Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Voltron_M3, looks amazing. How is the fitment of the ikon lip?.

What side mirror covers are you using?. Thanks

Thank you. The fitment is almost spot on. Only issue was the driver side nearest the wheel well is about 1/8in from being flush. I just doubled up on the 3M tape. So far it's been holding up. The mirrors are an Amazon find. They were $60 plus 5% off Prime delivery. They are listed as actual CF and not abs which is true. That being said fitment is 8/10. One area on the passenger side where it wraps into the mirror was short exposing some paint.

These enkei ts10 are 19.6lbs, 2 lbs less than stock 18's
10-20% range loss is inaccurate
range should be the same or maybe increased

This. My car also came with the 19" Sport wheels (free upgrade) so weight savings is even more. I weighed both sets and the Enkei's are 6lbs lighter (wheel and tire) compared to the 19's.

Finally got my wheels mounted.
Volk TE37 Ultra Track Edition 2
19x9.5 squared on 265/35/19

3DEF69FE-1B46-4A26-A45A-895A0EF09999.jpeg
D67AC5C6-8619-455C-8E22-D17B990D50D3.jpeg
CFE1EA03-E87C-4E63-AC5D-B3CE0C82B6DE.jpeg

Nice! You had to drill the studs to 14mm yes? Is there a lot of clearance in the rear brakes? I’m looking at 19x9.5 sqr set up volks as well for my performance. Also what sideskirt is that?

You’ll have to drill to 15mm to fit 14mm studs. No issue with brake clearance. Also carbon fiber side skirts are part of Vorsteiner’s volta aero kit.

I'm curious, if the Tesla sport wheels were fully forged instead of rotary forged, how much weight savings would there be for both the 19 (at 25lbs) and the 20 (at 29lbs)?

It seems to me that the biggest factor in weight savings is the mass of the spokes. So i'm curious how the science works and how much weight savings is gained when metal is fully forged.

#randomthoughts

Still overpriced with Promo or Sale by about $1000. Looks same as any other brands you mentioned. Forged 19 inch now comes around $2000 your hubcentric wheel around that price is enticing still overpriced for street use buyers.

I think you are misinformed. These $2000 wheels you are referring to, whether they are VMR, Vorsteiner, TSportline, etc are not fully forged wheels. They are flow formed or flow forged so they are often misrepresented as fully forged wheels. Flow formed wheels are nowhere near as strong as fully forged which is why they are so cheap. There are nice videos by Rays and Titan 7 that show the process of making fully forged wheels. Not that flow formed wheels are bad. They are fine for the street, but I wouldn’t use anything but a fully forged wheel on the track. To my knowledge, Titan 7 makes the least expensive fully forged 19” wheel which runs about $2700. My fully forged Rays Engineering Volk G25 were about $5500. 90% of the wheels shown in this thread are not fully forged wheels.

I think you are misinformed. These $2000 wheels you are referring to, whether they are VMR, Vorsteiner, TSportline, etc are not fully forged wheels. They are flow formed or flow forged so they are often misrepresented as fully forged wheels. Flow formed wheels are nowhere near as strong as fully forged which is why they are so cheap. There are nice videos by Rays and Titan 7 that show the process of making fully forged wheels. Not that flow formed wheels are bad. They are fine for the street, but I wouldn’t use anything but a fully forged wheel on the track. To my knowledge, Titan 7 makes the least expensive fully forged 19” wheel which runs about $2700. My fully forged Rays Engineering Volk G25 were about $5500. 90% of the wheels shown in this thread are not fully forged wheels.

VS Forged are a monoblock forged wheel...not flow formed. My 20” VS08’s were about $2500. I ran volk ce28n’s on my wrx 15yrs ago and for the life of me cant remember how much I paid lol.

Last edited:

The MPP car runs flow formed wheels and the record holder model 3 at laguna seca runs flow formed wheels. Flow formed wheels can be track worthy as long as they are quality wheels.

Enkei RPF1 are flow formed and pretty much a fixture on many fast club racer/time attack cars out there.