Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night/early morning ~20 snapshot usage seems to have resulted in 1.2GB of upload, which assuming ~400MB per clip was only 3 recordings sent back. This morning had ~10 snapshots uploading ~1.6GB would then maybe be 4 recordings? Unless they changed what gets uploaded as part of FSD Beta 10.4 to be smarter in how much actually needs to be saved.

In terms of smartness of automatic snapshot triggers, Tesla should really consider having a "WTF are you doing" detection of other drivers facing you as I definitely got a face and arms up when the car was heading towards oncoming traffic for a left turn this trip.

I also encountered FSD Beta swerving for animals although I'm not sure if it did the right behavior here:
View attachment 730380

It did cross over the yellow line and drove in the center for a little bit (I had already dropped it down to 5mph), but maybe it didn't actually detect the geese in the shadows? Not sure if some got rendered as dogs, which I did see for a person walking a dog today as well as previously for an autonomous delivery robot.
Silly geese.

• Funny
Reactions: mxnym and lurker131
Nope, feet and inches just to add more confusion.

Think back to the concept of a base number (here, zero). 0:00:00 is midnight. If you were stating that 00:01 - 23:59 is only 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds that is correct. But that ignores the fact that a "midnight minute" is indeed a countable minute of time.
I totally agree that 00:00:00 is midnight and ALSO 24:00:00 I actually don't know what a "midnight minute" actually constitutes, but I can tell you that I'll be ready to get back "on topic" in a "flat ass second."

I have an objection with that logic? We all know there are exactly 24 hours in a day? So a day starts at 24:00:00 (midnight) and ends at 24:00:00 (midnight), at which time another day starts. Since there is no such time as 24:00:01, as the first second ticks off in the new day, it is designated as 00:00:01 and if a day were to run from either 00:00:01 to 24:00:00 or 00:00:00 to 23:59:59, those days would be 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds long?
Rounding young man, rounding!

Regardless, I'll let you know when it finally arrives, even if it happens to be yesterday. Which seems more likely, at this point.

"Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra
Some people do say that a Tesla is like a time machine. I can say for certIan, this whole Safety Score process took my driving capability BACK in time about three decades.

As an astronomer I use Julian Day. Day change at Noon. The night is all night long on the same ”day”. Gets rid of pesky 1:00am > 23:00 pm problems. And gloriously off topic too : )
@JulienW has his own day? I'm not really sure why this doesn't surprise me, nor does his choice of what time his day changes from being yesterday to the next day (tomorrow), thereby skipping today, which means he doesn't really have his own day now, doesn't it? Silly goose. But is it Canadian?

Man, I sure hope my FSD update arrives soon/earlier/later.

Has anyone had an issue with their car occasionally not waking up when prompted to by their phone with 10.3.1? I've also had a few instances where the phone's BT didn't unlock the car, too.

This started out as an occasional bug, but increasing in frequency over the last few days.

Reactions: spokey
Someone mentioned that it appears Model S and Model X vehicles don't yet have Live Camera rolled into the beta.

Would you mind posting the release notes that your car received with 10.4?

Edit: @speedy lived up to his name, and beat me to it.
I just took picture of the left menu. Hope that is what you want.

Attachments

• IMG_2809.jpeg
    IMG_2809.jpeg
    410.3 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: JeremyJ and Phlier
The example given for proving your second sentence is rolling of dice. However, the EXPECTATION of results will ALWAYS be the same: a total between one and twelve will result. Every time.
That just isn’t a good example. A better example is banging on a piece of glass with your fist. Eventually the stress in the glass will build up and it will break. Just because it didn’t break from the first punch doesn’t mean you should expect it not to break from the 9th.

I thought post 4105 by JulienW showed that Sentry Live is available for Model S & X (with the correct version of the Tesla App)?
I believe that picture is of the standard public build branch, and not FSD beta.

Sentry Live Camera hit the mainstream branch one, possibly two releases ago.

But it is just now being rolled into the beta branch, and it appears that S and X vehicles (running the BETA branch) have been excluded as of now.

That's why I'm interested in seeing release notes for Beta 10.4 from both the Y/3 and S/X car groups.

We need to put that picture into its intended context, that being that Live Camera is for iOS only. The waters start getting muddy when non-beta related pictures start getting put into a beta thread. Please don't think I'm "calling you out" for this, Julien, as the information is much appreciated; people just need to make sure that they're putting the information provided into the correct context.

So in short... the only use for that picture is to show that Live Camera is only supported in the iOS (and not Android) version of the smart phone app, and not to show that Live Camera is supported in the BETA version of FSD for S and X vehicles.

Last edited: