Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...would only caution against getting like a 5mm spacer using OEM studs. Then you would be compromising the thread depth for your lugs. That is no bueno.

Thanks. I have considered adding a 3 or 5mm spacer using oem studs on my current wheels, but I couldn't get enough thread depth on it. I understand there has to be a minimum thread depth, something like at least 8 full rotations of the lug nuts, for it to be safe.

After 38k miles, a couple of punctures, worn to the wear bars and a tire that lost 1 paid a day for the last few months, I replaced the 19in OEM contis with Quiet Tracks. $970 out the door from American Tire Depot.

The very next day I went on a short road trip of 600 miles. Sound wise quieter than my worn Contis but I suspect not a whole lot of difference. Car now tracks poorly on grooved pavement and bumpy pavement. I found this concerning as the existing Contis drive fine... Except they were worn and showed now sign of alignment issues. On smooth pavement they are perfect.

I'm thinking I need an alignment. I'm wary of having American Tire Depot do it, so thinking of taking it to local independent guy I've taken other cars to before.

Thanks. I have considered adding a 3 or 5mm spacer using oem studs on my current wheels, but I couldn't get enough thread depth on it. I understand there has to be a minimum thread depth, something like at least 8 full rotations of the lug nuts, for it to be safe.
I use 5mm plain spacers fron on my M3P 2021, 20” überturbine. The tesla stock nut still use all of the thread on the nut.

Has anyone put these on their M3? I love the OEM+ vibes as they're similar in design to the aero wheels minus the caps.
Rotiform_SPF_19x10_BLK_A1-1000.jpg

Reactions: AAKEE and MODEL+
For anyone with an M3P, there is a 3mm and 5mm spacer available from Traverse Ridge Racing specially designed to address the hub “lip” on the model 3 performance. I grabbed some Forgestars from Danny at Model Plus Studios (terrific experience, great seller) and used the 3mm spacer with hub centric rings. I know some people bolt them up to the hub with fine results but i was more comfortable going with the spacer and hub rings. Everything fit perfectly. Link here:

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: MODEL+ and P-Lo801
I have tested 5mm spacers with 20” Überturbine now, with the stock nuts.
The whole thread of the nut is used so the strength is not compromised.

I also tested the H&R DRS 14mm with the special nuts included towards the 20” Überturbines. Slightly more than 8 complete revolutions, I didnt check the exakt value as 8 revs is good enough.
View attachment 648487View attachment 648488View attachment 648489
to clarify, you used 14mm spacers on oem studs, or they were spacers with bolt-on studs?

For anyone with an M3P, there is a 3mm and 5mm spacer available from Traverse Ridge Racing specially designed to address the hub “lip” on the model 3 performance. I grabbed some Forgestars from Danny at Model Plus Studios (terrific experience, great seller) and used the 3mm spacer with hub centric rings. I know some people bolt them up to the hub with fine results but i was more comfortable going with the spacer and hub rings. Everything fit perfectly. Link here:

Thank you Tim! Glad everything worked out in your favor! Appreciate the support 👍
Post some photos of your ride with the new wheels when you get a chance!

to clarify, you used 14mm spacers on oem studs, or they were spacers with bolt-on studs?
These use OEM studs and special nuts that have longer threading inwards.
Its the H&R Track + DRS system.
92067794-5719-45E9-B9D0-CB4D5C49A9FB.jpeg
I did get these in both 14 and 10 mm thickness, but the one with 10mm thickness do not fit the tesla model 3 due to the different hub. The 14 mm have the correct fitment to the Model 3 Performance.
For spacers with built in studs, the studs on my Performance is 31.5 mm long and the pockets/grooves in the Überturbines are (at least)17.5mm. This makes it possible to use spacers with studs that are at least 14mm thick( so 15mm and up are all good).

• Informative
Reactions: Nichigo and P-Lo801
It will work, but without some additional front camber you run the risk of cutting the sidewall on your fender! The fenders are quite soft, so you can hand pull them if you are worried about it.
Hi, silly me went with 275/35/19 on 19x9.5ET30 wheels only to realize the fronts are about 4-5mm wider due to the M3P front rotor thickness? (I think I read that on a previous post)

Took a test drive pre-alignment in the San Diego mountains with no rubbing 🤞

Can I get enough camber by adjusting the top end of the suspension? I'm hoping to get -1* Thx

Hi all,

Just took delivery of a Model 3 AWD and was curious if my old WRX wheels would fit, or if I am better off selling them. They are Enkei TSR-X 18x9.5 +38 w/ 265/35 PS4S tires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bolt pattern should be the same if it's a 2015+ WRX. The hub bore on a WRX is smaller (56.1mm) than Tesla, but I'd be surprised if those wheels have a hub bore that small. Usually they bore aftermarket wheels bigger and then use hub-centric rings.

Reactions: MODEL+
Yes, they're off a 2015+ WRX, so I know the bolt pattern is the same 5x114.3 and the bore is 72.6, so I would need to buy new-hub centric rings. My main concern is the offset of +38 if that is okay to run w/o issues or would it look goofy.

This is the wheel for reference. Would be nice to not have to buy another set.

+38 is a good offset for Model 3.

Reactions: MODEL+