Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mounted staggered Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze wheels. Stock P3D suspension.
2-24-2020 Laguna Seca 2.jpg
2-24-2020 Laguna Seca 3.jpg
2-24-2020 Laguna Seca 13.jpg
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 10.jpg
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 11.jpg
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 13.jpg
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 19.jpg
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 7.jpg
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 20.jpg

Has anyone tried fitting a 18x10 +40?

I doubt that that would fit even with the thicker rotor hats of an aftermarket rotor. It definitely won't fit with the thin rotor hat of the performance brakes although most people who are tracking the car with 18 x 10 in Wheels aren't going to have stock rotors. I've got a 20 by 9.5 width 40 mm offset on an aftermarket rotor in front and there's probably just enough space for a 265 tire with that wheel setup. I do not think that a 275 with an extra half inch of width from the wheel would fit. The wheel might just make it, but the tire probably would rub against that front steering knuckle. I'll know for sure when I fit the 265 / 30 Tire to the front wheel.

Last edited:
verified fitment on fronts is 9.5J ET35. A member verified that 9.5 et40 hits struts in front and does not fit.

If you go to 10" from 9.5, you lose another .25 inches on the inside, and this is too much (based on et40 being only .2in further towards strut than et35)

someone ran 10.5J ET40 in the rears and they fit.
Well that member is spreading disinformation. I have a 40 mm offset 9.5 in wheel and it does clear the front suspension knuckle. But I also have aftermarket rotors which add another 5 mm. I've confirmed that a 265 / 30 will fit on that 9.5 inch wheel and clear the front suspension knuckle. But it's tight. This setup would not work on a stock performance dual motor car with the thinner rotor hats. You would need to drop your offset to at least 38 mm. There is simply gobs more room in the rear for both tucked-in positive offset and for more outboard offsets. The front steering knuckle is the limiting factor for super wide wheels

Last edited:
Hi all - I’ve got a blue Model 3 performance on order. Given it’s free, I’ve chosen all the add-ons, but definitely want to swap the wheels out. (If anyone is interested in the stock wheels, send me a PM.)

My complication is I want 18” wheels. My big reasons are ride and looks (I much prefer the chunkier look). There just aren’t that many 18” tires that fit over the brakes, so I’m hoping not to redo someone else’s work.

My ideal look would be something like the Enkei TS-5, the TSW Nurburgring, or Fast FC-08. Basically something simple, and a bit in contrast with the curvy design of the car, with my favorite being the Volk TE37 look of the Enkei.

While I recognize weight doesn’t have a lot of impact for daily driving, I can’t in good conscience buy new wheels that weigh more than stock. Each of the above is 18-21 lbs or so.

I’m sold on the bronze color, but could be convinced on a plain dark rim, based on advice or availability.

Anyone know of a couple rims in 18” that will definitely fit? And if so, maybe a dealer likely to carry them?

And if you have a favorite all season... I’m in Portland, so it’s cold and rainy 9 months of the year. Some summer tires I could run all year, probably. I’ve been swapping wheels on the e90 M3 this is replacing, and it’d be nice to avoid that in the future.

Thanks.

@Firehuntah Those summer wheels look great. What’s the brand? Any chance you know if they fit over the Performance brakes? And any idea of weight?

Thanks.

Thanks, yeah I really like them. :) These are Rosenstein Delta wheels. I think they'll fit the Performance as there's quite a lot of clearance between my SR+ brakes and the spokes. These wheels were designed to fit over large brake calipers on the Subaru WRX so I think there's a very good chance. But I can't say for sure as I haven't tried it myself and I've seen no one else use them on a Tesla yet. ;) Maybe contact them and see if they know. I could also try and measure if you know how much extra space is needed compared to non Performance Model 3's?

Weight for the 18" 8.5J is 21 lbs.

I am waiting for my Model 3 standard plus and I got this great deal on a set of aftermarket wheels 5X 114.3 18X8 38 offset with some Michelin x-ice 225/50r18, I know I will need some hub rings to fit the mags perfectly just wondering if its all good or I could be running into issues. I know the speedometer will probably read 2% faster then in reality.

Whoops, almost forgot to post my wheel selection in my old thread :D

Here are my V710FF from VMR wheels in 19x9.5 with a +33 offset. These are flow formed and paired with a set of 265/35/R19 Potenza RE-71Rs in a square set-up (since it's for performance and the car is already incredibly balanced + AWD)

I'm super happy with these and i was able to get them directly from VMR with the proper counterbore to fit the Performance 3 brakes!

View attachment 348530
View attachment 348531
Is your car lowered?

Hi all - I’ve got a blue Model 3 performance on order. Given it’s free, I’ve chosen all the add-ons, but definitely want to swap the wheels out. (If anyone is interested in the stock wheels, send me a PM.)

My complication is I want 18” wheels. My big reasons are ride and looks (I much prefer the chunkier look). There just aren’t that many 18” tires that fit over the brakes, so I’m hoping not to redo someone else’s work.

My ideal look would be something like the Enkei TS-5, the TSW Nurburgring, or Fast FC-08. Basically something simple, and a bit in contrast with the curvy design of the car, with my favorite being the Volk TE37 look of the Enkei.

While I recognize weight doesn’t have a lot of impact for daily driving, I can’t in good conscience buy new wheels that weigh more than stock. Each of the above is 18-21 lbs or so.

I’m sold on the bronze color, but could be convinced on a plain dark rim, based on advice or availability.

Anyone know of a couple rims in 18” that will definitely fit? And if so, maybe a dealer likely to carry them?

And if you have a favorite all season... I’m in Portland, so it’s cold and rainy 9 months of the year. Some summer tires I could run all year, probably. I’ve been swapping wheels on the e90 M3 this is replacing, and it’d be nice to avoid that in the future.

Thanks.

KONIG’s all their flowformed, FAST FC04, FC08, APEX ec-7(mustang, tesla fitment).

There’s a spreadsheet on here with a list of 18s that fit performance. Those are just off the top of my head.

i went with fc04 18x9 et30, so i could fit conti dws 255/45/18 all around for that meaty look for extra protection and more diameter to close the wheel gap a bit from stock suspension.
7BC52D8A-7348-474F-9429-620E7510A96B.jpeg
9F6F749F-40C6-4F1B-920D-2A95FBEB3C00.jpeg
DCFE6273-2D4B-44D3-86C1-F9F808F88CD1.jpeg
24D9E0A8-8EFD-4388-8F14-46458CA45D69.jpeg