Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a M3LR yesterday and I reported some issues to the SA. She told me I could have them work on the issues then or schedule for a later time. I opted to schedule for a later date and I’ve done so for the issues I had already told her about. I was wondering, since I found a few more defects under the 100 mile limit, how do I report more via the Tesla app. Seems I can only schedule one service at a time. Can I email or call someone? Who do I call, since I don’t know who my specific SA is?
There is no mileage limit. They are well aware that Tesla HQ is dumping QC issues onto the service center to make numbers and bogus inflated stock prices. I have 1400 miles on my car and they took care of it. Took 6 weeks to get a service appt. Tampa center is a joke and overwhelmed like many around the Country with all of these delivery issues they have to resolve.

Anyone who just picked up a 3 notice it makes a creaking sound when moving very slowly? I was testing out Summon the other day (sorta accidentally subscribed to FSD for a month, but whatever, let's call it my b-day gift. Lol) and it made these creaking sounds when creeping forward. I'm assuming those will go away as I put more miles on the car?

Do you have aero caps on? I noticed a slight creaking noise like when backing out of the garage with my windows open, it's the aero hubcaps. I took mine off and don't hear that noise anymore

• Helpful
Reactions: Extant
Do you have aero caps on? I noticed a slight creaking noise like when backing out of the garage with my windows open, it's the aero hubcaps. I took mine off and don't hear that noise anymore
We have the creaking too but only on front passenger side. The aero cap was lose so we popped it back in. Wonder if I remove it completely then put it back on if that helps

Reactions: Extant and hcdavis3
So I didn't go through this entire thread, but is it a general rule of thumb that the odds of getting a car with significant enough issues to warrant a service appointment is higher if you take receive a vehicle built towards the end of the quarter versus if you take delivery of a vehicle built near the beginning of a new quarter? Or is it truly a crapshoot no matter the timing?

If you have time to watch Elon's interview with Munro it's worth a listen. He talks about quality control during production ramps here.

This should be solid weather stripping all the way through right?
View attachment 692224

Are those little rubber mushrooms. 🤤

Anyone who just picked up a 3 notice it makes a creaking sound when moving very slowly? I was testing out Summon the other day (sorta accidentally subscribed to FSD for a month, but whatever, let's call it my b-day gift. Lol) and it made these creaking sounds when creeping forward. I'm assuming those will go away as I put more miles on the car?

The brakes engage when the car is in "hold" mode. You can also notice squeaking when you turn the steering wheel while stationary, so some noise from the friction between the brakes and the rotors is normal.

• Funny
Reactions: megansblonde
Have some friends in the car restoration biz and in the 80's when they were making old exotics look better than the day they were delivered, saw a lot of their tricks. Bottom line: anything can be adjusted. If you know how. We have come a long way from the days when Jaguar would stuff wood putty into spaces where there were wind leaks!

Have some friends in the car restoration biz and in the 80's when they were making old exotics look better than the day they were delivered, saw a lot of their tricks. Bottom line: anything can be adjusted. If you know how. We have come a long way from the days when Jaguar would stuff wood putty into spaces where there were wind leaks!
I owned an XKE for 11 years. I've owned 4 of them. This post made me chuckle. They also used lead in some instances in the 1940s. Fond, fond memories of those cars.

Reactions: DocHolliday
I need some help here.
I got a home delivery for model 3 SR+ on Sunday about 1 PM. Without accepting car, I could not open car, thus could not check inside.
So I accepted car and found out AC is not working. I delivered car to service center to check and they said they could not find what issue is so I had to leave a car overnight. Today (2nd day at service center) they still could not find out what was causing issue.

They mentioned that I have 3 days to report issues and technically I could not check functions inside the car before accepting the car.
In this case can I refuse the car and replace with new one?

I'm very uncomfortable taking this car now.
Will appreciate your responses !

Since you are still within your return policy, I’d recommend that you refuse the vehicle. I think you may have 3 days at most to back out.

As for the vehicle, if its already been 2 days and they can’t figure it out, who knows what else is wrong. If and when it is lemoned out, you will go all to way to the back of the line since you will have to place a brand new order vs getting matched again.

It might be a blessing in disguise that it didn’t happen on the 5th day or the 30th but it still sucks. QC shouldn’t have let this vehicle out of the factory.

Reactions: Extant and notknown
Since you are still within your return policy, I’d recommend that you refuse the vehicle. I think you may have 3 days at most to back out.

As for the vehicle, if its already been 2 days and they can’t figure it out, who knows what else is wrong. If and when it is lemoned out, you will go all to way to the back of the line since you will have to place a brand new order vs getting matched again.

It might be a blessing in disguise that it didn’t happen on the 5th day or the 30th but it still sucks. QC shouldn’t have let this vehicle out of the factory.
I think I have to refuse car too. I will go to service center and reject car this morning. I can't even sleep cuz of this lol
thanks !

Reactions: DocHolliday
I purchased model 3 last June 2021. I did not inspect the car seriously as I determined my mind to use it anyway.
Last month, I could see many defects on my Tesla, unfortunately. Curls on left fender and pillar, wavy surface on right bottom trim, and stains on windows.
I visited Tesla to address these issues and the responses from it??? They claimed that I re-painted them and cannot get any repair on the defective parts.
In addition, because I did not return the car within 3 days and under 100 miles, Tesla does not have responsibility on the issues. I can swear that I never visited body shop since I purchased the car. I learned from this experience that Tesla re-painted defective parts and used them for the assembly. I like the car but hate Tesla's business mindset.
Return policy is very vague now as I was told that I can return the car within 7 day and under 1,000miles when I received the car. Please check it out from your dealer shop.
It is quite bad day to me....

I purchased model 3 last June 2021. I did not inspect the car seriously as I determined my mind to use it anyway.
Last month, I could see many defects on my Tesla, unfortunately. Curls on left fender and pillar, wavy surface on right bottom trim, and stains on windows.
I visited Tesla to address these issues and the responses from it??? They claimed that I re-painted them and cannot get any repair on the defective parts.
In addition, because I did not return the car within 3 days and under 100 miles, Tesla does not have responsibility on the issues. I can swear that I never visited body shop since I purchased the car. I learned from this experience that Tesla re-painted defective parts and used them for the assembly. I like the car but hate Tesla's business mindset.
Return policy is very vague now as I was told that I can return the car within 7 day and under 1,000miles when I received the car. Please check it out from your dealer shop.
It is quite bad day to me....

Yeah I know a couple of Tesla owners who took their car in for a paint correction (out of their own pocket) after delivery since the paint was pretty bad and they wanted it fixed before PPF was applied. Some people think this type of expense is normal and an implied cost to do business with Elon. I think at this point, you may need to adopt a similar mindset that you'll be coming out of pocket to make this right if your plan is to put PPF on as well.

Don't get me wrong, I do wish Tesla got this right for you as a new/excited owner. But the reality is Tesla is a big money-making machine now and they won't stay that way handing out goodwill repairs for these types of issues.

Getting some blemishes out of your windows should be do-able and I think trim waviness is kind of standard and not really something Tesla would fix anyway.

I picked up my Model 3 yesterday (at the end of their delivery day). I found a few items while there and was told to open a service ticket, but they didn't explain how. On my drive home I found 2 more issues (alignment was way off, and side cameras flickering). What is the best way to get these issues logged as delivery 'defects'?