Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Idk what to say, I wrote what I meant and nothing about what I wrote is false.

Is (open) design a big factor for range change? Yes
Is that bigger than the influence of weight? Yes

Is weight a bigger factor for 0-60 times than wheel design? Yes

not sure how much clearer can this be written.

“aerodynamic properties of the wheel play massive role in highway / fast speed efficiency. ”

“Massive role” is not the same as “massive range”. It just means that between weight and aerodynamic... small aerodynamic change has much bigger effect than even few lbs change.

You said that wheel aerodynamics have a "massive role" in relationship to efficiency on the highway. Again 10 to 12% is not massive. It's tough when you make a statement that is really hype and you're called on it. In any case let's move on.

Last edited:
I posted a separate thread but also letting those who follow this one know that APEX is releasing a direct fit forged version of their EC-7 wheels for the Model 3. Email Cory at APEX if you're interested: [email protected]. They're not released yet but are coming soon. APEX sells similarly sized versions of this rim for BMW fitment for $655. I told Cory i'd spread the word as i'm excited for these to come out (a wide, high-quality 18" forged rim)!

Sweet! Apex was my go-to wheel back in my BMW days. Glad they are coming around to Tesla.

According to tirerack it will not, but it will fit on a 2018 LR awd, but I thought that these two cars were the same in terms of wheel size and tires. Any know if these will work?

The Performance has bigger brakes. Some wheel will not fit the Performance, like the Aero wheels.

EDIT:
Oh, Performance Stealth. Yeah that will fit. Sites wouldn't know about Performance Stealth because it's not a real trim.

Reactions: P-Lo801
(moderator note: We have received a few reports from this thread, and when I reviewed them, they were users having disagreements with each other. From what I saw, nothing rose to something that would have necessitated moderator action (even with the reports).

I would like to remind people that its ok for people to disagree, and sometimes the best discussions come about because people are passionate about some topic or other. Personal attacks are not Ok, but I dont mind disagreements as long as the tone remains civil.

This is now a 152 page thread, so there is obviously passion to discuss aftermarket wheels / rims on model 3s, and there is passion around the technical aspects of setup, weight, etc etc.

Just a reminder to keep things civil, but wanted to reiterate that disagreement is ok as long as it remains civil. I am also posting to publicly respond to why I didnt take any action on the few reports we received from this thread.

If something escalates or is a personal attack, please feel free to report it and we will take a look and address accordingly.

Thanks)

Just got my Brixton Forged RF-7 staggered set up
68940183-4665-4118-AF68-1380AC7785D3.jpeg
541E3100-AE2A-428D-B561-AC1EF83FA94C.jpeg

Looks awesome!! Please post more pictures and can you also list your suspension and aero mods?
Thanks
Here are a few more photos that I took earlier today.... list of mods:
H&R lowering springs
Aero mod: Full Vorsteiner Volta Aero Program. Full kit includes: front lip, side skirts, larger rear spoiler and rear diffuser (track edition). All work was performed by Vibe Motorsports in Burbank, CA
IMG_0229.jpeg
IMG_0228.jpeg
IMG_0236.jpeg

H&R lowering springs
Aero mod: Full Vorsteiner Volta Aero Program. Full kit includes: front lip, side skirts, larger rear spoiler and rear diffuser (track edition). All work was performed by Vibe Motorsports in Burbank, CA View attachment 623417View attachment 623418 View attachment 623419

can you please tell me how low your front bumper is to the ground? Wondering if it’s too low or not. How’s the H&r springs anyways?

Hi Mike, the front lip is 4” from the ground.... driving around Los Angeles streets for the most part has not been an issue at all however I’ve had some issues with a number of driveway aprons. I’m going to be installing Sliplo on the front lip to remedy that problem this week. The H&R springs have been pretty good thus far (its only been 3 days). During regular driving I find them to be more forgiving than the stock springs.... during “spirited” driving definitely stiffer and feel more controlled.

Hi Mike, the front lip is 4” from the ground.... driving around Los Angeles streets for the most part has not been an issue at all however I’ve had some issues with a number of driveway aprons. I’m going to be installing Sliplo on the front lip to remedy that problem this week. The H&R springs have been pretty good thus far (its only been 3 days). During regular driving I find them to be more forgiving than the stock springs.... during “spirited” driving definitely stiffer and feel more controlled.

thank you, my last car was lowered on coilovers and had a full lip kit, was thinking of doing the same with this car but probably going H&r, the lip kit is ordered already so I’m hoping it’s the same height as my previous car and not any lower.

thank you, my last car was lowered on coilovers and had a full lip kit, was thinking of doing the same with this car but probably going H&r, the lip kit is ordered already so I’m hoping it’s the same height as my previous car and not any lower.
Very good. H&R springs are said to lower by 1.2” so that should help figure where you’ll be after install... I”m also told that over time the springs tend to settle a slight bit lower.

H&R lowering springs
Aero mod: Full Vorsteiner Volta Aero Program. Full kit includes: front lip, side skirts, larger rear spoiler and rear diffuser (track edition). All work was performed by Vibe Motorsports in Burbank, CA View attachment 623417View attachment 623418 View attachment 623419

Were you happy with Vibe? Will be looking to lower my M3P soon. Contemplating diving out to Eibach and having them do it.