Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoiler, it fits the Model Y which has different Seat rails. /prediction
Yes, because as Tesla M3 owners, we're just absolutely known for allowing imprecision to persist in our cars.

(insert gratuitous panel gap reference here)

"You think my panel gaps were bad? Wait til you get a load of THIS!" -> (points to rear all-weather mat)

The dead pedal bugs me. Wet boot (or snow on your boot) and water will fall under the mat?

Talk about your half-measures!

I have a feeling they ****ed up and they will fix this.

Here's hoping.

• Funny
Reactions: Phlier
Well dammit. That oddity is going to bug me, cause I'm a perfectionist at heart. Like the MAXpider mats, the logo was a kind of eyesore. Once you see that driver gap thing, you really can't unsee it. Why, Tesla, why?! Otherwise these are perfect all weather mats.

You can swap out the ugly MAXpider logo with a Tesla logo. Looks much better. Don’t have the link but google and you’ll find it. Got sets for all of my mats.

Just got these in red off of Reddit:
il_794xN.1988110699_63k6.jpg

My mats just got delivered. All 3 mats fit well and hug the side walls as expected. All the mats have those "gripper pins" (not sure what they called) to ensure the mats stay in place. Additionally, the drivers mat has 3 velco type circles (2 top and 1 bottom corner) and the front passenger has 1 velco (bottom corner)to keep them in place.

The rear mat is a little odd. The passenger's side fit the passenger's seats rails rather snuggly. Whereas the driver's side, the opening for the rail is rather wide. And if you look at the website pictures, you'll notice the gap is considerably wider on the drivers side compared to the passengers side. It's a bit of a head scratcher. Anyway, I don't necessarily think if the gap was narrower, it'll do anything to keep my youngest from spilling drinks or tracking dirt that area...he always finds a way to put something somewhere I never thought possible! :)

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and the OEM look of it.
View attachment 442640 View attachment 442641 View attachment 442642 View attachment 442643 View attachment 442644 View attachment 442646 View attachment 442647
I am mad that these weren't available when I bought my all weather mats. I had the first version that doesn't full cover the back area. It's also two pieces too. I wonder if they would sell just the back.

Those gaps are very weird! As far as the mats themselves, I passed on the earlier Tesla ones because they did not have raised sides. We actually get snow in northern Arizona so that was a deal killer for me. Instead, I got the MAXspiders (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9GMYG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), which also cover the entire dead pedal. They fit with no gaps. The gap on the Tesla would bug me no end.

I got the Maxpider mats as well. Front, Rear and the Trunk mat. All fit excellent and glad I got them since so far they look the best out of all the other mats I've seen for the Mod 3's

Attachments

• 012B6B28-0022-4706-B92B-920C45256DDD.jpeg
    012B6B28-0022-4706-B92B-920C45256DDD.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 129
  • DA4E5862-B082-4C6E-A12C-C905A24059AB.jpeg
    DA4E5862-B082-4C6E-A12C-C905A24059AB.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Informative
Reactions: Scott7
Well, that is disappointing! I really would expect it to fit well on both sides of the rear. I also am bugged by the dead pedal 1/2 coverage. I have actually bought upgraded metal pedals (like in the performance model) and a dead pedal to match, so these would not work for me without me taking an "exacto-knife" blade to it to remove the 1/2 coverage.

I will keep looking.....

Ordered these last week (I'm on a shopping spree for all the things. <.< ). One thing occurs to me now that I'm looking at the overall configuration more closely. My prior cars have had solid physical hooks to hold the driver's mat in place so there is absolutely no way for it to creep forward and interfere with the pedals, while the passenger side mats didn't, just a normal hook and loop/Velcro bottom over the entire bottom. Normal passenger foot movement made me have to pull the passenger mat back frequently.

Do folks who have this already find that the mats hold position well, or do they suffer from creep with feet pushing them forward? (I know, not out long, so I may have to just do an accelerated activity test or somesuch to see.)

Do folks who have this already find that the mats hold position well, or do they suffer from creep with feet pushing them forward? (I know, not out long, so I may have to just do an accelerated activity test or somesuch to see.)
No creep at all on the driver and front passenger mat. These mats have strong velcro on the back side of it that grips hard to the carpet. The second row mats are come up the carpet far enough that it effectively wedges itself to the floor.

nifDbKe.jpg

NEWKzrr.jpg

WsT6LhZ.jpg

Oh good! I'm looking forward to them arriving. I think I got a notification that they shipped, so I should track them. o_O See if the carrier sends them to the wrong side of the country like they've done with some of my Amazon Tesla-Stuff Shopping Spree. XD *Continues waiting for parts shipped from California to return from West Virginia.*

Hm... I was super set on buying the new OEM all weather mats before my Model 3 arrives, but now I'm back to eyeing the Maxpider.

I get 0 inches of snow on my island, but we do get nasty rains so that dead pedal area on the OEMs are bothering me. I thought the $40 discount on the OEMs compared to the Maxpider was only due to them trying to undercut Maxpider but there seems to be way more material on the Maxpider. Maybe I'll get Maxpider for the interior and OEM all weather for the trunk.

Reactions: CitiesSprinter
There is a new Tesla accident report today. Initial reports indicate that the accident happened while auto parking due to a floor mat getting stuck on the accelerator pedal.

Simple cosmetic changes can sometimes cause dramatic unexpected results. Let’s all be careful with the changes we make.