Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one who had a 98 score yesterday- have had a 98 score for a couple weeks and this afternoon while the car was garaged- the score dropped to 97?
I feel this was underhanded. All drives were accounted for yesterday.
Your overall score is a mile-weighted average of the last 30 days of data. What happened was that 31 days ago you had an above-average data point that expired from your set, now the data remaining has you below 97.5. You can look at scores for individual days in the app.

FWIW: I'm at 98 and waiting with bated breath...

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
Your overall score is a mile-weighted average of the last 30 days of data. What happened was that 31 days ago you had an above-average data point that expired from your set, now the data remaining has you below 97.5. You can look at scores for individual days in the app.

FWIW: I'm at 98 and waiting with bated breath...

If you're really into it you can use this calculator to figure out how may miles it would take to drive your score up again. Easiest way is to jump on an open freeway with AP on and log some miles.

• Helpful
I'm down loading a software update now, 2021.32.31. Don't know what it is but I am one of the 98 SS.
That seems to be the new "FSD button" release ?

1636155620808.png

1636155676242.png

• Helpful
Tesla can so easily get someone to post/tweet the status - for eg. they could have posted yesterday whether the release went to employees or not and today they could have posted whether the release was looking good enough for public consumption.

I expect another 1 AM Elon tweet at this point.

No, no… the “it’s delayed” tweet comes tomorrow morning, at or around dawn.

• Funny
I had a interesting FSD Beta behavior yesterday.

There was a jogger very close to the right line - but an oncoming vehicle on the other side of a 2-lane marked neighborhood road. FSD slowed down and waited for the oncoming car to pass before crossing the yellow median to go past the jogger.

Looks like they have spent a lot of time to figure out how to handle such situations - which (road sharing) a lot of people assumed would be the toughest case. But some simple cases like a simple right turn or navigating an empty roundabout seems or even going on the right side of an unmarked road consistently seems to not work properly.

ps : But wanted to overtake a long lines of car waiting behind a school bus, by going in the opposite lane ;)

Last edited:
Still cannot tell why it keeps stopping at this intersection:
View attachment 729482
Green light, with or without a lead car, FSD beta just pulls up to the line and stops. I paid close attention to the screen and there is no stop sign or anything unusual visualized. Maybe hard to see traffic lights? Though I vaguely recall seeing them visualized just fine. There's always too much traffic around to see whether beta will treat it as a stop sign or sit forever but if the conditions line up I'll give it a go.
That's definitely a case where you'd want to push the Report button. :)

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Seems if anyone could make any change someone with a grudge could screw up a city.
It has been a very long time since I've been on OSM. So long that it doesn't even vaguely look like it did the last time I was on it. But back then, you had to have like some sort of "user confidence" score in order for your changes to be made without some sort of supervision. IIRC, (and I might not), they'd put changes up for a "vote" for new and low-confidence score users.

As a user gained confidence score, a lower number of votes was needed until you got to a level where your changes were implemented right away.

I have NO idea if they still use that type of a system, but I can't imagine that they'd just let any fool with a computer mess up the maps.

Reactions: jebinc