Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had these two issues and had service actually resolve? This is on my 15 day old M3LR. Drivers side rear plastic around seatbelt is warped and looks bad from the back window. Other is passenger mirror trim that is not sitting flush.
EBEBAB8E-0E7A-4844-953D-9853A383B342.jpeg
3A375964-D875-4E32-A7C2-873351691B99.jpeg
1EFA17BF-9C01-420A-AF66-97B2278E6270.jpeg

So my frunk lid “misalignment” that I thought was “within spec” actually has a dent on the inside! How did that pass QC if there is any. Wish I would’ve seen that on delivery day. Contacted Tesla service will see what they say…

Anyone had these two issues and had service actually resolve? This is on my 15 day old M3LR. Drivers side rear plastic around seatbelt is warped and looks bad from the back window. Other is passenger mirror trim that is not sitting flush.
View attachment 708214View attachment 708215View attachment 708216
I have the same issue on the mirror trim. I’m considering just putting some superglue in there and clamping it down overnight. That should easily solve the issue

I picked up my car yesterday and everything was nearly perfect. I'm still going through things to make sure everything works, and I ran into the tire status card. It shows four tires with "-- psi"
Are the BLE tire pressure monitors an add on, or do they come standard in the 2021 LR AWD?
This is normal. Every car requires the car to be driving for it to read the PSI.

Reactions: Extant
View attachment 708258
View attachment 708260

Has anyone ever opened their frunk and looked at the trim pieces on the sides near the windshield wipers/windshield? See my pictures above. I’m just wondering if this trim feeling loose is just me being ridiculous or not.
Yes, mine is also loose in those corners. Seems to be how they are. I’m amazed at the number of areas where things aren’t better “buttoned down” on the car.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
84BF05E6-2912-4701-9292-7C91EA501F35.jpeg

04D31BC1-CCCC-48E6-8C5B-32ADC0048FEF.jpeg

CBBD23AB-8946-446C-9CAB-472D7F1984B1.jpeg

Also while I am spamming this thread, you will see in the first two photos that there is some weatherstripping on the powered trunk. Tesla has just cut it down to fit the powered trunk mechanism on purpose.

The last photo is just for fun, as I noticed the service center circled a very very tiny ding inside the door. They obviously didn’t fix it but what is hilarious to me is that you can’t even see that with the door shut and it’s not even noticeable even for an OCD person like me. But all the other actual things “wrong” with the car they just elected to just ignore lol. I really think they are instructed to look for dings and dents and major issues and things like recessed doorhandles or slightly warped weatherstripping they just ignore.

Reactions: ss71
Is anyone’s late in 2021 year M3P missing the shroud/surround that would be directly attached to the air intake under the plastic cover in the trunk?

Mine doesn’t…as in there‘s only the intake itself, nothing to be removed from it.

Thanks in advance,
What you are speaking of is aftermarket. It does not come that way from the factory, people buy a filter or cover to put over the air intake themselves.

Another new delivery question: my manual says it is for version 2021.24 North America, yet my car says 2021.11.102.2

All the screens and functionality appear to be in sync with the 2021.24, all the stuff YouTubers were excited about when 2021.24 dropped are in my car. When I go to updates, it says the car is current and it's set to Advanced. Are there multiple versions, like the UI, the App, and the car's OS?
Software updates are not predictable. Mine has been on the same one from the dealership for a week now and it’s not 2021.24 either. Just have to wait and see from what I’ve read on these forums.

Reactions: Extant
Picked up a SR+ with LFP battery in Columbus yesterday. Was very busy and as usual the staff there was great. My car build is better than either of the other 2 we have bought. But not perfect. Only actual items requiring attention are a small dent in the driver door and some foam sealant at the windshield that will need to be trimmed or tucked back up into the gap. Oh… and I got the crazy wavy key cards I’m hoping they will replace. They were very cool about the couple of things and I am confident they will fix them. All in all was a very good experience.

what's this supposed to look like, is it missing the whole filter that is supposed to be factory installed?
I don’t think this guy knows what he’s talking about. There is no cover over that air intake other than the massive plastic trim. Any other cover or filter you see is aftermarket. You can read about it on these forums in multiple threads. If he is just talking about the foam around the side then ok yes that should be there.

Software updates are not predictable. Mine has been on the same one from the dealership for a week now and it’s not 2021.24 either. Just have to wait and see from what I’ve read on these forums.
Yeah, thanks. I found the thread for 2021.11 (2021.11.x Firmware) and we are missing a few things from 2021.24, like Disney+ and the car wash mode. People think that the 2021.11 is some kind of factory firmware that will eventually merge with the main line, but there are people in that thread that have had this version for a while. We won't get the new features for some time, it seems. :(

Someone mentioned in that thread that Tesla is working on adding waypoints to navigation. When I saw that you would get routed through superchargers along the way in a long trip, I guess I assumed that you could have waypoints. That is something I would very much like added to navigation.

Reactions: Jeremy3292