Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are not talking about the same thing. Mercedes doesn't detect potholes and driver around the pothole to avoid it.

Once you hit the hothole it sends the information to "cloud".
Not sure how valuable that would be since potholes get filled in pretty regularly so when that happens you don't want the car avoiding a pothole that no longer exists. Besides how does Mecedes know the pothole has been fixed? To determine that vision/lidar/radar has to be used so I'm sure Elon would say that if humans can do this with vision then cameras can also accomplish the same thing. I think the hard part is knowing how big/deep does the pothole have to be so FSD steers away from the pothole.

Mercedes' system sounds quite cool though, uploaded in real time and then alerts other drivers? Does Tesla have similar real-time upload and then usage abilities? Surely the vehicles are capable, I imagine stuff like this adding a lot of value to future systems. Being able to share information between vehicles would seem like a huge advantage compared to every vehicle rediscovering everything each time they approach an event.

Almost sounds like what I've seen in Apple Maps via CarPlay where you can report car accidents, traffic jams, speed traps etc and then the system alerts or suggests alternative routes in real time, I've been encountering a bunch of this lately with the crazy winter weather, took a detour yesterday to avoid an accident that supposedly would have added 42mins to my drive.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Word on 10.10.1 rolling out internally:

I'm guessing Tesla is getting better at identifying issues within releases? To the point where only a percentage of the fleet gets any one release before an issue is identified and the rollout is paused?
Or NHTSA didn't like it. Looks equally likely now-a-days.

NHTSA and Ashok are now joint product owners ;)

interesting - my car got the latest map update.
My car still has 10.8.1 so I'm considering retrying all the locations where the more egregious screwups have happened to see if the map data improves it any. Places like the removed 4-way stop or the added traffic lights.

May not get the chance, the first installs of 2021.44.30.20 have appeared TeslaFi already

Last edited:
Mercedes' system sounds quite cool though, uploaded in real time and then alerts other drivers? Does Tesla have similar real-time upload and then usage abilities? Surely the vehicles are capable, I imagine stuff like this adding a lot of value to future systems. Being able to share information between vehicles would seem like a huge advantage compared to every vehicle rediscovering everything each time they approach an event.

Almost sounds like what I've seen in Apple Maps via CarPlay where you can report car accidents, traffic jams, speed traps etc and then the system alerts or suggests alternative routes in real time, I've been encountering a bunch of this lately with the crazy winter weather, took a detour yesterday to avoid an accident that supposedly would have added 42mins to my

Almost sounds like what I've seen in Apple Maps via CarPlay where you can report car accidents, traffic jams, speed traps etc and then the system alerts or suggests alternative routes in real time, I've been encountering a bunch of this lately with the crazy winter weather, took a detour yesterday to avoid an accident that supposedly would have added 42mins to my drive.
The complexity of updating the cloud with pot hole metadata compared to accident reporting is on a totally different level and really not relevant.

My car still has 10.8.1 so I'm considering retrying all the locations where the more egregious screwups have happened to see if the map data improves it any. Places like the removed 4-way stop or the added traffic lights.

May not get the chance, the first installs of 2021.44.30.20 have appeared TeslaFi already
Nothing from Teslascope so far. Typically two cars report an FSD upgrade with 45-50 that follow within a day or 2. Teslafi starts with a very small number too but increases to around 450 within a day or 2. The rest of the us have to wait to see how testing goes. Hopefully by the weekend if all goes well.

I got the maps update last week on 10.8.1 and it fixed a lot of mindless lane changes when going straight on a busier street. Aside from that, really no difference for me.

How progressive. /s

My BMW 5 series came with adaptive headlights but it also had an option called "adaptive headlights disable". Does this mean that BMW will enable the option?
It means they CAN......so if offered you should have that OTA software update any day now.......wait you said BWM..........then will have to make a service appointment and bring into the dealer, spend an hour with the service adviser (aka: most important salesperson) going over all the preventive maintenance you should complete while you are having the complex service update that, oh by the way requires a new controller board that is $975 and will take 3 days.😂

Last edited:
It means they CAN......so if offered you should have that OTA software update any day now.......wait you said BWM..........then will have to make a service appointment and bring into the dealer, spend an hour with the service adviser (aka: most important salesperson) going over all the preventive maintenance you should complete while you are having the complex service update that, oh by the way requires a new controller board that is $975 and will take 3 days.😂
Surely depends on the year/model/brand and varies in which functions can be pushed, but I'm driving a 2021 Ford F-150 that does OTA updates

Finally! Map update!! At least it’s something… didn’t even get a notification, just checked the Software screen while driving into work…
2CA8B4AF-9B1B-4AC7-A6F3-BE22665BD76B.jpeg

Word on 10.10.1 rolling out internally:

I'm guessing Tesla is getting better at identifying issues within releases? To the point where only a percentage of the fleet gets any one release before an issue is identified and the rollout is paused?
This Tweet has now been deleted. Only 1 TeslaFi entry and no TeslaScope entries. False start or maybe Tesla is restricting the rollout to insure improved QA testing by employees.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
As opposed to his experience getting his Tesla updated with adaptive headlights...oh wait...Tesla doesn't have or offer them. Dang.

As opposed to his experience getting his Tesla updated with adaptive headlights...oh wait...Tesla doesn't have or offer them. Dang.
That is inaccurate
Tesla have been fitting them to Model 3/Y but have the "adaptive" part disabled - you guessed it, in software.
So those cars can get updated to enable the adaptive features.
You can see this working in the xmas light show on the cars that have them - they light up "Tesla" in front of the car.

I’m stuck on 10.8.1 for a long time now. No navigation update.
Make sure your Tesla is on WiFi when at your house/garage. Apparently it needs WiFi for the NAV upgrade as the maps are very large (gigs in size). It took awhile, but my MYLR finally got the NAV upgrade yesterday. You can't force it, it just happens. I too am stuck on 10.8.1, but I think 10.10 was paused while the NHTSA is doing their investigation for the recall.

Make sure your Tesla is on WiFi when at your house/garage. Apparently it needs WiFi for the NAV upgrade as the maps are very large (gigs in size)....
You don't need to be connected to WiFi and will get the notification it is available. You only need to connect to WiFi when instructed to download. Same is true for regular updates (Beta updates use either cell or WiFi, at least for now).

IMG_0312 (1).jpeg

Reactions: Oil Freedom
This Tweet has now been deleted. Only 1 TeslaFi entry and no TeslaScope entries. False start or maybe Tesla is restricting the rollout to insure improved QA testing by employees.
It's similar to other rollouts. Both tracking sites have one or more Tesla employees in their databases, so a new FSD beta release almost always shows up on a few cars before the narrow release. The wide release subsequently follows if no problems are uncovered. The NHTSA has put a spanner in the works with its recently petty Tesla recalls.