Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some advice from you experts on here.

Looking to run a set of Konigs 20"x10" +40 squared. I assume the rears are fine but I want to make sure the front will clear. I have a P3D-.

Also what tires would work best with this set-up? I plan to drop the car somewhere between 1-1.5".
** I would do a search here and see if anyone has done it, it just seems like you would have to use 275s or you would have that stretched look.

What psi are people running for 19x9.5 rims with 265/35/19 tires?

Exactly the setup I have. 35 offset running 41 psi
2F7AD210-6C8E-4E8B-8638-4EF1E4D038CE.jpeg

Reactions: Spy021
I'm curious how this offset has affected your range, if any, considering that your tires and weight haven't changed.

Wheel weight went down to 19lbs per, so saving 3lbs per and 12lbs overall. I havent had my normal driving conditions yet to see how it has been effected, but I almost think it's been better so far.
I do expect it to be either the same or maybe a little worse since they put more tread on the ground and are less aerodynamic though.

I'll try to report back

Reactions: P-Lo801
Fellow model 3 owners, i am looking for some advice here. I am new to aftermarket wheels and not sure about the sizing

I am considering the Ambit FC20 wheels (19 inches) on my 2019 Model 3 LR AWD. Are these a good option? you can find them here ( FC20 19x9 +32 (5x114.3) Flow Formed | Tesla Model 3). They come in two specifications:
  1. Spec: 19x10 with Offset +40 and Center Bore: 73.1mm
  2. Spec: 19x9 with Offset +32 and Center Bore: 73.1mm
What is the best size in my case? and how does Spec/offset impact the ride quality, if at all?

any recommendations are greatly appreciated

Would 10.5X20 ET38 fit without issues when lowered on coilovers on a Perfomance? 285/30 Michelin PS4 tires.
It's really close to the more normal ET40 but I've got to be sure.
The front will be 9.5X20 ET35 running 245/35.
As far as I've seen the Michelin PS4 run wide? Need to hide some of the tirestretch in the front as the planned rims don't come in 9"

0F36A3C0-1FB1-4A18-90DC-CBC8C9735728.jpeg
New look for my P3D+...
  • BBS CI-R black satin with polished rim 20x9.5 +40 square. Will eventually go to 265s but the sneaky width of the Tesla-spec 235/35/20 Michelin 4S tires stretched well enough for now. If you’re only going for looks I’d have gone 10.5” in the rear with 275s but wanted to keep it square and not too wide for range reasons.
  • Eibach Pro Kit springs and front/rear sway bars (~1” front/1.4” rear drop)
  • Xpel Prime XR tint 70% front and 30% sides/rear
3D6C9661-63A5-43F0-A377-749598375703.jpeg

1D23CECF-78E2-4B7B-A4CC-D30A42E1444B.jpeg

I'm curious how this offset has affected your range, if any, considering that your tires and weight haven't changed.

From what I've seen so far (close if not 300 miles back and forth to work total, and 90% highway) my range is better with these wheels, most likely having to do with weight. I'm guessing the extra tread from the tires and offset has less effect than I thought it would, even though it is not all that far from stock width and offset.

My 3k miles worth of wh/mile is going down daily and I actually went down 10-15 wh/mile when resetting Trip A to see numbers for my new wheels. Some of this could be more traffic slowing down my speed, even though I am traveling 80 or a little over a good bit of my trip. It has been warmer weather as well, but I havent been shy about using a/c because I wanted to accurately know what I can personally expect.

My "testing" is far from ideal since it's not a direct side by side with both wheels having identical testing, but even so, I'd say the new wheels are helping my range more than the stock wheels without Aero caps. Again, most likely has to do with weight savings but the +30 offset and 18x9 did not have the effects I was expecting.

Hope this helps!

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801