Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, I run a M3P in an area that gets lots of ice and is often very cold which affects my range, and my battery is close to zero on one particular drive I do twice a month during the winter.

I'd like to purchase an 18inch winter wheel set that will fit the brakes of an M3P, but is light, and ideally can still accept aero covers. Willing to spend a decent amount to get lighter wheels, but I don't care about saving 1/16 of an ounce for an extra $500/wheel either.

I'm new to this, so I would definitely appreciate your recommendations both on wheels, and the best places to contact about wheels that fit the need above.

Here are some details and initial impressions

New- Martian Wheels MW03 18x7.5 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 TO 235/45R18. Combined weight 44.2 pounds
OE - Aero wheels 18x8.5 with Michelin Primacy MXM4 235/45R18. Combined weight 46.8

So with a savings of about 2.6 pounds at each corner on the new wheel sets I have almost 200 miles. I know not enough to make definitive conclusions but a few things did strike me. The driving was about 20% curvy country roads, 70% highway, and 10% city. I didn't push anything in fact I would say I never went beyond 60% of my comfort or ability. I immediately noticed better turn-in and more predictability on curves. It may not have been as precise as other cars I've had (my benchmark is the Lotus Elise I wish I never sold!) but it didn't feel wobbly at all. On the highway the new set was as quiet as the old and surprisingly things like expansion joints were even quieter and not as jarring. I didn't notice any immediate change in efficiency but I don't think that was a sufficient distance to draw conclusions.

As I gain confidence in them and put on more miles I will share more impressions and data. Initially though, i don't think going with the 7.5 width has made any big difference and may make the driving more comfortable. I'll let you know when I get the nerve up to 80 or 90 percent comfort level :)

Below are some pictures. May not fill out the wheel well but i like the look and I think the offset pushing them out a bit is an improvement.
View attachment 688067View attachment 688068View attachment 688069View attachment 688070
What's the offset of this wheel?

Picked up my 3 LR over the weekend and installed staggered gray Tsportline TST 20" with the Falken tires they offer.

The rears are so wide! Now I'm thinking body-colored mud flaps on the back to keep the side bumper from getting rock chips. The ride is pretty decent for such low profile tires (and I live in an area with bad roads).

Attachments

• my Tsportline TST.JPG
    my Tsportline TST.JPG
    946.1 KB · Views: 676
I am looking at Model 3 Performance options for nice CA weather (some seasonal rain) to increase commute range over the 20" Überturbine with a better wheel set and tire, without sacrificing performance for Highway 1 spirited driving weekends.

Scanning this master thread mentions a few examples of going from 20" wheels to either 18" or 19" wheels plus lower rolling resistant tires are helping drop 300+ Wh/m averages to around 250 Wh/mi?

Is this true? Who has firm data on their improved M3 Performance setup?

Last edited:
Has anyone put these 19" RTX Spider wheels on a model 3? They look identical to the Tsportsline TSS wheels, but those don't come in silver at 19".

I'm having trouble choosing between these and Replika R241 in grey to go on my black M3. I've heard from lots of people that use the R241's, but can't find anyone that's used the RTX Spiders and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that.

I've been trying to find this out myself.