Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably my favorite Konig design. 18x9.5 +35 with the concave "B face" and clears the red caliper P3D brakes from what Konig told me.

Under $1100 is a steel for something that looks this good imo. They should be around 20lbs each. I'll try to weigh one before I put tires on. You can see them on my friend's blue TM3 below. I already got some RS4's on hand 275/40/18 as well as some hubcentric 5mm spacers for additional room on my P3D to the upright. I know it's a tight fit with 275's without them.

View attachment 669083
View attachment 669087
Based on the pic, I know thats you Rishie... LOL

Midnight Silver Metallic Tesla Model 3 with Satin Gray TS5 18" Tesla Model 3 Wheels
  • Size: 18x8.5"
  • Offset: +35
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1
Accepts factory center caps, lug nuts, and TPMS

midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-ts5-18-inch-zero-g-style-flow-forged-wheel-satin-gray-1...jpg
midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-ts5-18-inch-zero-g-style-flow-forged-wheel-satin-gray-2...jpg
midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-ts5-18-inch-zero-g-style-flow-forged-wheel-satin-gray-3...jpg
midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-ts5-18-inch-zero-g-style-flow-forged-wheel-satin-gray-4...jpg

To what extent is it acceptable? To flush an 18-inch wheel?
And when I put too much plus in,
What could be the problem with Model 3?

Is there a big fuel efficiency difference between the 18-inch 8.5j wheel and the 18-inch 9.5j wheel?
How does it compare to the 19 inch 9.5j wheel?

If anyone knows the answer to this question,
Please enlighten me!

I'm looking for a second opinion on my new rims. They seem to have more poke than I was expecting. The manufacturer suggests it due to the tires I purchased (Michelin PS4 255\40 R19) being wider than a normal 255x40 tire and recommended I get a narrower tire size instead. Have other people encountered the same thing? I have a Model 3 AWD (stealth performance) with 19x9 ET30 / 19x9 ET21 rims that the manufacturer recommended. I was planning on just living with this until I need new tires, but the other thing I have noticed is also a 20+% hit to efficiency with this new setup (hitting around 340Wh/mi on a good day in spring\summer. Normally around 270-280), and I'm wondering if that is partly due to the wheels sticking out? I was definitely expecting some hit, but surprised by how much it is.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20210504_170852.jpg
    IMG_20210504_170852.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20210430_150710.jpg
    IMG_20210430_150710.jpg
    784.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20210501_144908.jpg
    IMG_20210501_144908.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 172
I'm looking for a second opinion on my new rims. They seem to have more poke than I was expecting. The manufacturer suggests it due to the tires I purchased (Michelin PS4 255\40 R19) being wider than a normal 255x40 tire and recommended I get a narrower tire size instead. Have other people encountered the same thing? I have a Model 3 AWD (stealth performance) with 19x9 ET30 / 19x9 ET21 rims that the manufacturer recommended. I was planning on just living with this until I need new tires, but the other thing I have noticed is also a 20+% hit to efficiency with this new setup (hitting around 340Wh/mi on a good day in spring\summer. Normally around 270-280), and I'm wondering if that is partly due to the wheels sticking out? I was definitely expecting some hit, but surprised by how much it is.

Thanks!
It's definitely a combination of both, with your wheels poking out more resulting in more wind drag, as well as the new tire compound and size you got. What was your previous tire size?

This is probably my favorite Konig design. 18x9.5 +35 with the concave "B face" and clears the red caliper P3D brakes from what Konig told me.

Under $1100 is a steel for something that looks this good imo. They should be around 20lbs each. I'll try to weigh one before I put tires on. You can see them on my friend's blue TM3 below. I already got some RS4's on hand 275/40/18 as well as some hubcentric 5mm spacers for additional room on my P3D to the upright. I know it's a tight fit with 275's without them.

View attachment 669083
View attachment 669087
Just bought 19x8.5 bronze ampliform with TPMS, hubcentric rings and shipped for $1175!

Reactions: P3D-R
About 1 - 1.5” - you’ll get a little negative camber from the change of angle.
Ok thanks. I was thinking maybe 0.5", but 1"-1.5" is probably way more than I would do. Good to know that maybe it will help a little though.

You went from low rolling resistance tires and smaller diameter wheels, to a wider size and one of the best street performing sticky tire available, as well as an increase in overall diameter. All of these are contributing to your range hit, so the efficiency you're reporting is expected.
Yeah, I expected some, but as far as I know the P3D stock has the same tire but larger wheel, and I thought the difference in efficiency was quite a bit less. Somewhere I believe there was a chart of the various stock tire avg efficiency. I guess is should try to find that...

Ok thanks. I was thinking maybe 0.5", but 1"-1.5" is probably way more than I would do. Good to know that maybe it will help a little though.

Yeah, I expected some, but as far as I know the P3D stock has the same tire but larger wheel, and I thought the difference in efficiency was quite a bit less. Somewhere I believe there was a chart of the various stock tire avg efficiency. I guess is should try to find that...
The stock tires on the P3D are the same as what you have now, but they are 235mm wide, while yours are 255mm wide, 20mm more of sticky contact patch. The wider you go, the more efficiency hit you'll take, unfortunately.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi

Thanks!
Your tire “poke” is because of the fatter tire on a skinnier wheel. Running a 245/35 will solve your problem. The wheel itself looks flush. That’s my car on post 3610 and here is a straight shot below. I am lowered so the natural camber will give a better “look” that’s moreso the angle slope of the rear fender. Also 245 will give you better efficiency for sure over 255.
BC457E7F-A30A-45BD-B2FC-8A1BDC54DD60.jpeg

View attachment 669083
View attachment 669087
When will you be getting you set? I wanna see them on your performance model sir

Need opinion here, I got a model 3 performance and looking for a set of 20 inch light weight wheel. Currently looking at Titan 7 T-S5 and Signature SV104. Which one offer better quality wheel? They are both around $3.5-4.5K range per set. Is it worth the small extra to go with the SV104?

Need opinion here, I got a model 3 performance and looking for a set of 20 inch light weight wheel. Currently looking at Titan 7 T-S5 and Signature SV104. Which one offer better quality wheel? They are both around $3.5-4.5K range per set. Is it worth the small extra to go with the SV104?
Signature SV104 hands down. Wheel is 20lbs raw and completed wheel is 43lbs. Nothing at all against Titan but with signature wheels you get the exact offset and fitment you want instead of predefined widths and offsets. Also Titan has like 3 finishes? With signature you get like 20ish?
F56D62DB-09A9-4819-A80A-66A79536119A.jpeg

I'm biased since I have a set of SV104 sitting in my garage waiting for me to pickup my car on Tuesday, but I would definitely recommend Signature, it's worth the little bit extra. Titans are good wheels, too, but you'll get to pick your exact spec for the wheels and get exactly the fitment you want instead of the one predefined spec for Titan, plus you have many more finishes. The wheels are gorgeous and perfectly to spec too.

Handled both.
Titan 7

Also, here you guys go

Danny

Last edited:
Reactions: P-Lo801