Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Tesla 3 for about 3 weeks now and continue to notice allot of wind noise coming from right side of vehicle by front passenger door. I notice the top of the right side of windshield edge is lower then the overhead glass edge. I took my metal ruler and the ruler catches when sliding ruler towards back. I would say there at least a 1/16 difference. The opposite side is lined up correctly. I made a service appointment and the service adviser tells me that wind noise is not a warranty coverage. The service tech told me the difference is within technical specs. He found the right door glass wasn’t tight against the door seal and supposedly adjusted it Anyhow the wind noise is still the same. More prominent in the right side then the latest drivers side. I made another appointment to get them to look at it again. I notice another even larger alignment issue on the front door window with the door seal. I will bring that to their attention. I’m surprised that the workmanship on these expensive vehicles are so half ass. Is this normal? Or is this unusual? What are my options. Can I get them to take off the windshield and reinstall it correctly?
58D6C986-8C58-49AF-BB45-EC4322225D8A.jpeg

I finally got my 2022 M3LR back from Tesla Service Center after 3 weeks to replace the car computer. This evening, I opened the frunk, and I found these two plastic parts and 7 loose bolts. Obviously, the technician forgot to put them back. Does anybody know what these parts are and where they should go?
5AD289C6-917A-48DA-902B-BDCEE9E7C9EB.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: gonzo
I finally got my 2022 M3LR back from Tesla Service Center after 3 weeks to replace the car computer. This evening, I opened the frunk, and I found these two plastic parts and 7 loose bolts. Obviously, the technician forgot to put them back. Does anybody know what these parts are and where they should go?
Looks to me like the air ducting under the removable cover.

Open the frunk, remove the wide cover that is at the base of the windshield. Those duct pieces go left of center. I suspect it's something you can take care of yourself. I found a picture that might help:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 7.58.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 7.58.13 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
  • Helpful
Reactions: gonzo
Looks to me like the air ducting under the removable cover.

Open the frunk, remove the wide cover that is at the base of the windshield. Those duct pieces go left of center. I suspect it's something you can take care of yourself. I found a picture that might help:
Thank you. After reviewing several YouTube videos, I figured out they are for the fresh air intake duct assembly, and 7 bolts are to tie down the frunk cover. I had to pay $37 dollars to read the service manual to understand how to install the duct. The hole on each diagonal side of the duct snaps over the posts coming out of the frame. It was easy to install everything back once I figured out things. Since I had a time left on my service manual subscription, I looked at how to replace a car computer, and yes, the duct assembly needs to come out. I hope the service tech stepped through all the steps to complete the job.

The service manual is very cool. Unfortunately, it is very expensive.

I had my Tesla 3 for about 3 weeks now and continue to notice allot of wind noise coming from right side of vehicle by front passenger door. I notice the top of the right side of windshield edge is lower then the overhead glass edge. I took my metal ruler and the ruler catches when sliding ruler towards back. I would say there at least a 1/16 difference. The opposite side is lined up correctly. I made a service appointment and the service adviser tells me that wind noise is not a warranty coverage. The service tech told me the difference is within technical specs. He found the right door glass wasn’t tight against the door seal and supposedly adjusted it Anyhow the wind noise is still the same. More prominent in the right side then the latest drivers side. I made another appointment to get them to look at it again. I notice another even larger alignment issue on the front door window with the door seal. I will bring that to their attention. I’m surprised that the workmanship on these expensive vehicles are so half ass. Is this normal? Or is this unusual? What are my options. Can I get them to take off the windshield and reinstall it correctly? View attachment 791376
I would take my car to another service center if I were you.

Reactions: Gulfcoaster
Came across this- seems Tesla isn’t the only EV maker with QC issues. Difference is that Rivian is still very low production numbers at this point so there is perhaps some “handmade” assembly that will eventually be automated and perhaps yield more consistent results. On the other have it sounds like Rivian does not offer an option to reject a VIN- if you don’t like what you see on delivery day you either cancel your order and put in a new order (at the new higher prices and join the back of the queue) or just accept it and hope that they will put it right

Thank you. After reviewing several YouTube videos, I figured out they are for the fresh air intake duct assembly, and 7 bolts are to tie down the frunk cover. I had to pay $37 dollars to read the service manual to understand how to install the duct. The hole on each diagonal side of the duct snaps over the posts coming out of the frame. It was easy to install everything back once I figured out things. Since I had a time left on my service manual subscription, I looked at how to replace a car computer, and yes, the duct assembly needs to come out. I hope the service tech stepped through all the steps to complete the job.

The service manual is very cool. Unfortunately, it is very expensive.
where did you get the service manual?

Hello everyone,

Have a 2022 Model 3 LR 3/12 pickup.

Original car was a 2015 Lexus RC 350 FSport with custom exhaust.

Best and funnest car I have ever driven.

Test drove a Model 3 performance, but opted for the Long Range for miles.

I have a service appointment coming up on Wednesday and don't want to go in totally clueless.

