Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems I saw a bunch of Model S vehicles with staggard wheels, yet I have not heard ANYONE putting them on their Model 3. Some 10" wide wheels should fit on the back, and I can keep my Aero rims for Snow tires. Am I the only one who wants to treat my 3 as a cheap S that doesn't overheat when racing?

-Randy
The Model 3 very much prefers square wheels. Confirmed to be by design (IIRC Randy Pobst talked about it from inside info he was given during the testing work he did for Tesla), and seen by people in practice. More rubber on the rear immediately leads to understeer tendency.

KWv3 Coilovers
Mountain Pass Performance Rotors BBK
Mountain Pass Performance Track Pads
Ray's Volk TE37 Ultra Track Ed V2 19x9.5 +35 Squared
Ray's Racing Lug nuts
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/35

te37.jpg

Will a 19x10.5 +45 fit the rear of an LR RWD?

With non performance Brakes in other words the thicker rotor hats that's actually the perfect size. 40 mm offset would probably have too much poke out. And you could get away with 50 mm with the thicker rotor hats.

20190626_195809.jpg
this car has the thinner performance rotor hats at the rear and a 45 mm offset vorsteiner 10.5

Reactions: T3SLAROD
I just went to TireRack.com and ordered whatever I wanted. I didn't even take the correct size, after I read some suggestions on getting slightly wider tires, ended up saving a bundle as the Perrelli winter tires I got were on sale in the slightly off size. If I hadn't been mousing around I never would have found the price. I fear I took the last 4 of the $149/tire Sottozeros on sale last month.

I still have to get them mounted when winter weather starts here, but I should just be able to go to the Tire Rack recommended shop Wheel Works (or Big Discount Tire Pros the ONLY tire shop in Alameda or Costco, since I am a member.)

Anyone ever heard of "Liquid Metal" wheels?
Any idea if they're a reputable wheel brand?

Anyone have experience about them either way?
A buddy of mine put them on his new performance. 20’s with Michelin all seasons in 245/35-20 were around $1600. They look nice, are cheap and not insanely heavy. 28lbs for 20’s. He bought his at Discount Tire.

Reactions: Colgate2004
Well, like the title says i'm interested in seeing what different wheels people are throwing on their model 3's. If you have some aftermarket wheels, or have seen some in the wild, post a picture of what you got!
Well, like the title says i'm interested in seeing what different wheels people are throwing on their model 3's. If you have some aftermarket wheels, or have seen some in the wild, post a picture of what you got!

Attachments

• 84352663-693A-4139-A021-1D120CE290B1.jpeg
    84352663-693A-4139-A021-1D120CE290B1.jpeg
    763.5 KB · Views: 347
  • 2C9C115A-9EE1-4933-A7EB-E5A2DD133576.jpeg
    2C9C115A-9EE1-4933-A7EB-E5A2DD133576.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 319
Reactions: JenniferH
New to wheel stuff, anybody know good after market 20" wheels that will fit stock OEM tires for my P3D+ besides the obvious known ones like tsportline, evwheelsdirect, etc? I wanna get some new wheels but not have to get new tires lol

if you read through the thread there are 95 pages of suggestions :p. But seriously there are a lot of options out there. depending on what you’re looking for and how much you’re looking to spend...can help narrow down some suggestions. If running stock tires, probably want either stock spec 20x8.5 or 20x9. There’s off the shelf specs or you can go custom spec.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
A buddy of mine put them on his new performance. 20’s with Michelin all seasons in 245/35-20 were around $1600. They look nice, are cheap and not insanely heavy. 28lbs for 20’s. He bought his at Discount Tire.
Excellent, good to know. I got the 18x8s (26lbs) for my snow tires... $533 wheels and lug nuts only, also from Discount Tire (I got a set of Hakka R3s separately).