Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it would "see" the flashing red lights and automatically slow and eventually stop, as it does for regular traffic light signals that turn solid red, but I guess red light sensors only apply to traffic signals and not flashing red lights that suddenly activate, at railroad crossings
Assuming that railroad crossing's are implemented. Apparently they are not yet. Don't assume FSD will work in any situation you haven't used it in yet.

Assuming that railroad crossing's are implemented. Apparently they are not yet. Don't assume FSD will work in any situation you haven't used it in yet.

I drive up and down that particular stretch of the road almost daily and FSD has always stopped appropriately in the past (if a train approaches) due to there being a lead car in front of me, with its brake lights on and with the lead car stopped at the crossing, waiting for any approaching trains to pass.

Last night was the first time driving with a train approaching, but no lead car stopped ahead of me.

Last edited:
I drive up and down that particular stretch of the road almost daily and FSD has always stopped appropriately in the past (if a train approaches) due to there being a lead car in front of me, with its brake lights on and with the lead car stopped at the crossing, waiting for any approaching trains to pass.

Last night was the first time driving with a train approaching, but no lead car stopped ahead of me.
Hmmm interesting. I cross tracks regularly but it's a 90 degree turn and usually someone is stopped ahead of me while I approach, so I can't really assess one way or the other.

Reactions: xxMxx
Well, for the life of me, can’t figure out why I’m not getting the FSD beta. 99 score, signed up first day.
If you just got your score up above 98, Beta should download when 10.8 releases which will be yesterday... 🤣 JK. Beta mainly downloads to new users only during rollout waves. 10.8 should drop some time soon. (Although I'm not going to try and define "soon.")

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
No, unfortunately I don’t have a good recording setup at the moment. Nav was going straight. It’s a bit of a tricky intersection but one I’ve crossed dozens of times with the beta without issue. Red path - left turn only lane, green path - straight only lane, yellow boxes - parked cars. The beta took the green path up to the 2nd horizontal line before attempting to go left for whatever reason.

View attachment 747077
Nothing is stopping you from hitting the report button and the normal dashcam button to get a copy for yourself. I say this with no proof whatsoever, but I assume it's true.

How about releasing to SS 97 or V11 or any number of other possible equally important milestones before FSD is ready for release to everyone ? If DB thinks the next milestone to releasing to 98 SS is general release, how is that not dumb ?
Don't forget that Deutsche Bank is also a major lender to a certain former president. They have a history of questionable decisions.

Reactions: Oil Freedom
Not sure I like the new AP active icon. Too small.

When on FSD/AP the most important information is whether they are active or not.

78F1E347-AE9B-4F99-B6A7-E9FC98943890.jpeg

If you just got your score up above 98, Beta should download when 10.8 releases which will be yesterday... 🤣 JK. Beta mainly downloads to new users only during rollout waves. 10.8 should drop some time soon. (Although I'm not going to try and define "soon.")
Lol. I was at 98 until 7-10 days ago, when I got to a 99. Almost at the risk of my marriage. :)

Maybe I'm confused but you just have to recognize whether there is a blue dot there or not (grey).
Right - But I prefer a bigger indicator. There is also the visualization itself ...

The other thing Tesla needs to do is to figure out how to indicate whether AP/FSD is on or TACC. So many people seem to get confused.

And then there is the report button - so tiny nobody can press it in one go consistently. Make it bigger, ideally right next to the navigate cancel button. I guess they don't want to touch the UI much - so they just placed a tiny icon where they found space.

ps : that steering wheel icon is also right next to D, which will be blue when driving. Will be confusing.

Last edited:
I prefer a bigger indicator. There is also the visualization itself
With the visualization taking up the whole screen, that's a pretty big indicator of FSD Beta active. ;)
10.8 visualization.jpg

Although yeah, just TACC would have the blue "MAX" in the corner? Good thing there'll be waypoints as I've been setting new destinations to get FSD Beta test more difficult routes.

Last edited: