Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found instead of holding the steering wheel try letting the wheel slide thru your hands. That will result in fewer disengagements but lets you grab the wheel instantly.

Does it feel like the car is going to hit the curb? It also jerks left and right many time.

That is a very bold driving strategy for public roads.

I think you are just saying to like to set a proper initial steering angle and then let it slowly unwind at an appropriate pace of your choosing (with variable resistance applied by your hands) through a given turn, without jerky corrections?
Yeah something like that. Hard to explain, but I use steering wheel and pedal to steer. I make minor adjustments. FSD makes my steering wheel go crazy and keeps the speed constant (goes in the turn too hot) and tries to adjust by making large wheel movements.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
The neural nets have just incorporated the learning from 10.2 where people just let the car drive where it wanted to “see what it did” to “help it learn.” Reinforcement learning!

I wonder if driving in "non-lanes" is a result of this:

Improved turning profile for unprotected turns by allowing ego to cross over lane lines more naturally, when safe to do so.

- has anyone tried this with unprotected rights where the ego car needs to squeeze by cars?

Edit: whoops read that one wrong, seems like it has nothing to do with squeezing

Another confirmation of this problem from @DirtyT3sla.

1635094306164.png

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and Ramphex
I can't verify that this works but it's clear that lots of folks here are having the problem. Hopefully this is a solution (until a new version is released).

View attachment 725034
I tried unplugging usb drive, sentry is off, summon standby is off, did 2 reboots and no dice. Got back home and hit the power off button, I have about 20 min until I have to leave again I'll see if its back by then and if having those things off and unplugged lets me use the beta more than once in a row.

Reactions: impastu
Do we need to leave Sentry Mode and Summon Standby off completely or is it a one time bug and we can safely turn them back on?
I haven't completed my daily round of Tesla reading yet, but from what I've gathered so far, it's a one time bug that appears after the first time FSD is used after installing 10.3.

See @Nakk 's posts below.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
OK, I just confirmed that the AP not available bug affects your car whether or not you have Beta enabled. Just having Beta 10.3 installed activates the bug. I kept Beta disabled and started a drive this morning. Normal AP worked fine. I put the car in park and then started another drive. Still had Beta disabled. AP disengaged within 10 seconds. So, not enabling Beta is pointless as far as keeping the bug from happening. After the car wakes up from a sleep, you get one drive before AP is disabled. Once you put the car in park, the car has to go to sleep to get AP back. Resets and Power Offs do nothing, the car has to sleep. As pointed out above, disable everything that keep the car awake: Sentry, Summon Standby, and Cabin Overheat Protection. I don't know yet how long the car takes to go to sleep.

Do we need to leave Sentry Mode and Summon Standby off completely or is it a one time bug and we can safely turn them back on?

Looks like we need a 10.3.1 tomorrow or Tuesday to correct this bug and the FCW bug.

I haven't completed my daily round of Tesla reading yet, but from what I've gathered so far, it's a one time bug that appears after the first time FSD is used after installing 10.3.
It's not a one time bug, at least for me. See my above post. I get one drive after the car sleeps and then all AP functions fail, Beta enabled or not.

This 10.3 is a mess. When trying to take a clear right turn exiting my subdivision the car crept to the stop sign and started to move. Instead of turning right it sort of just shot directly out into the road straight toward the center line without actually turning. If I would have let it go it seems it would have driven right into the oncoming traffic lane with vehicles coming. I'm not sure why it didn't turn the wheel to the right. By the time I stopped manually, the front of the vehicle was just about to cross center line with the wheel not even trying to turn right.

Also, after this trip, I again experienced complete loss of FSD, AP, and TACC. The collision alert system kept beeping when I was nowhere near the car in front of me.

I've seen multiple people report it is emergency braking on them out of nowhere. I hope we don't see any accidents with this version.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and Phlier
Got 10.3 earlier today.. very jittery drive with fsd.. lots of indecision at turns.. does not recognize speedbreakers.. very rough.
Very stressful and uncomfortable drive.. I felt like an accident could happen anytime. I turned it off midway and drove back home.

Visualizations are great.. look really nice

Folks who don't have it.. your not missing much.
That's EXACTLY how I felt after my first time with 10.2, but once you get used to FSD's strengths and weaknesses, the experience gets better. Not perfect (by any means), but I do use it and I'm certainly glad that I have it.

Reactions: impastu
Used 10.3 this AM, all seemed well, mild improvements. Next drive it’s unavailable and repeated FCWs. Next drive I disabled beta AP is back and available and I’m doing what I thought was normal AP on the freeway- full AEB panic stop commenced in sever clear, luckily I was paying attention in honestly a place before beta I would have paid less attention as it’s driven there 400+ times with no issue. Saved my ass being able to catch it. I got off of the highway and disabled both FCWs and AEB. Don’t trust It! Even if you have disabled beta. So much for those white seats. 2020 MY radar.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and Jeff N