Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received 10.12 fsd yet?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
A few issues with 44.30.21
- Crosses the lane marker from right to left when following a right curve near my house then moves into the right shoulder to make a right turn.
- Tried to pass stopped cars at a RR crossing
- Autopilot was “temporarily not available” for a 45 minute highway trip.
- this one is difficult - several intersections near my home have a double-wide right lane to make room for an unmarked separate line of cars to make a right turn. My car centers itself, blocking the unmarked lane.

Reactions: MAHahh
I got notified to install 10.11 (2022.4.5.15) on my Model Y around noon today and just finally took it for a spin to the store and back on a variety of San Francisco streets, I-280, and a bit of Daly City.

My drive was significantly improved from 10.10.2 or previous releases. Acceleration and braking was smoother and less hesitant/uncertain. It seemed quicker at recognizing lane layouts and seemed to do a better job of getting into upcoming turn lanes soon after turning onto a new street — something it has struggled with before. It seemed less frightened of pedestrians and smoothly slowed or gently steered around them when the previous versions would have suddenly braked. I did disengage around 3 of times. Once, it suddenly decided to change out of an appropriate turn lane just before the turn which made no sense. The other 2 times it probably would have been okay but since it just got released to wider testing I had it on an extra-short leash and wasn’t sure about how it would handle an uncommon scenario.

I’m looking forward to using it more tomorrow.

Noob q here. Once you have driven x miles and acheived x score and they say you are ready where does the notification to update and dl FSD come? in the software screen or ap screen? Or do you get a notification.

I know so far mot many new ppl have been let in but just wanted to know where to expect it.

Thanks

Noob q here. Once you have driven x miles and acheived x score and they say you are ready where does the notification to update and dl FSD come? in the software screen or ap screen? Or do you get a notification.

I know so far mot many new ppl have been let in but just wanted to know where to expect it.

Thanks
Based on the past (which might not be a good indicator) the new software version w/ FSD beta will be pushed to your car first. Then you may nor may not get an email from tesla introducing you to the beta program. So if you are eligible, watch for s/w version 2022.4.5.15 sometime later week. Software updates will show up in the car and tesla phone app when available.

Got 10.11 on Sunday. Drives smoother but looks like speed bumps/humps are no longer seen and therefore handled. Anyone else see this? Ideas why?
interesting. They keep flipping speed bump detection on and off, i wonder why. I noticed in 10.4 or 5 they added speed bumps, then removed it in 10.6, brought it back in 8, and now remove again in 11. It's not the most reliable, but i don't understand why they keep turning it off and on, better than nothing imo

Got 10.11 on Sunday. Drives smoother but looks like speed bumps/humps are no longer seen and therefore handled. Anyone else see this? Ideas why?
hmm there are at least 2 YT beta test videos where 10.11 *does* handle speed bumps, though in at least one case the poster noted they did not appear in the UI as reliably (but the car still slowed down for them).

Its possible they have tuned recognition to avoid false positives (which some here might have characterized as phantom braking), and maybe gone too far .. maybe try more locations? (I'll check myself when I get 10.11).

One thing I noticed a couple times recently with 10.10.2 - when navigating roundabouts the makes a weird mistake.

First it will stop much before the actual roundabout entrance - as has been discussed a lot. Then, if there is no vehicle around, it will go forward. If the stopping is quite a bit before the roundabout entrance, by the time the car reaches the entrance, there could a car coming from the left. FSD doesn’t seem to stop at this point and I disengaged rather than find out what FSD might do ….

Anyone else in similar situation ?

One thing I noticed a couple times recently with 10.10.2 - when navigating roundabouts the makes a weird mistake.

First it will stop much before the actual roundabout entrance - as has been discussed a lot. Then, if there is no vehicle around, it will go forward. If the stopping is quite a bit before the roundabout entrance, by the time the car reaches the entrance, there could a car coming from the left. FSD doesn’t seem to stop at this point and I disengaged rather than find out what FSD might do ….

Anyone else in similar situation ?
Thats been my experience too.