Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The necessity of hubcentric rings is pretty much a myth. Not using them is completely fine. If someone doesn't know how to torque down the lugs correctly, or can't be bothered to take the extra minute then I guess they can help, but I wouldn't worry about not using them for a second.

• Disagree
Reactions: dfwatt
HRE FF01 Liquid Silver

20x9.5 +35 255/30/20
20x10.5 +45 275/30/20

Tires: Michelin 4s
Suspension: Eibach springs

20200321_122643_20200322122137112(1).jpg

20200321_121924.jpg

After 32k miles (with 3-4 mm left) on my oem MXM4s I went with the AS 3+ and America's Tire in Santa Clara. They were great, patient, helpful, quick/on-time, and fun. They waited on the phone 30 minutes to talk to a Michelin rep and was able to prorate my MXM4s for $55/tire! This is my first time with them, will definitely go back.

As for the AS 3+, I'll give you a 1-5 comparison, where 3 is equal to the MXM4s, 1 is worse and 5 is better than.

The AS 3+ is a good looking tire (4). Definitely more aggressive looking than the MXM4s (5). Has a nice lip to protect the rim (5) (wish I had these on day 1 since it took me 4 hours to rash my first rim). Comfort-wise they feel pretty good (3), a little less harsh than my MXM4s but that's expected since they have full tread. Grip-wise, they're much, much better (5). Cornering they feel much sturdier (5). When rolling they're a bit noisier, noticeably, but not terrible (2). However, over bumps and cracks, they sound more muted (4). As for range hit, I've only done about 100 miles since we're in Shelter at Home mode so I'm not driving my normal paths, but they're definitely worse (1.5 - 2). Hopefully not terrible. With my MXM4s on my LR RWD I got an average of 230 wh/mi over 32k miles, mostly in freeway traffic. With these, I'm guessing it'll climb up to ~280-300 wh/mi. I'll update once I get more miles into it.

Hope this helps. Stay safe and healthy.

I await your feedback on range. I'm at 22k miles. My tires are still good, but I'm not going to wait until the last moment to replace them. I'm looking for a good tire, but don't want a huge hit to range.