Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just turn off AEB if you’re still on 10.3. It will resolve the issue
Sure, except for how AEB is a useful feature when implemented correctly, so I do not plan to disable it (nor do I plan to drive the car with the current build). Definitely glad that others are reporting it here, so that we can make decisions accordingly though!

It’s better to not drive if there is no (working) AEB feature, if I do not have to (which I do not today, fortunately).

Normally I would say it calls into question the wisdom of frequent OTA updates…but this is a “alpha” type program so I guess you could argue that people should expect this. Not clear that that is a winning argument though.

In the end you have to have good QA I guess regardless of how frequently the updates are done. But normally they would do just a few carefully vetted vehicles, look for regressions, etc. then expand the rollout. Something went wrong here, probably due to Whole Mars Catalog, et al, pressure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matias and K5TRX
Ok, my car reverted to 35.2, which under the current circumstances, is probably the safest thing to do. Should I request FSD beta again? I haven't done so, because I don't want to have to deal with the Saftey Scored again. Still, I am wondering whether we will be pushed a fixed 10.3 or not, if we don't request it and still have at least a 99 safety score. Wouldn't it be nice if Tesla would tell us what to expect and what we need to do?

Reactions: K5TRX
Ok, my car reverted to 35.2, which under the current circumstances, is probably the safest thing to do. Should I request FSD beta again? I haven't done so, because I don't want to have to deal with the Saftey Scored again. Still, I am wondering whether we will be pushed a fixed 10.3 or not, if we don't request it and still have at least a 99 safety score. Wouldn't it be nice if Tesla would tell us what to expect and what we need to do?
I'm not going to touch any of that, because who knows if it'll reset something on the backend. Better to just leave it be and hopefully they'll just push a new build by VIN.

I'm still on 10.3. It's interesting Tesla seems to have chosen a work-around, although I wish they had given us a heads-up. AEB and FCW switches were both turned on in software (FCW to medium) earlier today. Now I'm still on 10.3 and both switches are set to off, and no one from my crew has touched them. Tesla must be turning off the misbehaving code as a quick fix. Maybe it's taking a while because they have to prepare a different set of changes for each hardware combination.

For reference, my car is a May 2019 AWD 3.

Has anyone gotten to 99-100 score over 100 miles this morning and gotten either FSD Beta 10.2 or 10.3? I just hit a score of 100 over 100 miles driven (after a reset yesterday) but no update yet. Sounds like with the issues from the 10.3 update leading to phantom FCW and braking I am not sure I want it until this issue is resolved.
Had 99 since friday morning no update either

Reactions: Bruin1996 and K5TRX
Sure, except for how AEB is a useful feature when implemented correctly, so I do not plan to disable it (nor do I plan to drive the car with the current build). Definitely glad that others are reporting it here, so that we can make decisions accordingly though!

It’s better to not drive if there is no (working) AEB feature, if I do not have to (which I do not today, fortunately).

Normally I would say it calls into question the wisdom of frequent OTA updates…but this is a “alpha” type program so I guess you could argue that people should expect this. Not clear that that is a winning argument though.

In the end you have to have good QA I guess regardless of how frequently the updates are done. But normally they would do just a few carefully vetted vehicles, look for regressions, etc. then expand the rollout. Something went wrong here, probably due to Whole Mars Catalog, et al, pressure.
I mean we used to drive around in cars for decades before AEB was a thing. You’re not going to die if you turn it off. But I agree, once it’s fixed, you can just turn it back on

Drove 10.3 for about 5 mins, everything was okay. It is quite terrifying for other drives on my unmarked road my house is on. It drives in the middle of a "could be" 3 lane road. Scaring the crap of on comers (have to disable during this time, just not safe).

Drove to dinner with it, was doing great until being in the left lane and having to get over 3 lanes to turn right, no traffic, just never got over in lanes....had to disable to get over (not sure if this is a thing)

Got out of dinner, and was never able to engage autopilot, the visuals were there, but can't engage anything. The option never appeared. Is that the beta bug?

But I agree, once it’s fixed, you can just turn it back on
And apparently it turns on for every drive (normally - no idea what current behavior is), it is thought to be so important.
I mean we used to drive around in cars for decades before AEB was a thing.
Of course. I mean, I have Track Mode on my car; it’s not going to spontaneously crash without nannies. But I don’t need to go out, and this means I definitely am not going to go out and “try out” 10.3 (which sounds like hot garbage anyway, as fully expected). I’d feel pretty dumb if I chose today to not pay attention and pile into someone, totaling my car, when it would have been a fender bender with AEB enabled. Not that I have ever been in an accident where I hit someone, or have ever had AEB engage, but there’s a first time for everything!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier

I'm still on 10.3. It's interesting Tesla seems to have chosen a work-around, although I wish they had given us a heads-up. AEB and FCW switches were both turned on in software (FCW to medium) earlier today. Now I'm still on 10.3 and both switches are set to off, and no one from my crew has touched them. Tesla must be turning off the misbehaving code as a quick fix. Maybe it's taking a while because they have to prepare a different set of changes for each hardware combination.

I've always turned off FCW and AEB...it is dangerous and useless 99% of the time. It only caused me problems, never saved me from anything.

• Disagree
Reactions: BossMan123
The silence from Tesla on this is really crappy. Like many others, I’m still on 10.3 since the downgrade disappeared. The fact that they can’t even make a simple statement or send an email for clarification is ridiculous. I’m nervous to even take the car for a drive now until I have some sort of confirmation from them that it’s safe. In the meantime, I’m stuck on 10.3 which sounds like it’s nearly caused numerous accidents within the last 12 hours.

I just checked my 10.3, and the AEB and FCW switches are both set to off. I have to admit I don't recall their status when I did my drive this afternoon. I never experienced any of the issues with AEB or FCE on this 30 mile drive that I had been reading about but I'm wondering if perhaps these switches had already been automatically turned off by the time I took the FSD maiden voyage. The 10.2 had begun its download (I noticed it was up to 30%), and I didn't look at the App for several hours. I was surprised to find that 10.2 was not there to install and that I was still on 10.3, as I have later read happened to a lot of folks.

It's the weekend. We shouldn't expect PR/legal to work on the weekend, just the FSD engineers
That’s a horrible excuse. Why would you expect FSD engineers to work on the weekends but everyone else gets a free pass when there’s a major issue? They are pushing software updates over the weekend that are nearly causing accidents. This isn’t a small company we’re talking about here. Someone needs to get their ass out of bed or Elon can do his usual twitter PR.

Reactions: Matias and RenaeTM
So, I lost all AP functionality after I used Sentry Mode this afternoon. I unplugged my drive, and rebooted the car, FSD works again. Couple things I noticed:

-under AP settings, FCW and AEB were disabled, PRIOR to me taking the short test drive I just took. I’ve always had these enabled. I wonder if Tesla remote toggled these off?

-it was raining, auto wipers did not come on once on my short drive, had to push the button on the stalk to clear the windshield each time. This is definitely a bug, they always work when on “auto”. “Auto” is the default wiper mode while using AP/FSD.

-FSD performed better during daylight. Had a couple of head scratching moments just now.

I still have a pending install of 2021.36.5.1, but I think I’ll just push it back on the scheduler thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier