Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla friends.

I got a text this morning that it's ready to schedule delivery, I clicked on the link, it told me it can do home delivery (hooray!) and I scheduled it for Saturday.
I go into my account and it tells me that the delivery is scheduled as set but at a location 1 hour drive from me. wtf.
So I got on their chat and they told me to reply to the text since they don't have that info. I did. Nothing. They also told me that my 'advisor' will call me asap. I didn't know I had an advisor but ok cool. That was 5 hours ago. Still waiting. Then I got a follow up text reminding me to schedule my delivery (which I already did) and this time it specifically said in the text, reply to this message if you have questions. So I did, again. that was 3 hours ago. So I went to the chat again. Chat closes at 3PM PST. FFS! All I wanted is to clarify the delivery location. Is there a phone call I can call? Very frustrating experience. Feels more like Comcast than a modern car company.

Thanks for letting me vent.

So I took delivery of my Model 3 LR this morning. Have a small issue that will need to be dealt with via mobile tech, but nothing big enough to warrant rejecting the vehicle. I financed the vehicle through Tesla and was going to pay the final balance with a cashiers check because was not going to give them money until I could look at the car. Handed a delivery agent the signed paperwork with the cashiers check attached stated she would get it processed and stated I was good to go and could hit the accept delivery button once at home. This was at 10:20-10:30am. 1:30 PM comes around and my account still hasn't been updated reflecting final payment received to allow me to click on accept delivery. Sent off an email( they have been responsive email wise).... Crickets. Still not able to click on accept delivery.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Only issue on my car was driver side rear door handle not flush with body; it was about 1.5mm further in to body compared to other 3 handles. Service appointment took care of it today along with homelink install. Was provided a loaner, and when I picked up the car, the wiper fluid was topped off, and it was charged to 90%. I was not expecting the free charge so that’s above and beyond expectations.

Very minor issue that should not have needed to be addressed, but the issue was taken care of in under 2 hours, and a good chunk of that was the homelink install.

My only gripe with the service is that the loaner was a performance model 3 stuck in chill mode. If griping about loaner being in chill mode is the biggest issue with the service, then it was darn good service.

Picked up new Model 3 on Monday - v happy. Went to drive today and warning of flat tyre - unhappy. Checked tyre to find no dust cap and clear from corrosion on thread that there had not been one for some time - very unhappy. Coincidence that dust cap missing on very tyre there was a problem with - don't think so. Particularly as checked all round the tyre and no obvious damage from the 60 miles that it has so far travelled.

Called Tesla customer service and after being pinged between sales and Hounslow service centre was told that I would have to pay for dust cap and new tyre, but they are fully booked at the moment. I've just forked out to buy this and they can't even get someone to check it's safe and put a bloody dust cap on. Now waiting for sales to call me back as they have "never seen this before". If this is representative of aftersales I feel seriously let down. Anyone else had collection issues fixed without all of this nonsense or is this typical?

Took delivery of my Model 3 today!
My delivery experience:
Appointment was at 2 pm. When I got there I was told my car was still in detailing so it'll be around 20-30 more minutes. I waited for maybe 40 minutes and they brought the car out of detailing and then the manager went to to talk to me. Apparently the reason it was still in detailing was because they just noticed that there was a little dent on the door sill on the driver's side and they were trying to get it fixed. It looks like a piece of metal fell on it and made a small circular dent. He said it wasn't noticed before because it's not visible when the door is closed. He asked me if I will reject delivery because of it. He said if I am ok with it, I can just book a service appointment and it'll get fixed in 3-4 days and that I will get a loaner. Since it's not visible, and I don't wanna wait another 2 months for another LR MSM to come to Canada, I said it was fine. If it'll get fixed anyway it's not that big of a deal. Other than that, the car was pretty much perfect. I spent almost an hour looking over everything and after everything was signed, I drove off. My odometer was 4 km (2.5 mi) which is pretty low I think (how far is the factory from the truck loading area?) The car also came with the latest software version.

View attachment 672874

I took delivery Friday via third party (TN —> MS) but they failed to include the Remote Charger. I called and the Brentwood, TN location said they’d ship me one.

In the meantime, since I’m having to pay for super chargering, should I call and ask if they can credit me some super charger miles?

Ultimately I know this is (for the customer) a question of how much one is willing to accept, and I know from a Tesla perspective there's some sort of real measurement involved... but my SC is clear on the other side of town for me, and to be honest, I'm looking for some anecdotal input from other owners who've had to deal with it.. you know, feedback like "I had a gap twice as bad, they told me to deal with it" or "dude, that gap is nothing, stop fretting over it", those types of community input to make me either feel better (or worse) about my situation before I decide if it's worth a drive over there just to have someone whip out the measuring device to tell me either way.

Maybe part of my concern is that I've heard the horror stories of how long you can be without your ride if they do deem it worthy of a correction and take it into the shop.. I have no idea what's involved in the construction of this roof pillar or how involved an 'adjustment' might be. :/

The seam on my drivers side roof pillar seems.. funky. Right where the trunk hinges open.. but it doesn't appear the trunk is 'low', it seems the drivers side roof is.. 'high'... attached are photos from side and back, along with the passengers side for reference.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Attachments

• roofgap-2.png
    roofgap-2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 234
  • roofgap-1.png
    roofgap-1.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 167
This has been an absolute mess since the day I ordered. Today was my delivery day, but the car is still sitting on the lot in Ottawa. Sent tesla 20k last Wednesday, and I was told Thursday everything was good and that the financing documents would be in to accept soon. Still no financing documents. At noon today they updated with financing documents that were not near the terms I had agreed to. Different bank, higher rate, no trade in (they have my vehicle), and wanting an additional 9k in downpayment. Still haven't been able to talk to a human being at Tesla yet, and my "rep" is not answering any correspondence. Meanwhile I have the auto delivery company calling me all day trying to figure out if they can dispatch someone tomorrow to pick it up.

Does anyone know Tesla lease return policy? I am 6 days into my lease and really not happy with the regenerative braking. When i test drove the car you could lower it and i loved that. I was unaware they were removing this feature on the 2021's. I reached out to my SA about possibly putting me in a 2020, he has yet to respond of course.

Does anyone know Tesla lease return policy? I am 6 days into my lease and really not happy with the regenerative braking. When i test drove the car you could lower it and i loved that. I was unaware they were removing this feature on the 2021's. I reached out to my SA about possibly putting me in a 2020, he has yet to respond of course.
You might be able to do a lease transfer to someone else, not sure what they have for a return policy.

Day two of my delivery window. Tesla called me late last night to explain they had made a "documentation error" and that everything would be solved first thing in the morning. The shipping company was updated with the information and I went to bed. Nothing was fixed this morning. Went through the whole day without a single update from my tesla rep. Just got a new financing offer and this one is still showing with an amount owing (I already gave them a 20k downpayment). Looks like they are still having issues, going to need to pull my credit report soon to make sure they haven't done any damage.

if Tesla lease change doesn’t work, could try: Lease transfer eligibility check | Swapalease.com

After getting used to properly handling regen braking, I wouldn’t go back to “low”. One pedal driving is wonderful. Just learn to not lift up your foot all the way like in an ice car. Regulate it.

Last edited: