Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you are in the beta, you will receive updates as they are released to the beta testing fleet. According to Elon, they are now going to "stagger" these releases going forward, rather than just pushing it to everyone at once. This means you might have to wait anywhere from a few hours to maybe even a couple of days (Elon hasn't specified how long it'll take to stagger the release to everyone).

Let's walk through a scenario...

Let's say that the current version out for testing to the beta testing fleet is version 20.1. People that are added to the beta testing fleet will get the current version: 20.1.

When version 20.2 is released, everyone will get the new version automatically pushed to them, in a "staggered" release over time. Any newly added beta testers will then receive this version.

Summary: Everyone is on the same version (yes, I know there are exceptions, but let's keep this simple), whether you are newly added or not. Every beta tester automatically receives updates as they are released, staggered out over an unknown period of time.
That scenario is just………staggering!

Drove around for about 30 minutes and hit the snapshot button about 20 times, so I guess we'll see how much actually gets sent back, but from previous uploads, they seem to be in roughly 400MB multiples.

Definitely noticed "allowing better recovery" behavior as I'll often turn off Autopilot to manually turn the "wrong" direction before immediately turning it back on. Previously it would very suddenly jerk to make an immediate turn if navigation switches as you're going through an intersection, and now it seems more likely to ignore a last-second "Now" turn and reroute again.

Even with +35% precision for vulnerable road user detection, a few mailboxes still got visualized as pedestrians. There wasn't anyone walking at this time, so couldn't really check recall / false negatives.

As for standard navigation driving behavior, it doesn't seem like much difference from 10.3.1 at least for nighttime relatively empty road driving with the usual "that was actually pretty impressive" mixed in with "uhh… didn't even slow down to check for cross traffic."

thank you to the board for teaching me to get rid of my 96 score by resetting it!!
I got the FSD on October 29 and loving it since then!!!
This is the reason why I paid an extra $10K!
Now I feel special compared to all the regular people that are physically driving regular boring cars.
I’m basically a passenger that needs to pay attention more than regular passengers.
It’s super awesome being able to do this.
I know there’s little quirks here and there. as long as you know what to expect it’s 100% perfect in my book.

Even though my neighborhood has posted 15 mph signs, FSD still wants to blow through it at 29 (25mph+offset). I'll see what it says on OSM.
I was driving on a short private street this weekend, and it had 14 mph street limit signs, a little smaller than average size. I wasn't comfortable using FSD Beta there, but I had my daughter film the car's speed sign graphic and the sign beyond, and the car did indicate it recognized the 14 mph speed.

I double-checked OSM, and neither that street nor many of the public residential street in that neighborhood even had a speed limit listed.

Here are screen caps of the 2 signs we passed.
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 6.55.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 6.56.10 AM.png

Reactions: impastu
I was driving on a short private street this weekend, and it had 14 mph street limit signs, a little smaller than average size. I wasn't comfortable using FSD Beta there, but I had my daughter film the car's speed sign graphic and the sign beyond, and the car did indicate it recognized the 14 mph speed.

I double-checked OSM, and neither that street nor many of the public residential street in that neighborhood even had a speed limit listed.

Here are screen caps of the 2 signs we passed.
Did you post the wrong pic since they both indicate 25MPH?

Reactions: impastu
That's the point. The car says 25 but his image shows the real road sign at 14.
But he said the car recognized the 14 mph sign.
I had my daughter film the car's speed sign graphic and the sign beyond, and the car did indicate it recognized the 14 mph speed.
Although he does say speed, not sign. Maybe because the car is going 8 and 13 mph he assumes the car recognized the sign.

Last edited: