Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the original Tesla all-weather mats which don't have the sidewalls, and the rear is 2 pieces. The new ones seem like they're made from the same material, which is a somewhat thick and rubbery, which I prefer to some other brands that feel plasticky and not as grippy.

I have the original Tesla all-weather mats which don't have the sidewalls, and the rear is 2 pieces. The new ones seem like they're made from the same material, which is a somewhat thick and rubbery, which I prefer to some other brands that feel plasticky and not as grippy.

i also have the old ones and love them... work well and appear completely OEM. These seem like an improvement over the original with the high sidewalls and single piece rear.

Reactions: MacGreiner
These new Tesla mats are a travesty, especially if you have any snow/water accumulation. Why would they run those lined channels front to back? To make it easier for water to run off into the carpet behind you on acceleration, or carpet in front of you under braking!? Just... it makes no sense!

These new Tesla mats are a travesty, especially if you have any snow/water accumulation. Why would they run those lined channels front to back? To make it easier for water to run off into the carpet behind you on acceleration, or carpet in front of you under braking!? Just... it makes no sense!

In theory. In practice, it doesn't happen enough to spill over. even with the old model with no sidewalls. I've had significant puddles in my car.

One thing to consider: when there's enough snow/slush out there for it to stick to your boots to transfer into the car, you probably won't be accelerating that fast.

In theory. In practice, it doesn't happen enough to spill over. even with the old model with no sidewalls. I've had significant puddles in my car.

One thing to consider: when there's enough snow/slush out there for it to stick to your boots to transfer into the car, you probably won't be accelerating that fast.

I can tell you just this - in the rain in Seattle in a Performance 3 you can accelerate at a rate close to in the dry. Any significant puddles are likely to run.

My mats just got delivered. All 3 mats fit well and hug the side walls as expected. All the mats have those "gripper pins" (not sure what they called) to ensure the mats stay in place. Additionally, the drivers mat has 3 velco type circles (2 top and 1 bottom corner) and the front passenger has 1 velco (bottom corner)to keep them in place.

The rear mat is a little odd. The passenger's side fit the passenger's seats rails rather snuggly. Whereas the driver's side, the opening for the rail is rather wide. And if you look at the website pictures, you'll notice the gap is considerably wider on the drivers side compared to the passengers side. It's a bit of a head scratcher. Anyway, I don't necessarily think if the gap was narrower, it'll do anything to keep my youngest from spilling drinks or tracking dirt that area...he always finds a way to put something somewhere I never thought possible! :)

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and the OEM look of it.
fullsizeoutput_9200.jpeg
IMG_1164.JPG
IMG_1168.JPG
fullsizeoutput_920a.jpeg
IMG_1172.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1174.JPG

Thank you for adding a review! This is VERY weird... why would they do this?

I agree, it's weird. On the instruction manual there's a picture of the rear mat from the driver's side perspective. It looks like the rail on the picture is wider than the rail on my car? It's kinda hard to really tell from the picture. But the mat in the picture definitely fits more snuggly.
IMG_1175.JPG

I agree, it's weird. On the instruction manual there's a picture of the rear mat from the driver's side perspective. It looks like the rail on the picture is wider than the rail on my car? It's kinda hard to really tell from the picture. But the mat in the picture definitely fits more snuggly.
View attachment 442653

I didn't notice this picture on the website either.

1448751-00-B_3.jpg

Looks like it's supposed to be this way? Again, weird.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Well dammit. That oddity is going to bug me, cause I'm a perfectionist at heart. Like the MAXpider mats, the logo was a kind of eyesore. Once you see that driver gap thing, you really can't unsee it. Why, Tesla, why?! Otherwise these are perfect all weather mats.