Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Teslascope shows 3 cars @ 36.8.10 but none are listed yet on Teslafi
1639159019769.png

Yes. This happens to me. completely dangerous and suddenly turns you into another lane or an oncoming car. Recalibrating cameras temporarily help but it reverts back without notice. I took my car into Tesla to see if there was a problem with cameras but they said this is a 'known' FSD beta issue and nothing they can do about it until they fix it in an update. My suggestion is turn off FSD completely. Use it sparingly in completely safe situations and not at all if GPS location is off.
Based on the other response to which you already replied, you likely now understand the camera recalibration shouldn't be relevant to the witnessed behavior. FWIW, while cheap receivers could be part of the issue, complete GPS lockups were a regular thing for a period of time in 2017 or 2018, and that was apparently a software/firmware issue. Incidentally, I started having the type of GPS issues discussed here a month or three before I got the beta invite, so I tend to believe this GPS behavior could be a transient bug as well, but not one that is explicitly related to FSD.

So, for me, FSD/AP is pretty much useless now due to GPS. Day started off decent, by the end of the day, car basically couldn’t go a mile with the location being totally off, causing wild speed fluctuations, and lane changes (unsafe). I shut it off and drove manually. This the first time I’ve had this issue since ownership (March 2020). Really should be fixed, this is a safety issue.

So, for me, FSD/AP is pretty much useless now due to GPS. Day started off decent, by the end of the day, car basically couldn’t go a mile with the location being totally off, causing wild speed fluctuations, and lane changes (unsafe). I shut it off and drove manually. This the first time I’ve had this issue since ownership (March 2020). Really should be fixed, this is a safety issue.
Make a service appointment.

Looks that way! Wasn’t v9 supposed to be “mind blowing”?
Mind blowing was this poor soul who came to my house last night with his Dodge Supercharged Demon and insisted his car would destroy my MS Plaid..... after a few hours of listening to his bragging about how fast his car is, I finally gave in,, and it appeared he hit the brakes instead of the accelerator, or at least that's what the Tesla footage shows. I don't think he will be coming over to my house next time his friends do. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Mind blowing was this poor soul who came to my house last night with his Dodge Supercharged Demon and insisted his car would destroy my MS Plaid..... after a few hours of listening to his bragging about how fast his car is, I finally gave in,, and it appeared he hit the brakes instead of the accelerator, or at least that's what the Tesla footage shows. I don't think he will be coming over to my house next time his friends do. 🤣🤣

I’d love to hear the backpedaling from the dude with the demon. “Errrrrr, ahhh wait, the radio was on the wrong station….” I gotta come back with slicks”, “I wasn’t in the right drive mode”…ect,ect.