Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife: “What is going on? …. Alan, it can’t drive! There are stopped cars ahead, and it’s speeding up!”

Narrator: “When his first name is used, Alan is in trouble.”

Alan: <disengages for remainder of drive>

Typical experience of course - I am sure everyone else has exactly the same reaction from passengers - there is not any way it could not be the case at the moment.

On to 10.69! Will it be sublime?

Last edited:
Anyone having the location of their car float and move to a location that is. It the actual location while using navigation?

I have a service center appointment for this and they messaged me asking to take snapshots when it occurs and to bring the date and times with me to the appointment. The SA said the fsd team has asked users to do this as it’s a known issue.

The strange thing is, it only started occurring a few weeks ago and we haven’t had a new FSD version in a while.

Reactions: winfield100
Anyone having the location of their car float and move to a location that is. It the actual location while using navigation?

I have a service center appointment for this and they messaged me asking to take snapshots when it occurs and to bring the date and times with me to the appointment. The SA said the fsd team has asked users to do this as it’s a known issue.

The strange thing is, it only started occurring a few weeks ago and we haven’t had a new FSD version in a while.
I‘ve had FSD Beta turn way too early out of nowhere 2 or 3 times. One I recall was about 1/2 mile away too early, the other was about 2 streets ahead. I think the GPS loses signal and after reboot it works fine.

I started a separate thread on this —

And there is another:

I have screenshots and video.

Attachments

• F4D76864-8DA5-4351-9E8B-0BAD7D73DB54.jpeg
    F4D76864-8DA5-4351-9E8B-0BAD7D73DB54.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 63
  • D49B3BD5-3CE0-4E3A-B57A-1225C03B81B5.jpeg
    D49B3BD5-3CE0-4E3A-B57A-1225C03B81B5.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 38
  • EA1105FA-F168-4602-8924-5267B1449B9F.jpeg
    EA1105FA-F168-4602-8924-5267B1449B9F.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: Koolio46
I have the same issue with FSD. Super annoying since the dash cam is really nice to have in case of an accident and if I forget to unplug it/plug it back in, it won’t record
Rebooting the center screen by holding down the steering wheel scrolls for at least 10 seconds consistently fixes the dash cam recording problem.

I’ve noticed that the WiFi system also isn’t working (is disconnected and sees no available networks) when the dashcam is down as if an IO Bus with the WiFi and USB has been disabled.

Does the Dashcam bug also effect Sentry Mode? Yesterday had an event and when I hit play it said something like "file not found" and showed a white screen. I clicked on Sentry Mode and there was no current file saved. Of course this is so far a one time event so may have been a fluke.

Rebooting the center screen by holding down the steering wheel scrolls for at least 10 seconds consistently fixes the dash cam recording problem.

I’ve noticed that the WiFi system also isn’t working (is disconnected and sees no available networks) when the dashcam is down as if an IO Bus with the WiFi and USB has been disabled.
For me, rebooting the MCU / screen didn’t fix the issue.

What I have noticed is it appears the bug occurs more frequently when my cabin temp is 100+ degrees…

I have the same issue with FSD. Super annoying since the dash cam is really nice to have in case of an accident and if I forget to unplug it/plug it back in, it won’t record
what always works for me is constantly reformatting the drive. I just take a second to make sure there is no footage I need and if there is upload it to my comp immediately when I can. Having a working dashcam and parking dash cam is super important

But hoopefully we dont need to wait too long. IF all goes well we should get the update on the 20th

Reactions: Koolio46
Does the Dashcam bug also effect Sentry Mode? Yesterday had an event and when I hit play it said something like "file not found" and showed a white screen. I clicked on Sentry Mode and there was no current file saved. Of course this is so far a one time event so may have been a fluke.
yup it effects everything so make sure there's no small X next to your dash cam icon

Reactions: hybridbear

Yes, just left service today. They did a temporary fix but had to order a part. Apparently they had to take the cabin camera out and put some material in there to help GPS. This is a known problem by them. Also they all acted like they haven't heard about the USB and sentry cam issues telling us to take out the USB and replace. They said they will address that when the part that fixes the GPS comes in...

Tesla tech notes ...Concern: Customer states: Visual Display & Navigation - Navigation has been freezing lately for the last week and sometimes taking 20 to 30 miles of driving to get corrected. Car notes the GPS antenna is having connectivity problems Technician Verified concern, Newest camera revision is not in stock. Removed interior facing camera and added interference tape as a remedy. Test drove and GPS pointer is working properly at this time.

So are they going to be giving us all new cameras??? I also noticed it was really humid inside my front facing cameras... so they took that out also.
I think the camera and GPS are connected and run the gps

Last edited: