Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even the new map update is bad for me. My navigation directions have been more confusing and spastic lately. I hope 10.10.2 or whatever is coming soon will fix some of my issues lol.
We really, really need a way to reliably report and get the map issues fixed. Just hitting the button and hoping it gets fixed does’t cut it.

+1 on new map not being as useful as imagined. A 2-lane road I take frequently ends in the left lane being a left turn only lane, and the right lane being straight only. Before the map update, I would put the car in the left lane, and prevent it from merging right once or twice, until I got to within a couple blocks of the left turn lane. At that point it would always make another attempt and I would let it merge.

Now, it either doesn’t even offer to merge right, or sometimes offers it at 8 blocks away, and if you don’t accept it, then it does not even bother until maybe right at the very end. And I say maybe, because after the new map update I manually make it merge where it makes sense so I haven’t tried letting it go all the way to the end. Today it actually panicked briefly because I had to go straight and there is a very short 3rd lane for turning right, and as I was about to enter the intersection it tried to merge to the right, maybe because it remembered it might need to get in the right-most lane (except it was way too late).

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
10.10.2 seems to be a slight improvement over 10.10 but it's still doing stupid things that 10.8.1 didn't often do:

Chg lanes when there's a fast approach car behind

Randomly try to move out of lane without signalling when there's a fast approaching car behind

I don't think 10.10.2 would be safe to widely release. The lane chging behavior is accident prone.

10.10.2 seems to be a slight improvement over 10.10 but it's still doing stupid things that 10.8.1 didn't often do:

Randomly try to move out of lane without signalling when there's a fast approaching car behind

I don't think 10.10.2 would be safe to widely release. The lane chging behavior is accident prone.
Chill mode ?

Looks like FSD is learning from teenagers.

Average. It was trying to change into lanes with fast approaching car 3 times over a 6mi round trip drive lol. It was as though it was purposely pissing people off.
Was it jam like situation i.e. the front car was going lower than the speed you had set and in the other lane the cars were going faster or there was a gap ?

In 10.9 FSD definitely tries to change lanes even in Chill. I just cancel lane changes as soon as the indicator comes on.

If 10.10 is not putting on indicator, thats a new issue.

There's not a lot of time to hit the cancel button for city street lane changes. I also have 10.9 and the aggressive lane changes (in both aggressive and average modes) can be startling. I usually have to grab the wheel and disengage
Frankly I have this problem on highways as well. The car frequently wants to move to the faster lane causing me to intervene to avoid cutting cars off that are fast approaching. At least on highways you have time to cancel the lane change unlike city streets where can happen very quickly.

Reactions: momo3605
Frankly I have this problem on highways as well. The car frequently wants to move to the faster lane causing me to intervene to avoid cutting cars off that are fast approaching. At least on highways you have time to cancel the lane change unlike city streets where can happen very quickly.
At least on the highway you have the option today to disable lane changes made only to optimize travel speed. I found highway autopilot much more useful after telling it to “stop that!”.

Yea completely agree, for highways, i've turned off speed based lane change suggestions entirely. Given that you have to use the indicator or wiggle the wheel in either case to change lanes, i just make the decision myself.

But on highways you can turn off the automatic lane change behavior. Tesla should apply that UI setting to FSD beta also, at least until they can make lane changes on city streets work better.

But on highways you can turn off the automatic lane change behavior. Tesla should apply that UI setting to FSD beta also, at least until they can make lane changes on city streets work better.
Agree that is an option and I've done that but then ran into situations on city/streets where it requires confirmation of a lane change when it's just a curve on the road where FSD thinks it is a street change. Pick your poison.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Kinda funny since I like just about everyone always "chomping at the bit" for the latest release. Strange since I'm kinda OK with 10.9 and don't like what I have seen and read about 10.10.x. I would be happy to skip 10.10.x and just wait on 11.x.

I would be happy to skip 10.10.x and just wait on 11.x.
+1. Especially if the FSD versions "level up" to the same branch week as public releases. When I was in FSD beta last quarter, it sucked always being way behind public releases in terms of new features. I quit beta when Track Mode was released, that was too good to pass up and I had a track event in January I didn't want to miss.

Oh, it was also painful to be limited to 80mph while on AP on highways, especially when it put you in AP jail for the rest of the drive if you tapped the accelerator to pass someone. I hope we can get back to 90mph limits with FSD 11.x.