Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Satin Psychedelic Flip Wrapped Performance Model 3 with 19" TSS Flow Forged Wheels in Matte Black and Carbon Fiber Executive Trunk Wing

Wheel: TSS
Size: 19x8.5" front & rear
Weight: 23.7 lbs
Finish: Matte Black
Tires: Continental ProContact RX 235/40-19”
Other: Uses factory lug nuts, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS.

satin-psychedelic-tesla-model-3-performance-carbon-fiber-trunk-wing-executive-wm-4.jpg
satin-psychedelic-tesla-model-3-performance-carbon-fiber-trunk-wing-executive-wm-5.jpg
satin-psychedelic-tesla-model-3-performance-carbon-fiber-trunk-wing-executive-wm-2.jpg

Tire rack is selling the Yokohama Advan Sport V105 @ 255/35/20 for $114 each.
I just bought that tire @ 255/40/19 to go along with the SV501 brushed black (still couple weeks out). At $112 each those tires are a steal.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered them as well. Almost 1/3rd the price of Michelin PS 4S and good wet traction on the Yokos. Can’t go wrong with this price.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: skrtskrt
Save 10% & Get Free Shipping in the US/Canada on any our of Model 3 Wheel & Tires Packages this Memorial Day Weekend.

red-multi-coat-performance-tesla-model-3-20-inch-matte-black-m3115-forged-wheel-wm-4.jpg

pearl-white-tesla-model-3-performance-upgrade-gloss-black-20-inch-tst-turbine-wheels.jpg

deep-blue-metallic-tesla-model-3-matte-black-20-inch-tss-flow-forged-wheels-wm-1.jpg

Pictured (from top to bottom):

Wheel: M3115 Forged
Size: 20x8.5" front, 20x8.5" rear
Tires: factory Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35-20” front, 235/35-20” rear

Wheel: TST
Size: 20x8.5" front, 20x10.0" rear
Finish: Gloss Black
Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35-20” front, 275/30-20” rear

Wheel: TSS Flow Forged
Size: 20x8.5" front, 20x8.5" rear
Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35-20” front, 235/35-20” rear

20190508_131737.jpg
20190508_131503.jpg
Pretty pleased with the Vorsteiner VVF-107s 20x9/20x10.5 wrapped in Tesla specific 235/35 and 275/30 Pilot 4S. These are usefully wider in tread width than any 245 or 285 4S, as part of the structural changes Tesla requested from Michelin, and between those and the acoustic foam I think the Tesla specific tire is a way better choice, even though lots of folks think that the 245 / 35 and the 285 / 30 are nominally bigger. They are wider in terms of section but narrower in terms of tread.

I have to believe the Tesla knew what they were doing in having Michelin design these tires specifically for the Model 3. Another somewhat surprising finding is the 275 / 30 rides exceptionally well at the rear, with no noise or ride penalty compared to a squared set up (235/35 all the way around). There is a small penalty in terms of rolling resistance and / or aerodynamic drag but it really only seems to be about 5 watt-hours per mile as far as I can tell comparing pre and post energy consumption figures.

The car looks great, and although you would think that this setup would generate a lot of extra understeer, at any reasonable speed on the street I have yet to find that. But I have not taken this setup on to the track yet and probably won't given the poor durability record of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S when tracked for more than one or two hot laps. If I track the car I'm probably going to get 19 by 9.5 with 265/35 re71r.

Patiently waiting fir the sport coilovers from Mountain Pass performance, as the final tweak to best car ever

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35/20 will fit on my Base RWD Tesla 3? Curious as I tried to get America's Tire company to order those exact tires to pair with the Tsportline or EVwheel Turbine style wheels and they said they wouldn't because the "weight load was unsafe". They said if I had a "performance RWD Tesla 3" it would be ok... Which is odd because Tesla puts those same Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35/20 on their OEM 20's, and I believe the weight is the same across all RWD's?

I am assuming America's Tire doesn't know what they are talking about ? (the rep acknowledged they know nothing about Tesla's and it could be a mistake in their system....)

Can anyone tell me if: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35/20 will fit on my Base RWD Tesla 3? Curious as I tried to get America's Tire company to order those exact tires to pair with the Tsportline or EVwheel Turbine style wheels and they said they wouldn't because the "weight load was unsafe". They said if I had a "performance RWD Tesla 3" it would be ok... Which is odd because Tesla puts those same Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35/20 on their OEM 20's, and I believe the weight is the same across all RWD's?

I am assuming America's Tire doesn't know what they are talking about ? (the rep acknowledged they know nothing about Tesla's and it could be a mistake in their system....)

You are absolutely right - the staff person you spoke with didn't know what he was talking about. Of course they will fit (assuming wheels with proper fitment)! They are standard fitment on the heavier AWD and DMP versions so to argue that they can't take the load of the lighter RWD versions is proof of incompetence. Talk to Tire Rack.