Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dmurphy any updates? Have you seen any range hit?

Good morning!

Yes - definitely a range hit. I'm seeing about a 5-7% range hit give or take switching to the 19s. That's coming from the 18" w/ Aero cover, so not unexpected. Right about where I figured it would be - no better or worse than the OEM 19" wheels & tires.

I'm still thrilled with the tires - they look great, handle extremely well, inspire confidence in dry and wet conditions both. Haven't had them in snow yet but that's gonna be a while... LOL.

So far, really pleased with them!

• Helpful
Reactions: XLR82XS
As I posted earlier, after switching to the Michelin AS3+ my efficiency got worse, from 235 wh/mi to 267 wh/mi, but the computer still shows 310 miles when fully charged. However, in actuality I can only get about 240 miles with 8% remaining.

I'll drive 100 actual miles and the computer shows ~130 miles consumed. Tesla says there's no way to re-calibrate what the computer shows.

I'm going to try the Michelin Primacy Tour AS. America's Tire was gracious enough to give me full credit back for my AS3+. I love these guys!

I missed it you had 21s on there. That's pretty radical! How's the ride and handling? I assume you have a coilover kit too? How much do those wheels weigh?

I’m on MPP comfort coilovers. I’ll have to weigh them when I swap them out next time unless Jamie from Signature Wheels has the specs. I’ll message him to see if he weighed them before sending to me. The tires are 23.5 lbs and 28.3 lbs respectively, so when I swap out to my next set of mag blue TE37 Ultras in 19.5x9.5 et +34, I’ll get a weight. Teaser pics of my next set. I ordered these last fall and when COVID hit they were delayed and I just got them after a 9 month wait. Was gonna go to some car shows, but they’ve been cancelled for obvious reasons.

Attachments

• FF0F18A1-855F-4EC2-B3C1-C89E322AE6A0.jpeg
    FF0F18A1-855F-4EC2-B3C1-C89E322AE6A0.jpeg
    491.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 91F56298-5301-498E-BE75-02A97F983350.jpeg
    91F56298-5301-498E-BE75-02A97F983350.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 157
I missed it you had 21s on there. That's pretty radical! How's the ride and handling? I assume you have a coilover kit too? How much do those wheels weigh?

Jamie responded and the wheels are 25.9 and 27.1 lbs. The MPS4S tires are 23.5 and 28.4 lbs. Not the lightest setup but considering the multipiece hardware, they are light compared to cast or rotary forged wheels.

Reactions: dfwatt
Jamie responded and the wheels are 25.9 and 27.1 lbs. The MPS4S tires are 23.5 and 28.4 lbs. Not the lightest setup but considering the multipiece hardware, they are light compared to cast or rotary forged wheels.

Yes those 21 in rims are pretty radical. They look great but I would not drive that car in New York City or for that matter any place on the East Coast! Not Without Wheel and Tire Grants in any case! I'm nervous about even just 20 inch forged rims with 265 / 30s in front. Although I suspect that even though they have very slightly less sidewall than the stock OEM 235 / 35 tires, that extra tire size may protect the rim. Or at least that's my hope!:eek:

Last edited:
I’m on MPP comfort coilovers. I’ll have to weigh them when I swap them out next time unless Jamie from Signature Wheels has the specs. I’ll message him to see if he weighed them before sending to me. The tires are 23.5 lbs and 28.3 lbs respectively, so when I swap out to my next set of mag blue TE37 Ultras in 19.5x9.5 et +34, I’ll get a weight. Teaser pics of my next set. I ordered these last fall and when COVID hit they were delayed and I just got them after a 9 month wait. Was gonna go to some car shows, but they’ve been cancelled for obvious reasons.

Love the Mag Blue. It took 4 months for my TE's to get here that I ordered last Dec. With that being said I'm already looking at a different set of wheels.

IMG_20200708_172213_854.jpg

Yes those 21 in rims are pretty radical. They look great but I would not drive that car in New York City or for that matter any place on the East Coast! Not Without Wheel and Tire Grants in any case! I'm nervous about even just 20 inch forged rims with 265 / 30s in front. Although I suspect that even though they have very slightly less sidewall than the stock OEM 235 / 35 tires, that extra tire size may protect the rim. Or at least that's my hope!:eek:

Yeah, it’s pretty sketchy with such a low profile tire. I take wider right hand turns into driveways now just to make sure the front wheels are perpendicular to the lip on driveways. I have less than 2” of sidewall (probably about 1.5”). Luckily, the work crews have been busy resurfacing the roads I take to and from work over the past couple of months. The 21’s do look better in person than the pics show. The detail and finish of the SV305S are so intricate.

Yeah, it’s pretty sketchy with such a low profile tire. I take wider right hand turns into driveways now just to make sure the front wheels are perpendicular to the lip on driveways. I have less than 2” of sidewall (probably about 1.5”). Luckily, the work crews have been busy resurfacing the roads I take to and from work over the past couple of months. The 21’s do look better in person than the pics show. The detail and finish of the SV305S are so intricate.

So those are signature forged wheels correct? I'm almost afraid to ask how much they cost

I just had the A/S 3+ put on our LR AWD and they feel miles above better than the MXM4, terrific in rain as well.

My first Model 3 had the MXM4, terrible on wet. I had the 20" OEM Sports 4s AC... now with A/S 3+, I felt very loud, my own fault since I got a wider wheel... so from 235mm I am at 255mm wide now. I am considering changing to a lower noise tire like Primacy Tour A/S or Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S ... how's your experience so far with A/3 3+?

I dropped from the OEM 20" wheels (28.75 lbs per wheel) / Pilot Sport 4S tire set up to an 18" Titan7 T-S5 wheel (18.3 lbs per wheel) with the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. Staying close to the speed limit and flow of traffic, I've actually been able to get under 212 Wh/mi. I can't remember what my lifetime average was, because all that information was lost after my HW3 upgrade....

Hey man, I also did that but I made the HUGE mistake (I was sold) to get a wider wheel, I got the 19" 9" wide... and now I regret a lot but I don't think I have options with the wheels since Evasive won't take back once installed... as tires wise I felt A/S 3+ too loud, specially between 79-86 mph ... so loud that you would think was something wrong with car... So I am wondering if a Primacy Tour A/S or Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S would be better option, still have some says before asking Americas Tire to change with their 30 day return. Any opinion is appreciated.

After about 1000 miles on the AS 3+ my average Wh/mi is 265, about a 15% hit from the MXM4s, both @ 47 PSI. And I still notice the increased noise.

Yea, I came from the 20" OEM Pilot Sport 4S AC and I am feeling a lot of humming noise and vibrations when 79-86 mph... very frustrating and not sure if I should try other tires.