 10.3 this morning. It seems the car thinks cars in front of me are closer than they are. This is a very dangerous problem. The automatic emergency braking went off when I was following someone normally. If someone was behind me it would have definitely caused an accident. I disabled it. Also cruise disables frequently and forward collision warnings go off constantly so much that I had to disable them. Please be careful especially with the automatic emergency braking issue. It felt like I actually hit something it broke so strongly. I would advise turning it off if you are on this beta.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier and jebinc