Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Daniel in SD, Nice wheels... but why are there two valve stems?

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 163
I've never seen that either online or in person. Curious why you would want such a radical set up? I have to assume it's for an aesthetic reason that you like such a radical and large wheel? I'm sure you know that cost, unsprung weight, ride, and durability of both Wheel and Tire are all going to be traded off against that aesthetic - and I love your description of rubber band tires! That's right on! I personally think the 20-inch wheel looks great and is plenty radical enough, but obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may not be so for you.

Really just an aesthetic preference. I like the look of a larger wheel on a car.

Reactions: dfwatt
Would love to see more 3s with different wheels. Everyone is buying the same aftermarket wheels it seems....

yeah, it's too bad...
on one side, people usually look at tesla 3 specific rims from tesla specific vendors
and then the other side finding the right spec, size, offset, width, hub bore, etc (i.e tons of jdm rims may fit, get hub rings, but a lot of folks wouldn't want to drill out m12 -> m14)

Would love to see more 3s with different wheels. Everyone is buying the same aftermarket wheels it seems....

yeah, it's too bad...
on one side, people usually look at tesla 3 specific rims from tesla specific vendors
and then the other side finding the right spec, size, offset, width, hub bore, etc (i.e tons of jdm rims may fit, get hub rings, but a lot of folks wouldn't want to drill out m12 -> m14)

Big reveal coming from my end...soon! Different wheels for sure (hint, it's J-spec and forged). I just finished drilling them out from M12 to M14 - it's actually a lot easier (and much less concerning) than most people make it. I simply bought a (rather expensive) 5/8" reamer, attached it to a standard drill, and went away at it. Took about 45 mins for the first wheel and a whopping 10 mins each wheel thereafter once I realized there was no harm to be done. Greased it up to no end during each "ream" but it leaves a nice smooth finish inside. Just waiting on proper hub rings and lock nuts to come in by mail and then I'll swap tires on to mount on the car. Oh, and also have T-sportline springs that just came in last week awaiting for me to install them onto the car. Hopefully the springs go on this weekend!

What do you have in mind for aftermarket wheels?

It’s easy to get same wheels that you see that looks nice on someone else’s car, so that’s probably why there are so many people are buying the same looking wheels.

I have a set of Signature SV107 coming my way in a week or two that will look different and if my funds allow, I may order another set of Signature 19” track series or even one of their 2-piece SV303s that looks “different” and neapolitan (crystal burgandy barrel, brushed faces, and black hardware) than the same vanilla wheels you see on this thread.

Last edited:
What do you have in mind for aftermarket wheels?

Signature wheels are great looking wheels that I love to see on our cars. I just grow tired of seeing T Sportlines or stock wheels powder coated. I personally ordered some Volks 4 months ago but it would be cool to see more people trying different things like some Advan Gt's or any Advans really, SSR or maybe some Enkei Rpf1s (super light wheels) or HRE's if people are willing to spend the money. TSW makes a lot of really good and affordable wheels.
I just see a ton of people spending 1500+ for the same wheels and I'm not sure if they simply buy them because they like them? (which is fine)
They don't want to spend 2500k plus on wheels (which is also fine)
or they just don't know what other wheels are out there.
I understand a lot of people don't come from a car/ tuner background so it would be cool to see some people experiment with something new and post them on here.

For Sale! *Lightly Used*
Rims: Brixton Wheels RF7 in Satin Black
Size: 20x9 / 20x10.5
Condition: Lightly used. No curb rashes or dents.
Fitment: Non Performance and Performance Model 3

Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Size: 245/35/20 | 285/30/20
Condition: ~1000 miles (most likely less)

Tire pressure sensors installed, mounted and balanced.

A new setup runs close to $5000 + tax and shipping for everything listed.
SOLD

DSC04808.JPG
DSC04807.JPG
DSC04806.JPG
DSC04786.JPG
DSC04780.JPG

Last edited:
Signature wheels are great looking wheels that I love to see on our cars. I just grow tired of seeing T Sportlines or stock wheels powder coated. I personally ordered some Volks 4 months ago but it would be cool to see more people trying different things like some Advan Gt's or any Advans really, SSR or maybe some Enkei Rpf1s (super light wheels) or HRE's if people are willing to spend the money. TSW makes a lot of really good and affordable wheels.
I just see a ton of people spending 1500+ for the same wheels and I'm not sure if they simply buy them because they like them? (which is fine)
I understand a lot of people don't come from a car/ tuner background so it would be cool to see some people experiment with something new and post them on here.

The Model 3 is probably the most expensive car that most people have purchased and people debate if they can even afford to purchase a winter tire/wheel setup. So a majority of people are going to spend the least possible for a nice set of wheels either cast or hybrid/rotary forged without thinking too much about strength, weight, and performance.

It would be great to see some HRE, ADV.1, Volks, etc., but I don’t see too many people paying $10K/set here on TMC like you see on the Porsche or R8 forums.

Reactions: pkalhan
The Model 3 is probably the most expensive car that most people have purchased and people debate if they can even afford to purchase a winter tire/wheel setup. So a majority of people are going to spend the least possible for a nice set of wheels either cast or hybrid/rotary forged without thinking too much about strength, weight, and performance.

It would be great to see some HRE, ADV.1, Volks, etc., but I don’t see too many people paying $10K/set here on TMC like you see on the Porsche or R8 forums.
In addition, unless a manufacturer has wheels with the proper fitment/clearances/etc., it can take a while for them to offer wheels for a new model.

I'm a fan of Rays/Volk wheels. They offer a lot of great quality, lightweight forged wheels for a decent price. I would have bought another set but they didn't offer much for the 3 when I was looking.

Didn’t want to spend 8k+ on a set of hre’s. 2.5k is about as much as I’d want to spend...so I got set of vs forged. First Set of vs forged I’ve ever bought. So far I haven’t seen any other 20” brushed titanium VS08 yet.

Reactions: pkalhan
For Sale! *Lightly Used*
Rims: Brixton Wheels RF7 in Satin Black
Size: 20x9 / 20x10.5
Condition: Lightly used. No curb rashes or dents.
Fitment: Non Performance and Performance Model 3

Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Size: 245/35/20 | 285/30/20
Condition: ~1000 miles (most likely less)

Tire pressure sensors installed, mounted and balanced.

A new setup runs close to $5000 + tax and shipping for everything listed.
Selling for $3500 shipped in continental US. Only 1 set.

View attachment 416350

Is this car lowered is does the 20” fill the wheel gap as shown? Ever have 19”s