Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got pushed to me too. I'm guessing there's some serious enough bug in .2 so they want people revert back to .1.
I'd like to hear a report from someone who has installed the downgrade to 2021.36.5.1 before I install it. I had the same experience as some others when I drove with 2021.36.5.2 after I installed it this morning. First drive was okay. The second drive, it did a pretty random FCW and then wouldn't go into autopilot anymore.

So the last few days, I've posted a couple times about getting nuisance FCW's at a certain intersection I go through daily. If I'm in the straight lane and a car is stopped in the right turn lane, I get an FCW every time on 10.2

It appears that this bug is even worse in 10.3:

I noticed I could set the speed on fsd beta higher than what I could on AP beta on city streets. I was held to 5mph over limit before. I got to 15 over limit now, and maybe could have gone higher (too nervous to try). Is that an oversight by Tesla or is that by design?
By design, for any issues with speed limit map data, or misreading signs on adjacent roads.

Reactions: Spuzzz
By design, for any issues with speed limit map data, or misreading signs on adjacent roads.
And I'm very glad they made this change.

There's a highway near me that I drive frequently. My car has trouble reading the 65MPH speed limit signs on this road for some reason (yes, I've re-calibrated the cameras several times to fix it), and the car wants to go 35 on this road when it can't read the signs.

That's just the first instance that pops to mind.... there are a lot of places around here where it just can't get the speed limit figured out, and the previous limitation was extremely aggravating.

Reactions: jebinc
I don't know what the minimum time required is, or if plugging it in changes the minimum time?
It’s variable. The only metric you really have is listening for the contactors opening (or closing). That’s how you know the car is asleep (or was asleep). Turning off these various features and possibly third party apps that are misconfigured will ensure this happens faster (or, at all, in the case of Sentry and Summon Standby which completely prevent sleeping when active). How long it takes depends on how much book-keeping and maintenance the car needs to do before sleeping.

Yeah, waiting to see if 36.5.1 kicks you out of the beta. Drove about 60 mile today on 36.5.2, pretty terrible between FCW, phantom braking(car would tap the brakes whenever it saw on coming traffic on a two lane road), lefts from a road with no lane markings to a road with lane markings were pretty rough. Other things it handled great.

I'm currently installing the rolled back version (.1) The way I see it, they wouldn't pull it from everyone including the original testers if they didn't have a legitimate reason to.

I did take 10.3 on a drive to go pick up some lunch earlier. I only had a chance to try out the "normal" setting for the new slider that was added.
A few bullet points from that drive:
  • fixed my main issue with 10.2 which was constant phantom braking from passing by cars on 2 lane country roads.
  • I got a ton of phantom brakes with no one around at seemingly random locations. This is worse than the last version.
  • Multiple false FCWs in just a few miles.
  • Acceleration seemed to be toned down to an acceptable level.
  • Overall steering performance seemed a bit more jerky. It worked fine in most situations, but handled a few turns on backroads seemingly worse than 10.2 did.

Dug through twitter and we're being rolled back to 10.2 according to Elon, but also 36.5.1 is non FSD software. Even people who were on the closed beta have been rolled back to production software.

Anything is possible here, it could be that rolling back to a prior FSD version requires reverting to production software first, impossible to know.

Reactions: Robert831
Dug through twitter and we're being rolled back to 10.2 according to Elon, but also 36.5.1 is non FSD software. Even people who were on the closed beta have been rolled back to production software.

Anything is possible here, it could be that rolling back to a prior FSD version requires reverting to production software first, impossible to know.

Or maybe the Beta is over and everyone gets FSD w/City driving!!! Remember, it was just a few weeks ago the app said Coming Later this year City Street Driving! Now they changed that to Coming Soon...maybe that means now!!!!

Yay...goal achieved!!!

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and tdiggity