Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyone who havé vmr 804 19in on a black car ?

It's not a unique style, so look through the thread for a black 3 with the same style wheels.
Or try this:
VMR804Search.jpg
VMR804Search2.jpg

Reactions: Kevy Baby
They will fit. I believe Mountain Pass is running these same wheels on their track car with either 265 or 275 square.

Mountain Pass is running the Advan RGIII in 19x10 +35.

I think theirs are something else & 10 in. wide.

Those wheels belong on a Skyline or FD... not sure they'll work well on a Model 3.

Lots of 19x9.5 +35 wheels work perfectly fine on the 3. The only unknown on these is the brake caliper clearance, but the design seems to be such that it accommodates larger calipers.

I personally think it's good to mix it up and see some Japanese wheels on the 3. Otherwise, everyone is running the same split 5 spoke design, or chasing a "turbine" or "arachnid" style wheel.

The problem I've encountered with some of the Japanese wheels is that the lug hole diameter tends to be too small.

Yep. Most of the JDM wheels in 114.3x5 are for 12mm lugs, not 14mm for our car. @MountainPass had to drill out their Advan RGIII.

This tire only came out in late March, 2019, but is anybody eyeballing the Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack? If it lives up to it's billing, it meats my needs for quiet and smooth ride. The only problem is that so far it doesn't appear that Bridgestone is making the size for the Model 3. Boooooooo!!!!!
Mfg. site here TURANZA QUIETTRACK
It seems they are now available in 235/45 R18, but there are not a lot of reviews:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ietTrack&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=345VR8TQT
The claim is good traction in the wet, but the video on that Tire Rack page counters that. One commenter mentions chirp off the line. Note the lower-than OEM load index is 94V, seen here on Amazon.

The Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack also shows on the massive colorful table that started on reddit and moved to skytopia, it's showing atop the All Season section, but the scores missing for most columns:
Best Tesla Model 3 compatible tires compared using Tire Rack and Tyre Reviews

I'm at 26,000 and I'm now between 4/32 and 5/32 on my 4 tires, so it's shopping time for me. My goals are a bit better snow performance than OEM 18" Michelin Primacy, and a bit longer life than my 26,000, even if that means giving up a little traction. A little quieter would be a bonus.

Another contender is the Michelin CrossClimate+ but seem to be some concerns about tread noise from owners. Some saying quieter than OEM, many saying louder, and one helpful review kind of saying both.

Also curious what folks think about going a smidge wider (245/45 R18 100Y XL) to (maybe?) avoid curb rash at very low speed, as the author of that article did, which also seems to get the load rating back up to 96V as seen on Amazon.
+ @Mad Hungarian

Last edited: