Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, thanks. I found the thread for 2021.11 (2021.11.x Firmware) and we are missing a few things from 2021.24, like Disney+ and the car wash mode. People think that the 2021.11 is some kind of factory firmware that will eventually merge with the main line, but there are people in that thread that have had this version for a while. We won't get the new features for some time, it seems. :(

Someone mentioned in that thread that Tesla is working on adding waypoints to navigation. When I saw that you would get routed through superchargers along the way in a long trip, I guess I assumed that you could have waypoints. That is something I would very much like added to navigation.
There is supposedly a lot of good features coming, but like anything with Tesla and Elon Musk “two weeks“ is about the same as “two weeks to slow the spread” aka it’s gonna be a while 😄 For the record I’m still on 2021.3.106.5, which is what it was when I picked up the car week ago.

Reactions: Extant and ss71
A8392FF0-66C2-41A9-8466-079576F6F9BE.jpeg

For the record here’s a picture of the air intake on my August 2021 build date M3 LR. There is no screen or filter. There is foam around the edges obviously though.

Dropped off our 3 week old M3LR at the SC in Dublin, CA for some issues, listed below. We were really expecting Uber credits and not a loaner for the duration. Upon arrival, Service Advisor had already ordered an Uber ride to the nearest Enterprise Car Rental, surprise! We went over all the issues and hopped in the Uber to head to Enterprise. They already had the reservation, just showed ID and credit card. We were prepared to leave with an ICE car (ugh), but low and behold, they pulled up with a 2018 Model S 75D!!! Yeah, that makes leaving our 2021 in the shop a little less painful. Our Tesla app says estimated completion is 7/27. Overall very good experience so far.
  • Fingerprints on middle headliner, passenger side
  • Door handle too recessed, driver’s side rear door
  • Round dull paint spots, driver’s side top on rear panel and top of rear door
  • Charge port misaligned
  • Steering wheel crinkling noise when moving in and out
  • Middle console not centered, driver's seat very tight to console
Hopefully they can push out the latest firmware too, we are currently on 2021.3.103.
Was curious how your visit went, in particular, the middle console not centered issue. I have the same issue and was wondering if they fixed it for you. Thanks!

View attachment 708411

For the record here’s a picture of the air intake on my August 2021 build date M3 LR. There is no screen or filter. There is foam around the edges obviously though.
That foam and surround around the intake is missing on mine....boo. Thanks for the pic!

Here's mine:

Attachments

• IMG_3781.jpeg
    IMG_3781.jpeg
    608 KB · Views: 127
Ive had my T3 performance for 1 week and noticed today some blemishes on the passengers door near the window on the drivers side. It looks n feels like its under the clear coat . I spoke to Tesla today and the rep from Calif. said someone from my dealer the was ordered from would contact me. Has anyone had such an issue? Know there have been paint problems so anyone that has had an issue with a new car please let me know if there's anything I should know or be concerned with this issue. Thanks in advance for any help I receive. I hoping this will be taken care of thru the dealer

Hi there,

I got my T3 LR+ last monday. Washed the car and waxed it. While doing it, I noticed the car's build quality is rather poor. Have owned quite a few cars in my life, I am not too worried about cosmetic issues. But some of the waterproofing weather strips weren't installed properly and left gaps that water can go through. See the below pictures.

653184885.646998public.jpg

This is a gap between two roof glass panels. I am wondering what happens if water gets behind it?

653184854.194309public.jpg

This is around the left bottom corner of the windshield. One can see the white body panel. The other side doesn't have this problem. Again I am more worried about what is going to happen when water gets into the gap than the bad look.

653184895.997689public.jpg

This is behind the right rear view mirror. The top of plastic panel isn't glued properly to the base forming a gap between the two.

653184862.982568public.jpg

These two panels are misaligned. The left one is higher than the right one.

Above is just several examples. Do you guys have similar issues? Will they cause water leak or rust in the end? Thanks!

Hi there,

I got my T3 LR+ last monday. Washed the car and waxed it. While doing it, I noticed the car's build quality is rather poor. Have owned quite a few cars in my life, I am not too worried about cosmetic issues. But some of the waterproofing weather strips weren't installed properly and left gaps that water can go through. See the below pictures.

