Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3M Crystalline tint with 19 Gloss Black TS rims

20180604_153821.jpg

Reactions: Ocelot and kbecks13
Tsportline-

Figured this might be something you guys know-

How wide a tire could you put on the model 3 without rubbing or anything? 8.5" rim will hold a 255, but is there enough clearance for it both front/back?

For that matter could you get a 265/40-18 on an 18x9 wheel and not run into problems? That's same overall wheel/tire diameter as stock and it'd add a nice amount of useful rubber traction-wise.

Seems to me that you'd want to go in the other direction. +45 mm is more offset which would cause the wheels to be tucked in more. I went with +35mm on my set (19×8.5) to move them out just slightly.

It's what I already have from my other car. Just wanted to know if anyone else had a +45mm offset so I could get a better idea. I think it should be fine since the factory is +40mm.

Has anyone gone the Tesla route for their aftermarket 20’s yet? We’ve all seen Franz setup and I’m planning something similar with mine, but I’d love to see them on mounted on a different colored car that’s not lowered.
I just ordered mine yesterday, AWD with the performance package which comes with 20's. Will post pics when I get it.

Reactions: Drax
1. Tesla 20" Sport can only be bought from the online Tesla store.
2. It's not staggered #boo
2. The wheel set has to be delivered & installed at a Service Center. Not sure if labor is a freebie.
3. In addition to the wheel set, the 20" Wheel & Tire package comes with 2 upper fore arm links for the rear suspension.
4. Here's the kicker: Tesla will charge almost 4 hours of labor to install these fore arm links. Pic below. So expect to spend another $400-500 in unforeseen labor charges.

View attachment 298783
Is #4 true for the AWD option with performance package also?

Is #4 true for the AWD option with performance package also?

The regular AWD doesn't offer a performance package- just the regular choice of 18 or 19 inch wheels. If you want the 20s you have to order it separately and it's as described.

The P offers one, but in that case the 20s come from the factory so the arms would've been put on when the car was built.