Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd. I haven't found 10.3 that bad. Seemed like more phantom braking today but nothing major just a little slow down. The only disengage I did was kind of weird. A big SUV had just illegally passed me on the right in a right turn only lane (bad FSD going the 25 mph limit) and swerved in front of me shortly before parking right before an intersection where to go straight you have to move from straight ahead to a new right lane. The miscreant SUV had pulled park just before that right lane appears and FSD started to pull right behind the SUV.

Actually i guess two other interventions. Both were where I pressed the accelerator because someone was behind me at an intersection and MY was being pokey.

Reactions: impastu
Just found another odd thing. I had a hard brake this afternoon and went to teslafi to see if it was recorded. When the page came up the safety icon was there. When I clicked on it, it stated there was no safety score to report. Closed the browser and went in again. The safety icon is now gone.

I was driving today thinking how much I manually control the steering wheel to avoid potholes. California is pothole heaven especially in the rainy seasons. As a personal preference I would choose driving on city streets myself over swapping my wheels back to 19’s. I would hate to pop a tire or bend a rim.
In the long run, Tesla should allow crowdsourcing of specific intersections, detours, road hazards etc., such that those conditions can be automatically avoided by FSD.

I got .3 this morning. First experience with this beta code(99er). Picked up take-out breakfast. Let it do most of the drive except for some obviously difficult intersections. Slows for speed bumps but not enough so took control. Learning its capabilities cautiously.

Later dropped a gift off at a friends and did some NOA FSD on surface streets. Also some freeway NOA. Still being cautious.

Expanded rendering is amazing. A little light breaking at one point and seemed to slow a bit when passing cars on surface streets but infrequently. Handles narrow streets better.

Clicked the camera when a deer ran in front. Not rendered that I saw.

Acceleration on entrance ramps is frisky. Merging was near perfect. As mentioned, being cautious and learning it’s strengths and weaknesses. Found myself dialing down the speed at times.

No AEBs or FCW, roads clear, day driving and some dusk driving. Limited test, maybe 35 minutes overall. All cameras freshly cleaned, no media in play.

Driving 2018 3P with 3.0 FSD board.

I got .3 this morning. First experience with this beta code(99er). Picked up take-out breakfast. Let it do most of the drive except for some obviously difficult intersections. Slows for speed bumps but not enough so took control. Learning its capabilities cautiously.

Later dropped a gift off at a friends and did some NOA FSD on surface streets. Also some freeway NOA. Still being cautious.

Expanded rendering is amazing. A little light breaking at one point and seemed to slow a bit when passing cars on surface streets but infrequently. Handles narrow streets better.

Clicked the camera when a deer ran in front. Not rendered that I saw.

Acceleration on entrance ramps is frisky. Merging was near perfect. As mentioned, being cautious and learning it’s strengths and weaknesses. Found myself dialing down the speed at times.

No AEBs or FCW, roads clear, day driving and some dusk driving. Limited test, maybe 35 minutes overall. All cameras freshly cleaned, no media in play.

Driving 2018 3P with 3.0 FSD board.
You should disable FSD until the update comes. 10.3 has problems and Elon even tweeted it's being rolled back to 10.2, but apparently there are issues with that. For further information go back about 10 pages on this thread and read...

You should disable FSD until the update comes. 10.3 has problems and Elon even tweeted it's being rolled back to 10.2, but apparently there are issues with that. For further information go back about 10 pages on this thread and read...
FSD is not the issue. AEB+FCW when NOT on FSD is the issue. Tesla has already remotely disabled AEB and FCW. It’s safe to drive for the time being. Hopefully an update is released soon where we can re-enable FCW and AEBs, but for now it’s safer to keep them off.

Not for everyone. Also, I wonder whether they were able to just change some config remotely instead of rolling back. That's why the rollback disappeared for many.

Besides drifting to the left towards oncoming traffic... I looked closely a few times and looks like it doesn't even see the other cars before you take over.
Yeah it was just bad all around. With the angle and elevation I’m not sure if it could even see cars traveling on the road in the direction I wanted to go, I’m really glad that lane was clear for when I took over and got out of the way of the white car. Probably thought I was drunk. Made sure to report it

Reactions: Phlier and impastu
Odd. 1st drive today, worked but had all the issues everyone did.

2nd drive today, no AP at all.

3rd drive today, roughly 3 hours later, 10.3 FSD back functioning again.

Still wants to turn left into oncoming traffic every time, but no Forward Collision Warnings. Hit the brakes to stop it from making the left and turned it back on immediately and it instantly tried to do it again. Earlier today, it changed lanes and cut someone off. Definitely less than a car length of space.

For those using, pay very, very, very close attention.

But is strange, I shut off wifi earlier. Yes, still has LTE. No updates downloaded, that I'm aware of. Clearly, these cars make changes to themselves that they don't tell us about. Three different drives, three different car functions.

Point being, back to what it started off as. Other than the update request I got earlier this afternoon, which I had to decline as I was leaving, then disappeared, no further update requests were made. I'm reminded of Hal 2000 is that Space Odyssey movie! LOL

Whelp, when got in my MY for the drive home, I checked (because I hadn’t seen my SS reappear) and I’m back with 10.3 Beta (35.5.2). Wtf?!?

I disabled AEB before driving home (FCW was still disabled) and the car drove normally. (BTW: AEB was not disabled like others have experienced, and it re-enabled itself after I got home)

When I hit a stretch of open freeway, I tried engaging FSD, got all sorts of warnings and beeps. Then it disengaged. Maybe that was for the best, haha!!

No steering wheel icon at all once I’m on surface streets. Lots of trippy new animations, though.

I just hope they remember who used to have beta enabled so I don't need to chase 100 again :p
For those that didn't accept the update, 10.3 appears to have returned as it was before. Who knows when they'll re-release it to those that had it and updated their cars to the prior software.

I know that driving the car was such a pleasure today. For the first time, wasn't concerned about a damn safety score and just drove normally again! My mind was at peace. I assume they won't require those that had it to go through the scoring system again. But, it's Tesla, only God knows what they'll do next. I do know that I sure as heck wouldn't do it again (the scoring thing). Done with that. If they want to withdraw FSD from me because they don't like my driving, then so be it.

Holy Sh*t was 10.3 scary!! Wow.

Had two full AEB’s on the freeway doing 70mph. I mean full ABS engagement, seat belts locking, the works.

These were out of nowhere…was getting constant false FCW’s before each one.

I had to very carefully pull off the freeway and turn off FCW and AEB. Was getting false FCW’s the whole way.

They pushed a .1 release over LTE and it installed itself and removed the Beta. Thank goodness. Seriously dangerous.
Exact same experience. Scary.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Wild thought; maybe it would be good idea to test safety critical real time software before releasing it to the customers??
It's beta, we're doing exactly that. You agree to it when you sign up for it. That's why it hasn't been released to all Tesla's, just those that jumped through their hoops to get it because they really, really wanted to beta test for them. I have no complaints about accepting it. I point out the flaws for knowledge and informative reasons, but, having experienced AP since day 1, I also know and accept that it has significant limitations.

If you abuse the system and don't do as the instructions say, then you'll have problems. You always have the right to turn it off if you don't want it.