View attachment 708628

This is a gap between two roof glass panels. I am wondering what happens if water gets behind it?

View attachment 708629

This is around the left bottom corner of the windshield. One can see the white body panel. The other side doesn't have this problem. Again I am more worried about what is going to happen when water gets into the gap than the bad look.

View attachment 708631

This is behind the right rear view mirror. The top of plastic panel isn't glued properly to the base forming a gap between the two.

View attachment 708632

These two panels are misaligned. The left one is higher than the right one.

Above is just several examples. Do you guys have similar issues? Will they cause water leak or rust in the end? Thanks!
I would personally be concerned with any weatherstripping not being seated properly and would ask the service center to take a look. The mirror issue we all appear to have. I mentioned earlier I may just get some super glue and then clamp it down myself overnight. That panel alignment pic looks like the rear trunk, no? That doesn't look too bad to me I think you just zoomed in so close it looks worse than reality.

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff
I would personally be concerned with any weatherstripping not being seated properly and would ask the service center to take a look. The mirror issue we all appear to have. I mentioned earlier I may just get some super glue and then clamp it down myself overnight. That panel alignment pic looks like the rear trunk, no? That doesn't look too bad to me I think you just zoomed in so close it looks worse than reality.
Yes. The panel alignment is fine. I am not too worry about it. It's very noticeable as during the delivery, someone else noticed the same problem on his car. and he looked at min and said i had the same problem. I am not too concerned as long as it just is cosmetic. i will check with tesla to see what they will say about the weatherstripping issue.

So after the 24 hours or so of excitement, here are my issues. Taking to service center in SF tomorrow (10 min drive)

1. pax mirror common trim issue
2. Steering wheel had glue/something sticky on left side. Delivery center attempted to remove but now the leather is stained. Service Advisor said they’d look at it but have already ordered a new steering wheel.
3. Driver’s side plastic trim on b-pillar looks like ass.
4. recessed rear handles.

Everything else looks good. Tbh, I probably wouldn’t have taken it in if they hadn’t messed up the steering wheel on delivery. SC being close also helps.

Love the car. Had to do the 101 today and Autopilot is so nice for traffic.

Attachments

• B2989C86-B86C-4E2E-AC13-E95789D72810.jpeg
    B2989C86-B86C-4E2E-AC13-E95789D72810.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 6666017D-1A3E-437E-A0E5-D899F38F6A62.jpeg
    6666017D-1A3E-437E-A0E5-D899F38F6A62.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 109
So after the 24 hours or so of excitement, here are my issues. Taking to service center in SF tomorrow (10 min drive)

2. Steering wheel had glue/something sticky on left side. Delivery center attempted to remove but now the leather is stained. Service Advisor said they’d look at it but have already ordered a new steering wheel.

Everything else looks good. Tbh, I probably wouldn’t have taken it in if they hadn’t messed up the steering wheel on delivery. SC being close also helps.

I also have slightly recessed rear handles but debating if I want them to address it.
What plastic trim are you referring to on the b-pillar? This is glass so maybe the delivery center didn't remove the protective film?

I also have slightly recessed rear handles but debating if I want them to address it.
What plastic trim are you referring to on the b-pillar? This is glass so maybe the delivery center didn't remove the protective film?
Should have been more specific: it’s the plastic trim inside the car outboard of the driver’s seat. Pic to follow.

I don’t care about the door handles but I’m already taking it in. I probably would not have noticed if not for TMC.

Update:

1. Pax mirror trim being replaced via mobile service next week (no part in stock at SC).
2. New steering wheel also being installed via mobile service next week.
3. internal b-pillar plastic replaced (pic of
4. Two door misalignments fixed.

Rear door handles: in spec, slight recess is for noise reduction. That’s how they are being installed now per the rep. Said the doors have changed for cars built in the last 3 months for noise abatement. Side effect is slightly recessed handles. Pic attached.
Very satisfied with the experience so far.

Attachments

• AF68B8BF-EE0B-4714-A686-B0F742997DAC.jpeg
    AF68B8BF-EE0B-4714-A686-B0F742997DAC.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 9FFAF3CC-BCCC-4F8F-8BEE-892C7765329C.jpeg
    9FFAF3CC-BCCC-4F8F-8BEE-892C7765329C.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 109