Going in for the following issues:
-Driver seat came stained with markings (they offered to replace free of charge)
-Wind noise coming n through driver's side
-Squeaks, Rattles, etc in all sides (well, at least to my senses)
-Popping/cracking sound (This is totally random and I have noticed happens during the day.)

The popping/cracking, I have read can be due to the heat, i am guessing no way to address t his?

As per the rattles...i drove to work today (4o mile commute) and heard nothing, as if by magic they are gone. Are they gone for good? How can a rattle come and then g o as if nothing and then come again at lower frequency.

Any insight would be appreciated as it will help me to learn if I am making a bigger deal of these items than i should!

If anyone wants to know, The final answer I got from Tesla (and is recorded) that to his knowledge M3P's still come lowered but they are "constantly updating their vehicle". They said there is no further options and refused to give specs of what height a M3P should sit and zero compensation. So I'm just going to file for the cost of the performance package, costs me nothing considering I work with lawyers anyway.
I notice they dont list the performance as lowered anymore either, just the y

Hello everyone,

Have a 2022 Model 3 LR 3/12 pickup.

Original car was a 2015 Lexus RC 350 FSport with custom exhaust.

Best and funnest car I have ever driven.

Test drove a Model 3 performance, but opted for the Long Range for miles.

I have a service appointment coming up on Wednesday and don't want to go in totally clueless.

Going in for the following issues:
-Driver seat came stained with markings (they offered to replace free of charge)
-Wind noise coming n through driver's side
-Squeaks, Rattles, etc in all sides (well, at least to my senses)
-Popping/cracking sound (This is totally random and I have noticed happens during the day.)

The popping/cracking, I have read can be due to the heat, i am guessing no way to address t his?

As per the rattles...i drove to work today (4o mile commute) and heard nothing, as if by magic they are gone. Are they gone for good? How can a rattle come and then g o as if nothing and then come again at lower frequency.

Any insight would be appreciated as it will help me to learn if I am making a bigger deal of these items than i should!
What is the temperature when it rattles and when it does not?

I have been waiting for the past couple of weeks, as my car was impacted by the missing charge port situation. Finally took delivery yesterday. Right off the bat, noticed a crack in my windshield and pointed it out to the sales rep. He had me file a service request on the spot and said they will probably replace it for free. He offered to just have me come back in a couple of weeks to pick up the car, but I decided I didn't want to wait anymore and took it home.

There are a few more issues. There is a pretty large scratch on the drivers side that is ONLY visible in direct sunlight and I only noticed this after taking it home. Ran my finger over it and it's definitely a scratch... but it's invisible outside of direct sunlight. I took a picture and added it to my service request.

There is a very sticky residue on a portion of the interior of the back glass. I tried to remove it but it won't budge. Any tips?

The mat inside my trunk is badly scratched up. Not sure what could have caused that. I will need to take a pic and add it to my service request as well.

Finally, there were small scratches on other parts of the car... still contemplating if I should document those.

Outside of that, car seems solid.

I have been waiting for the past couple of weeks, as my car was impacted by the missing charge port situation. Finally took delivery yesterday. Right off the bat, noticed a crack in my windshield and pointed it out to the sales rep. He had me file a service request on the spot and said they will probably replace it for free. He offered to just have me come back in a couple of weeks to pick up the car, but I decided I didn't want to wait anymore and took it home.

There are a few more issues. There is a pretty large scratch on the drivers side that is ONLY visible in direct sunlight and I only noticed this after taking it home. Ran my finger over it and it's definitely a scratch... but it's invisible outside of direct sunlight. I took a picture and added it to my service request.

There is a very sticky residue on a portion of the interior of the back glass. I tried to remove it but it won't budge. Any tips?

The mat inside my trunk is badly scratched up. Not sure what could have caused that. I will need to take a pic and add it to my service request as well.

Finally, there were small scratches on other parts of the car... still contemplating if I should document those.

I am in the same boat as you that I found out the car will be here this weekend but no charge port. You said it took about two weeks for your parts to come in? Finding the local SC to be very uninformative with the situation. The SA’s on chat were the ones that told me the situation. Did you find anyone you could talk to for good status updates on the parts?

I am in the same boat as you that I found out the car will be here this weekend but no charge port. You said it took about two weeks for your parts to come in? Finding the local SC to be very uninformative with the situation. The SA’s on chat were the ones that told me the situation. Did you find anyone you could talk to for good status updates on the parts?
My SA was responsive to my questions, but answered very generally. When I received my VIN and learned of the delay, he did say they would do their best to get my car to me within two weeks. He was right, it took about two weeks to get the charge port installed.

Hi there,
So I have a blue model 3 and was looking around the car today and noticed that the A pillar (where the gap is) the blue paint there is a bit lighter then the rest of the car.
I'll take pics tomorrow and show.

byt was wondering if others who have a blue model 3. If you look at the gap of the a pillar, right where it meets the front fender. In that gap is the paint a perfect match to the rest of the car or is it like a shade lighter.
mine seems like they didn't do all the coats for that tiny area.

i told the service tech but they said it's within spec. It shouldn't be a big issue.
if others have it then I won't bug them.

ty

How many miles were on the odometer when you picked up?