Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's just frozen. The car is just waiting for the cars in front to go. This has happened to me and it caused the car no problems.

So the visualization is frozen, as in not updating, even though the lane markers are still animated? That's a pretty wild crash. :rolleyes: But I agree that visualization update hang-up doesn't prevent the FSD Beta code from continuing to drive the car...

Reactions: FSDtester#1
So the visualization is frozen, as in not updating, even though the lane markers are still animated? That's a pretty wild crash. :rolleyes: But I agree that visualization update hang-up doesn't prevent the FSD Beta code from continuing to drive the car...
It is weird when it happens. It cuts part of the picture off and still animates but the screen (part that was working) was showing a red light and my car still went on green.

Teslascope is just as guilty of random speculation as well... just posted 35 min ago.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 10.18.15 PM.png

Teslascope is just as guilty of random speculation as well... just posted 35 min ago.

View attachment 736281
Seems like more are receiving it. I wonder how they determine when/how to pull a release (i.e the 10.3 to 10.3.1) situation. Trusted Beta users, data from the cars, something else... Also, maybe a few hardware configurations are having an issue - not sure if employees would be testing all configurations and not all scenarios would be explored.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I don’t believe this counts as a strikeout for FSD eligibility. They’re looking for people who aren’t paying attention. If you are forcibly accelerating beyond 80 mph, you are most likely actively engaged.

See this screenshot of the actual terms of what will get you kicked out:

Note that it talks about "improper use" and makes no mention of "paying attention." It calls out "Forced Autopilot Disengagements." The >80mph definitely is a forced AP disengagement. They are looking for safe use, not just attentiveness.

Reactions: Oil Freedom
See this screenshot of the actual terms of what will get you kicked out:

Note that it talks about "improper use" and makes no mention of "paying attention." It calls out "Forced Autopilot Disengagements." The >80mph definitely is a forced AP disengagement. They are looking for safe use, not just attentiveness.
Here is the text instead of a screenshot. It very clearly says it is about inattentiveness (emphasis mine of course).

"For maximum safety and accountability, Full Self-Driving (Beta) will not operate if improper usage is detected. Improper usage is considered when you, or another driver of your vehicle, receive two 'Forced Autopilot Disengagements'. This is when the Autopilot system disengages for the remainder of a trip after the driver has received several audio and visual warnings for inattentiveness. Keep your hands on the wheel and remain attentive at all times."

Last edited:
Tesla desperately needs a data-driven PR department managing this public beta rollout. All these random stories from people are basically meaningless. I'm glad to see they're taking steps now to OTA pull cabin recordings when crashes happen but they need a whole department to manage the sea of bullshit people will put out there as this program expands. Frustrating to watch people key into worthless anecdotes that are not representative of the program as a whole.

10.5 is more nauseating for me at night after a 3+3 mile round trip. The car keeps hesitating with almost every maneuver:

Stops in the middle of protected rights with mini-islands

Wanders within wide lanes more

Little bit too much boost

I am disengaging less, but overall it's not as smooth or comfortable vs 10.4.
The boosts are a little aggressive for me too.

I’m also feeling the car do a lot of “phantom” slowdowns, where once it hits the top speed set, it feels like it’s easing off the accel slightly which induces a slight slowdown, then it gets back up to speed, slows back down slightly again, and does that a few times. Also had one turn where the car did a stutter step forward where it released and hit the brake a few times in quick succession. Nothing dangerous seeming, but it has been less comfortable than previous versions for me.